GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The children lived with TJ if I'm recalling correctly. He kept them with him and she got occasional visits and on this weekend TJ and his girlfriend had to work a late shift so AS had the girls. They did not live as in reside permanently in this filthy house where they were on this Sunday morning.

Do you have any links to support your claim that TJ had full physical custody? Thanks.

While much has been stated to the media, I've seen no indication any of it is true.

JMO

Should Angela Steinfurth be allowed to attend Baby Elaina's funeral?
by Angi Gonzalez
Posted: 09.25.2013 at 12:04 AM

Updated: 09.25.2013 at 5:55 AM

Video link to news segment here
http://youtu.be/xaGMTXfh2cc

(snipped from news article)

WNWO reached out to both the Lucas County Prosecutor's Office and Angela Steinfurth's attorney for comment on Schiewe's planned request, neither has responded as of midnight on Wednesday morning.

Toledo Police were asked about the request and said while they did not think the proposal would be granted they had not heard specifically what was being requested by Mr. Schiewe.

BBM for emphasis
more @ story link here http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=950958#.UkLiylWzKpg

Cherubcollector stated upthread that allowing AS to attend a public service would be a bad idea (I'm paraphrasing). I am in complete agreement! The services should be focused on Baby Elaina, the surviving victims, and those who love her! It should NOT be turned into a media circus, and a security risk (at the cost of taxpayers) to protect the person accused to harming her, IMHO! :banghead:

Again, this post is extremely difficult to write, and I do so with all the love and empathy I can beam out to Ferretmommy and Cherubcollector! We WebSleuthers can't imagine how this is hurting you both, in addition to TJ, KS, and the rest of your amazing family!

Justice for Elaina!

Angela has not been charged with the child's murder and I believe for her own protection she will likely be allowed to visit the funeral home at a time other than the public funeral. I've seen no evidence that the mother does not love her child.

JMO

Do you have any links to support your claim that TJ had full physical custody? Thanks.

While much has been stated to the media, I've seen no indication any of it is true.

JMO

WHY does it matter who had full physical custody? Elaina was in AS care when she died and that's what matters.

WHY does it matter who had full physical custody? Elaina was in AS care when she died and that's what matters.

It matters to me. I asked the poster who stated a fact to provide a link to support it. It is unknown if Elaina died while in AS care or not. It is entirely possible she was removed from the home by someone else.

JMO

BBM. I base my opinion on the fact that the child is dead. I base my opinion on the fact that the mother has not been charged with murder. I've seen no links to support your speculation. The child's mother may very well be a battered woman. I'm not going to "pile on" and blame her at this point.

JMO

Even if she is a battered woman, that is no defense in the murder of your own child. IDC if she did it or SK did it, it was HER responsibility to protect that baby WITH HER LIFE.

It's THAT simple.

It matters to me. I asked the poster who stated a fact to provide a link to support it. It is unknown if Elaina died while in AS care or not. It is entirely possible she was removed from the home by someone else.

JMO

Opinion noted... I agree to disagree.

JMO

This doesn't make sense to me- Elaina did die in her mom's care- her mom had them, was due to give them back to dad, and couldn't come up with Elaina. If my ex manages to lose my son and can't give him back to me, you can bet I will hold him responsible- ESPECIALLY at Elaina's age!

I can usually appreciate the devil's advocate line of thinking... it's just not working in this case. IMO, of course. (And, it seems, most everyone else's...)

JMO

I will state a fact: AS had just asked TJ if she could give him the kids as she was unable to take care of them. This happened earlier that week. She was to draw up a paper stating she was giving full custody to TJ and have it notarized. TJ had attempted to file for custody and was told that until he filed for either separation or divorce the courts would not assign custody to either one. At that point, thwe case was considered to be "joint custody" as in whoever they were with at any given time had custody. <modsnip>

Even if she is a battered woman, that is no defense in the murder of your own child. IDC if she did it or SK did it, it was HER responsibility to protect that baby WITH HER LIFE.

It's THAT simple.

It is simple only if you don't believe in the concept of innocence until proved guilty. Until facts are known, I try to show compassion. Battered women are victims. There is absolutely no evidence that Elaina's mother murdered her child. <modsnip>
JMO

It is simple only if you don't believe in the concept of innocence until proved guilty. Until facts are known, I try to show compassion. Battered women are victims. There is absolutely no evidence that Elaina's mother murdered her child. <modsnip>.

