OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dilly’s father reported him missing at around midnight on December 21. The teen had recently broken his phone, possibly explaining why his family was not concerned about not hearing from him until hours later.
Harley Dilly: Nationwide search under way as missing teen’s disappearance reaches 7th day

Hickman said it was “not uncommon” for Dilly not to be home on the first night based on past behavior following when there had been a “conflict” at home and that the teen had broken his phone within a week prior to his disappearance.
Port Clinton teen still missing; search covers more than 150 acres

Chief Hickman shared in the press conference that Dilly wasn’t feeling well the day of his disappearance, but his mom still made him go to school.
Reward raised for information on a 14-year-old Port Clinton boy who has been missing since Dec. 20

Eta: I’m a bit confused. There are other articles stating the phone was taken away from him by his parents: and why do they think he has been injured?:
Ohio Boy, 14, Hasn't Been Seen Since He Left for School a Week Ago

Was it broken before it was taken away or after it was taken away? Anybody know?

Last edited:
Trying to sift through some of his YouTube videos... Seems like LE is already taking some down. Harley also has numerous videos recording himself on his way too school.

"Last night, I did something that I do not regret. I leaked my phone number on livestreams and got called by streamers. I'm gonna leak my number in the title of this video. Now, if you wanna call me, just wait until after it is 2:30 in Ohio.... I'd be glad to talk to you and answer some questions. Don't forget, keep it kid-friendly because I'm only 12. So if you wanna call me, I guess you can call me this morning if you see the video quick enough"

"Yesterday, I had court. I got charged with menacing for scheduling a fight with a kid, showing him what I would do to him, and then selling tickets for the fight, and then telling him that the ticket holders will come after him if he did not go fight and um, I've already had problems with this kid before. It was I believe, November when we last had our problems, yeah November....I'm trying to change my ways"

Livestream of some dude talking to him in multiple videos who he calls his "biggest fan." Asks how old he is, asks to friend him on Facebook, Harley gives him his phone number

Holy Crud.

No wonder his parents took his "electronic device" away.

Those YT videos are an absolute nightmare.

Putting his phone number on blast.
Posting live vids of himself in the bathtub.
Disclosing his age, "I'm only 12."
Disclosing personal family info & legal/court info.

Horrifying.

No boundaries.
No safety awareness.
HD did everything but give out his home address.

His digital footprints should yield a treasure trove of info for LE.
This is likely the very reason so many agencies, including federal, are involved now.
They're going to need to go interview any adults who interacted with him via SM, as well as whoever contacted him after he posted his phone number on his YT channel.

The SM issues make this case a hairy mess for LE.
While HD's SM activities may be completely unrelated to his disappearance, LE is going to need to do their due diligence and rule that possibility out.

JMO.

Last edited:
T
Dilly’s father reported him missing at around midnight on December 21. The teen had recently broken his phone, possibly explaining why his family was not concerned about not hearing from him until hours later.
Harley Dilly: Nationwide search under way as missing teen’s disappearance reaches 7th day

Hickman said it was “not uncommon” for Dilly not to be home on the first night based on past behavior following when there had been a “conflict” at home and that the teen had broken his phone within a week prior to his disappearance.
Port Clinton teen still missing; search covers more than 150 acres

Chief Hickman shared in the press conference that Dilly wasn’t feeling well the day of his disappearance, but his mom still made him go to school.
Reward raised for information on a 14-year-old Port Clinton boy who has been missing since Dec. 20

Eta: I’m a bit confused. There are other articles stating the phone was taken away from him by his parents: and why do they think he has been injured?:

Was it broken before it was taken away or after it was taken away? Anybody know?

There are just so many conflicting reports.
His phone was taken away. No it was broken. Mom didn’t get a call from the school bc her phone was broken. Mom didn’t get the call because her voicemail was full.

He was known to get mad and take off but no history of running away. The description changed on what he was wearing at one point. At one point it was reported as a 13 year old and then changed to 14 year old. (WHAT??!!)

There’s no rhyme or reason here and very few confirmed facts.

T

There are just so many conflicting reports.
His phone was taken away. No it was broken. Mom didn’t get a call from the school bc her phone was broken. Mom didn’t get the call because her voicemail was full.

