OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why no further searches? 150 acres is only about a quarter of a square mile... Why no TES? Why discourage the public from searching if LE isn't going to do it? Why no thermal camera or dogs or helicopters since that one day of searching?

Why is the "search" expanded nationwide? There has to be a reason to escalate from looking in Port Clinton to saying we're looking literally nationwide... What other "runaway" who has been gone for less than a week has a nationwide search? There has to be a reason. It isn't just "he could be anywhere" IMO. So could any other kid that is a runaway - and they are plentiful. It isn't the parents begging and pleading for help and attention. What is it?

Last edited:
I hope this isn’t against TOS to post so just my opinion.

I was reading elsewhere and Harley’s mom has an online business selling women’s clothing.

I looked it up and she did a 2+ hour FB live video on the evening of Wednesday, December 18th and you can hear her talking to Harley, he’s in the background. About an hour into the video, mom asked him to bring her a plastic bag from the other room, he says he’s hungry, she said she got him donuts from Dunkin’s Donuts earlier, he starts popping popcorn, he cracks a joke.

You can’t actually see him on the video but you can hear him talking and mom addressed him by name. This would’ve been the Wednesday evening before he went missing.

Also noted that Harley had a concert on Monday, December 16th that same week. I’m assuming a Christmas concert and the family was attending. Do we know if Harley was in the band or choir?

IMO, from watching/listening to the video it sounds like normal home life on a Wednesday evening.

JMHO

Last edited:

Disappointing to hear there are rumors going around about Harley. He's just 14, not old enough to be a bad kid. Small towns, small minds, I guess.

I haven't followed the last few days. Have they called in the FBI yet? I do hope so. Local LE can always use their help in these situations and shouldn't be shy about asking.

No new information 10 days after Port Clinton teen was last seen

PORT CLINTON, Ohio — Ten days after a Port Clinton teenager was last seen, police said they had no additional information to share about the case but that they are working "tirelessly" to bring the boy home.

Chief Rob Hickman said local, state and federal law enforcement are all working together on the investigation. He wouldn't say whether anyone was out actively searching on Monday or whether anyone had been to the boy's house that day.

Throughout downtown Port Clinton, missing posters hang in the windows of businesses, alerting people that 14-year-old Harley Dilly was last seen Dec. 20. One of those flyers also hangs on the fridge at Light House Sober Living on East 5th Street, next door to the home where Dilly and his family live.
Continued at link

Last edited:
Throughout downtown Port Clinton, missing posters hang in the windows of businesses, alerting people that 14-year-old Harley Dilly was last seen Dec. 20. One of those flyers also hangs on the fridge at Light House Sober Living on East 5th Street, next door to the home where Dilly and his family live.

Speaking of that sober house... BBM

Residents skeptic about sober living house
Published 2:22 p.m. ET Dec. 4, 2014

PORT CLINTON – Concern is the feeling Heather Dilly expresses after learning the site of a proposed sober living house could be next door to her Fifth Street home.

Light House Inc., led by Ottawa County Common Pleas Judge Bruce Winters, recently made plans to establish a sober living house for addicts in Ottawa County.

Through a $335,000 grant from the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction, the house would provide services to 10 people and open in April. The group is considering a former church at 515 E. Fifth St.

Winters said the building has been appraised but has not been purchased by the group.

“We looked at it to see if it made sense,” Winters said. “We don’t have a lot of money, there are no firm plans on location yet.”

Dilly said she is concerned about the possibility of having drug addicts near her son, who has autisum, and plans to move out by March.

“My husband got another job, so we would like to move closer, but this was the icing on the cake,” she said. “I have no problem with this coming to the city. Location is the issue. We gutted our house and now the property value will fall. We won’t get our money back.”

City residents also have been discussing the issue on the “Talk of Port Clinton (Uncensored)” Facebook site.

“Sounds stupid and wouldn’t want it near my house,” Kim Moritz said.

Jessica Pach said sober houses are normally in areas that have employment opportunities and public transportation.

“Strange they would put one in PC, they’d have to take OCTA to the store and to and from work,” she said.

According to Winters, the house will be recovery and empowerment based and will incorporate a holistic range of services. Residents will be provided with mental health counseling, addiction treatment, education, career development, physical health and wellness and general life skills.

“The people living here will have to apply,” Winters said. “They are people who have been or demonstrated sobriety in the past. It is not court-related.”

Each man in the house is expected to find a job or provide community service, Winters said. He said the house benefits recovering addicts because it provides a space free of enablers.

“It is hard to stay sober on the couch of your drug-addicted friend,” Winters said.

Speaking of that sober house... BBM

Residents skeptic about sober living house
Published 2:22 p.m. ET Dec. 4, 2014

PORT CLINTON – Concern is the feeling Heather Dilly expresses after learning the site of a proposed sober living house could be next door to her Fifth Street home.

