GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good. I'm glad the folks in the county jail want to ' riot' when they see SK. Maybe that will jog his memory about what happened to Elaina. You know I've been thinking we go back and forth SK is the primary or AS is the primary and the other just ' covered' for the first. But if that was the case I think by now the LESS guilty would have made it very clear what happened. Maybe they both are the primary , as in both did something so violent it could have caused her death and so neither one of them can really point the finger definitively at the other and say THEY DID IT and I ' merely ' assisted after the fact or what not. Just
thinking out loud.
Anything on the docket this week?
We had a power surge last night and my router was broken when I woke up . I had no phone, tv or internet. Just got to checking around.

Hang in there FM ! :)

Nothing until another pretrial for AS on the 23rd, I think, and pretrial for SK on the 29th. He is scheduled for starting his trial on Nov. 4th.

In addition, I did find out this morning that AS is with 5 other girls at this time, and they tried to put SK back into general population but it almost caused a riot, so he is still in solitary.

Hoping that the fear will hopefully at least make the least guilty of the two speak up wanting to protect their behind!

I say every now and then do another march to the jailhouse as a little reminder to the inmates to why SK and AS are there, keep it fresh in their minds......

I do not know if either are still in solitary for protection, I do recall being told that AS was in general with people being held for charges similar to hers, but after Elaina was found, she asked to go back to solitary. From what we have found out recently, the coroner's report is back, but we have not been told if there is anything in it that is helpful to the case.

Hoping that can be thought of as "no news is good news" meaning they did find evidence......I would imagine that if nothing was found that they would have disclosed that information. Praying for the answers that you so much deserve.

We are definitely wanting to do another one, hopefully SOON.

This may be personal but did RS ever give TJ the personal items he promised him some weeks back? Relating to the girls' hospital pics, etc.

This may be personal but did RS ever give TJ the personal items he promised him some weeks back? Relating to the girls' hospital pics, etc.

Nope, he never gave them to him.

Has RS asked to see KS? Do gparents have rights in OH?

As far as I know, RS has not asked to see her. His daughter MS has been at their house several times and seen her. And I don't think grandparents have rights in Ohio. Good question, I'm gonna see what I can find out regarding it. RS doesn't dare come over to TJ's to see her, he's got that TPO against TJ and it works both ways...

I found a website that says grandparents do not automatically have the right to visitation, they must petition the court for it. It is possible for the judge to deny it, which in this case I think would happen. None of the family would allow him to take her anywhere!

Also, I'm reading that nowadays the courts give substantial weight to the parent of what is in the child's best interests and I don't think a judge is going to allow visitation to a grandfather whose daughter is at least partially responsibly for her sister's disappearance and death.

As far as I know, RS has not asked to see her. His daughter MS has been at their house several times and seen her. And I don't think grandparents have rights in Ohio. Good question, I'm gonna see what I can find out regarding it. RS doesn't dare come over to TJ's to see her, he's got that TPO against TJ and it works both ways...

I googled 'grandparent visitation rights in Ohio' and found several links.

Ohio does grant visitation privileges to grandparents if certain criteria are met and it is determined to be in the best interest of the child.
http://www.lsc.state.oh.us/membersonly/127grandparents.pdf

If a child is adopted by a step-parent, the child becomes a 'legal stranger' and the grandparents on the non-custodial side lose their rights.
https://www.ohiobar.org/ForPublic/Resources/LawYouCanUse/Pages/LawYouCanUse-312.aspx

Also, I'm reading that nowadays the courts give substantial weight to the parent of what is in the child's best interests and I don't think a judge is going to allow visitation to a grandfather whose daughter is at least partially responsibly for her sister's disappearance and death.

Not to mention if LE has any hinkling he's had some knowledge of any of it since and withheld that from them. Not saying he did, but he's not put himself in a very grandfatherly light moooooo .

I'm hoping if RS dare ask for those "rights" that he be denied in a heartbeat. As much as I respect good stepparents I'm saying for TJ to pull the natural grandparent child on him if he tries that. Is a step parent always considered a step parent even when a divorce occurs?

Sorry, what's a TPO?

The TPO RS has against TJ notwithstanding, didn't CPS step in to deny RS visitation, or am I not remembering correctly?

RS is the stepfather to AS. Legally, he has no right to see KS. He is not the biological grandparent. Grandparents sometimes can petition for their "rights", but usually the step-grandparent has ZERO rights.

IMO-he should never see KS again! Goodbye RS! Get out of the Steinfurth's lives! Sorry, but I can't stand the guy...since day ONE!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back