JMO

I respectfully disagree. Elaina was in her care. She admits to seeing her before and right up to the minute Elaina "disappeared". Just as if one person kills a victim during a robbery, all the robbers with that one are guilty of murder.

Don't bicker and argue. Alert the post, scroll by it, or put the poster on ignore. But don't get into arguments that derail the thread.

Salem

:notgood:

:silenced:

:pullhair:

:nevermind:

:waiting:

: pours a drink:

the end.

Don't bicker and argue. Alert the post, scroll by it, or put the poster on ignore. But don't get into arguments that derail the thread.

Salem

Aye Boss :(

BBM. I base my opinion on the fact that the child is dead. I base my opinion on the fact that the mother has not been charged with murder. I've seen no links to support your speculation. The child's mother may very well be a battered woman. I'm not going to "pile on" and blame her at this point. JMO
Yes, the child ~her name is Elaina~ has passed away, while in AS care.
You're right. AS has not been charged with murder. YET. There's still time.
AS may be a battered woman but as you said regarding something else, I've seen no links supporting your speculation on that.
Are you for real? You're not going to "pile on and blame her at this point"? Good gosh! Elaina was in the care and custody of said so called mother, AS. You won't pile it on her but you'll try and pile the blame on someone else? HELLO?

It is simple only if you don't believe in the concept of innocence until proved guilty. Until facts are known, I try to show compassion. Battered women are victims. There is absolutely no evidence that Elaina's mother murdered her child. <modsnip>JMO
Until facts are known you try and show compassion? In my opinion you are showing far more compassion to someone that was in charge of Elaina at the time of her disappearance and death than you are to her family that showed they love her by never giving up the search for her, never stopping wanting Elaina back home with them, who was out looking for her, all while AS sat on her butt in jail thinking she'd get away with all of it.
Holy smoke, show some compassion to those that deserve it, please. That is not AS!
You're right, battered women are victims. Prove to me that AS was one. Until then~

Ferretmommy, cherubcollector, my thoughts and prayers AND compassion are with you and all of your family and friends that truly love Elaina.

MOO

I fail to see how battered women's syndrome can be used as an excuse for someone who endangered their child, ultimately leading to their death. Unless AS, like her accomplice SK, finally comes clean and tells the truth about what happened to her daughter, she will always remain under suspicion. I see AS as a victim of her own bad choices and selfish actions, nothing more. The true victim in this case is Elaina.

According to the video on the site below, SK's pre-trial will happen on Monday.

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/...request-for-release-to-attend-elainas-funeral

The fact that no COD has yet been released will not result in delays for Elaina's funeral. The death certificate will indicate that COD is pending.

I noticed that Justice for Elaina was the headline for the news segment, and appears on the site as well. It seems that TS Sr.'s slogan has been taken up by many people who have come to know and appreciate the spirit of this lovely child.

We're one day closer to Justice for Elaina.

Does anyone have a link to live feed of court and / or a reporter's twitter who's been following this case? TIA

Trial coverage is usually carried on the live feed at http://northwesthohio.com. Because of the high profile nature of the case, they often will post youtube videos rather quickly.

The reporter I follow for the latest updates is Angi Gonzalez. Her twitter feed is http://twitter.com/AnchorAngi

She is by far the most dedicated to Baby Elaina's story (JMHO), replies to tweets, and has appeared on national networks to help keep the story in MSM.

Last but not least, I follow Amulya R., Director of Digital Content and Community Relations at https://twitter.com/amulyar

Both Angi and Amulya are affiliated with WNWO.....
http://twitter.com/WNWOtv

Hope this helps!

Slightly off topic but please bear with me. Another case I've been following involves this mother >> http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/france-m...-pere-de-fiona-5-ans-disparue-a-ia0b0n1568521 It never struck me until yesterday how much she looks like AS, but blonde, especially her eyes. A few weeks prior to Elaina disappearing, this mother's little girl disappeared as well. The case is in France, so it's not had as many followers because of the language issues in reporting. Mom said her child disappeared. Poof, she vanished! All of the adults involved were arrested this week and now according to mom, her drug addicted boyfriend beat her child to death . So for about four months the whole of France searched for a missing child who would not be found. She's been buried very nearby all this time and mom kept her mouth shut while even PRAISING the wonderful man who was her boyfriend and how good he was for her and her other child. Anyway, it's off topic for Elaina but I wanted to point out how frequently this type of thing is happening, a mother covering for a boyfriend who has killed her child and letting people exhaust themselves searching for a baby that cannot be found . Their eyes are what made me draw the connection. I never had before.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back