Light House Inc., led by Ottawa County Common Pleas Judge Bruce Winters, recently made plans to establish a sober living house for addicts in Ottawa County.

Through a $335,000 grant from the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction, the house would provide services to 10 people and open in April. The group is considering a former church at 515 E. Fifth St.

Winters said the building has been appraised but has not been purchased by the group.

“We looked at it to see if it made sense,” Winters said. “We don’t have a lot of money, there are no firm plans on location yet.”

Dilly said she is concerned about the possibility of having drug addicts near her son, who has autisum, and plans to move out by March.

“My husband got another job, so we would like to move closer, but this was the icing on the cake,” she said. “I have no problem with this coming to the city. Location is the issue. We gutted our house and now the property value will fall. We won’t get our money back.”

City residents also have been discussing the issue on the “Talk of Port Clinton (Uncensored)” Facebook site.

“Sounds stupid and wouldn’t want it near my house,” Kim Moritz said.

Jessica Pach said sober houses are normally in areas that have employment opportunities and public transportation.

“Strange they would put one in PC, they’d have to take OCTA to the store and to and from work,” she said.

According to Winters, the house will be recovery and empowerment based and will incorporate a holistic range of services. Residents will be provided with mental health counseling, addiction treatment, education, career development, physical health and wellness and general life skills.

“The people living here will have to apply,” Winters said. “They are people who have been or demonstrated sobriety in the past. It is not court-related.”

Each man in the house is expected to find a job or provide community service, Winters said. He said the house benefits recovering addicts because it provides a space free of enablers.

“It is hard to stay sober on the couch of your drug-addicted friend,” Winters said.
That story is 5 years old. It doesn’t appear that they have moved.

After 10 days, it's hard to know what to hope. Could he possibly be safe on his own after this long?
I think it's possible that a teen runaway could still be ok. Someone else mentioned cabins nearby. If he was hiding out in one of those, he'd have everything he needs to survive.

Some cases, I read here, Im thinking - no good possible outcome, but because of his age and the weather, I think there's still a chance.

With a hoodie and a pair of sunglasses, he'd be a young looking busker, but he could be out getting change in plenty of cities.

I have no idea what's going on in this case, but I think it's at least possible he's still ok. I hope he ran away, because that seems like the best outcome to me.
I'm hoping there's new information soon.

Why no further searches? 150 acres is only about a quarter of a square mile... Why no TES? Why discourage the public from searching if LE isn't going to do it? Why no thermal camera or dogs or helicopters since that one day of searching?

Why is the "search" expanded nationwide? There has to be a reason to escalate from looking in Port Clinton to saying we're looking literally nationwide... What other "runaway" who has been gone for less than a week has a nationwide search? There has to be a reason. It isn't just "he could be anywhere" IMO. So could any other kid that is a runaway - and they are plentiful. It isn't the parents begging and pleading for help and attention. What is it?

If he did runaway and he's ok, it appears he doesn't want to come back and probably left town.

I'm hoping that means they have reason to think him alive.

I don't know the area, so I don't know how feasible it'd be to check all those cabins/lakehouses. However, Jayme Closs ended up at the abductor's family cabin. A copycat abduction is possible.

I just don’t think they suspect that at all.
The search activity is ... casual. Almost obligatory. They aren’t aggressively seeking in my opinion. I feel like they know a lot more than they are letting on.

I just don’t think they suspect that at all.
The search activity is ... casual. Almost obligatory. They aren’t aggressively seeking in my opinion. I feel like they know a lot more than they are letting on.

I hope it's that he's alive, but not in town . To think they're aware he never left could possibly be concerning.

I know. She mentions her son having autism, which was the more relevant part and has not at all been brought up.

Chief Hickman was asked about this at a press conference and replied “no comment”. I do not believe it to be confirmed that Harley is autistic.
Though there are multiple places mom has stated it publicly.

Might be a case where it was suspected when he was younger but turned out not to be or something?

I would think if it were a confirmed diagnosis it would have been included in the BOLO and endangered listings as it would be important information for someone who might come across him to know.

The young man seemed so connected to social media, YT, etc. Seems it would be difficult for him to go 10 days without some internet activity. I wonder if LE is looking online to see if they can find him there, perhaps using a different identity? IDK, hard to know what to think in this situation.

What an incredibly sad case on a multitude of levels. You could toss dice into the air and have this be any one of 6 or more scenarios as to what happened to HD.

His SM is especially concerning but the fact he did not have his phone and had no access to contacts and apps makes me think that most likely did not play a part in his disappearance as red-flagged as it is.

HD seems very naive and emotionally a young 14. To be missing this long with no sighting gives me a pit in my stomach. I don't believe he is capable of staying hidden for this long. Unless he went off with someone which I could see him doing, then self-harm or some kind of accident where he died is where I am currently at. I hope this has a good outcome, but I don't think it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mommysbabies24