GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm hoping if RS dare ask for those "rights" that he be denied in a heartbeat. As much as I respect good stepparents I'm saying for TJ to pull the natural grandparent child on him if he tries that. Is a step parent always considered a step parent even when a divorce occurs?

In Ohio, step parents have no legal rights to step-children unless they legally adopt those children. http://www.examiner.com/article/what-about-the-children-stepparents-and-legal-rights. When you adopt a child, you are no longer a step parent. http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-adoption.htm. You are an adoptive parent. You have all the rights and responsibilities normally associated with being a birth or biological parent.

If adoption has not occurred, the step parent will visit his/her former step chlldren at the discretion of the former spouse or partner who is the custodial parent. From what I've read, it sounds as though the step parent, after a divorce, becomes a "legal stranger". This must be very hard on the children as well as the former step parent once an attachment has been formed. However, if the children are over the age of 12, they may decide to maintain a relationship with their former step parent which has nothing legally to do with the remaining parent. It seems that at this point, the step parent assumes the role of mentor and friend. JMO

I think this question has real importance in the development of new laws dealing with relationships within a family, and would be very interested in what other people think. http://www.ohiolegalservices.org/public/legal_problem/family-law/visitation/qandact_view

RS is the stepfather to AS. Legally, he has no right to see KS. He is not the biological grandparent. Grandparents sometimes can petition for their "rights", but usually the step-grandparent has ZERO rights.

IMO-he should never see KS again! Goodbye RS! Get out of the Steinfurth's lives! Sorry, but I can't stand the guy...since day ONE!

Amen! I was thinking about this last night and imagining if he visited her saying things like ' your mommy loves you and shes'a really good mommy ' etc. He's been an apologist and supporter of AS from day one at BOTH girls' expense. His influence in K's life can only bring more suffering and the baby deserves not one unpleasant thought for the rest of her life.
Not to mention, I think the more he's around and in the picture the greater chance TJ or his dad might end up smacking him and getting in trouble for it and there is no reason for that either. It'd be so difficult not to but as long he's out of sight, out of mind, there 's no reason to. Steer clear of this trouble maker!

Hugs to the family !~

The TPO RS has against TJ notwithstanding, didn't CPS step in to deny RS visitation, or am I not remembering correctly?

CPS has told TJ that they would prefer him to not allow Kylee to see/be around RS.

From what Becky has said, she has never asked even once about her mother. She has told me how she misses Elaina so much. Last weekend, she and I were in her bedroom playing, and she asked if she could tell me a story. I said yes, then she proceeded to tell me how the wicked witch flew down and took Elaina away with her, and now Elaina watches her from the clouds. I said Yes, and at night when you're sleeping she comes down to kiss you and tell you she loves you. Then she stuck her finger against her eye, and I asked her why she was poking herself in the eye and she said it stops her from crying. I tear up when I think about it...

From what Becky has said, she has never asked even once about her mother. She has told me how she misses Elaina so much. Last weekend, she and I were in her bedroom playing, and she asked if she could tell me a story. I said yes, then she proceeded to tell me how the wicked witch flew down and took Elaina away with her, and now Elaina watches her from the clouds. I said Yes, and at night when you're sleeping she comes down to kiss you and tell you she loves you. Then she stuck her finger against her eye, and I asked her why she was poking herself in the eye and she said it stops her from crying. I tear up when I think about it...

Oh bless her little heart! :tears:

Oh bless her. It must be so difficult for her. I'm pleased she's settled somewhat, but can't imagine how much she misses Elaina. Hugs to her x x x

Poor baby :(
She needs to cry when she feels like it. It's ok for little girls, who've been through a nightmare, to cry. Getting those tears out will do her some good.
What a little doll. Ferret , I'm so blessed to have met ( cyberly) you and
your family. Most of these cases, we know nothing of the family and have to hope they fair ok and it does my heart good
to know little K has a loving family taking care of her now.I'm so glad she made it. I'm so glad you got one of the babies and evil didn't take them both.
So glad and she will bless you every day of your life ! :)

I'm taking KS's advice and trying to poke myself in the eye to keep from crying. :cry: I feel so bad for all of you, especially this beautiful young girl. I can't imagine her pain. As an adult, I can't fathom what you are all going through. May God and Elaina keep watching over all of you, especially little KS. You all deserved so much better. RIP Elaina and watch over your big sis. :heartbeat:

Ferretmommy, I read your post about little K, and, like everyone else, I cried too. The first words which came to my mind next were those of Thomas Dekker. At different points in my life, this poem's gentle reminder that today's tears become tomorrow's hopes have brought me comfort. Here are the lyrics that I have loved for many years.

Cradle Song
Golden slumbers kiss your eyes,
Smiles awake you when you rise ;
Sleep, pretty baby, do not cry,
And I will sing a lullaby,
Rock them, rock them, lullaby.
Care is heavy, therefore sleep you,
You are care, and care must keep you ;
Sleep, pretty darling, do not cry,
And I will sing a lullaby,
Rock them, rock them, lullaby.

Thomas Dekker (1603)

I hope smiles awake you and K in all the mornings to come, Ferretmommy.

(PS. Over three and a half centuries after it's publication, the poem inspired Paul McCartney's final trilogy on the Beatles' Abby Road album.)

Oh bless her sweet heart.

Things are quiet and that is good.
Hoping little K is getting a bit excited for Halloween.
Hoping she can go out and just be a little girl for a bit and
dress up and have fun and her burdens be light for a little while.
:) This is an exciting time for kids her age.

Although the holidays will be very hard on the family, it will probably be helpful to little K.

Justice is coming. It's getting closer ! :)

AS has another pretrial this Wednesday. Hopefully more charges will be brought to the Grand Jury and approved for indictment...

I know the odds are slim anyone will actually go to trial when they are scheduled...
But hopefully it doesn't drag on for too long.
Though the important thing is that they are IN jail. They can't hurt another child during the slow process.

Although the holidays will be very hard on the family, it will probably be helpful to little K.

Got to agree here. Concentrating on K might be the best thing, while the trials are imminent. Let K have a good holiday time, justice will be done, but K needs to have some normalised life too. Bless you all x

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back