He was known to get mad and take off but no history of running away. The description changed on what he was wearing at one point.

There’s no rhyme or reason here and very few confirmed facts.
Also when Harley was last seen is conflicting. In the beginning, it was mother saw him before school Fri, then seen at school 3pm on Fri, then still photo shows early morning Fri. Which is it? Something is really screwy here. I’m also amazed at at the agencies and organizations involved. Ohio Atty. Gen. release? I only wish other missing children would have/will receive this much attention so early in the case with zero public indicators that child is in critical danger or injured besides the obvious of his age and time elapsed. How did this become nationwide so quickly? How many times have we read of missing children/teens with parents and public begging agencies for attention with little response? Is it just me? Or does this seem an unusual sequence, timing, quantity and hierarchy of agencies involved?

Also when Harley was last seen is conflicting. In the beginning, it was mother saw him before school Fri, then seen at school 3pm on Fri, then still photo shows early morning Fri. Which is it? Something is really screwy here. I’m also amazed at at the agencies and organizations involved. Ohio Atty. Gen. release? I only wish other missing children would have/will receive this much attention so early in the case with zero public indicators that child is in critical danger or injured besides the obvious of his age and time elapsed. How did this become nationwide so quickly? How many times have we read of missing children/teens with parents and public begging agencies for attention with little response? Is it just me? Or does this seem an unusual sequence, timing, quantity and hierarchy of agencies involved?

People reporting police believe he’s alive but injured and not abducted. I think there’s something police know but aren’t saying and that’s why there’s been a quick escalation.

From what I can gather in msm, he was last seen by someone outside the family at 7pm on Thursday. His mother said he didn’t want to go to school Fri about 7am but she made him. He left on foot. There is grainy surveillance video around that time near the home that police believe may be him.

There are a lot of unconfirmed rumors in MSM and SM about people / students thinking they saw him after school on Friday. Which is adding to the timeline confusion.

He was reported missing to LE around midnight on Saturday.

That’s the best timeline I’ve got.

Last edited:
I’m unable to locate info why and when the US Marshals office became involved.
https://www.usmarshals.gov/duties/factsheets/overview.pdf
U.S. Marshals Service, Duties, Index

Eta:
The Justice for Victims of Trafficking Act of 2015 enhanced the U.S. Marshals’ authority to assist federal, state and local law enforcement with the recovery of missing, endangered or abducted children, regardless of whether a fugitive or sex offender was involved. The Marshals established a Missing Child Unit to oversee and manage the implementation of its enhanced authority under the act.
 Upon request, the Marshals assist other law enforcement agencies with the recovery of “critically missing children,” who have gone missing under circumstances that indicate an elevated risk to the child.
https://www.usmarshals.gov/duties/factsheets/missing_child_program.pdf

Last edited:

People reporting police believe he’s alive but injured and not abducted. I think there’s something police know but aren’t saying and that’s why there’s been a quick escalation.

From what I can gather in msm, he was last seen by someone outside the family at 7pm on Thursday. His mother said he didn’t want to go to school Fri about 7am but she made him. He left on foot. There is grainy surveillance video around that time near the home that police believe may be him.

There are a lot of unconfirmed rumors in MSM and SM about people / students thinking they saw him after school on Friday. Which is adding to the timeline confusion.

He was reported missing to LE around midnight on Saturday.

That’s the best timeline I’ve got.

BBM:

Where the heck is People getting THIS bit about LE believing HD is "injured?"

I haven't read or heard that anywhere else in MSM.

So, either it's misreporting by People, or they have some inside scoop that no other MSM has gleaned from LE.

The mashup of information that's been provided to the public here is, as per, making it hard to determine the actual facts related to HD's disappearance, especially last confirmed sighting and when/where that sighting took place.

JMO.

Chief Hickman says he doesn't have a history of running away, and doesn't believe he was abducted.

Officers were called to Harley's home a month ago for a "family issue" to calm down Harley. Officers have been silent on how Harley is as a kid and his behavior.

In a video that was shared to NBC 24 from Harley's YouTube page, coming from last year, Harley expressed his frustrations at home.

"He told me that my mom never called the police. So she lied to me to get me scared, and she locked me out of the house. So right now, I'm outside."
The search for Harley Dilly ramps up, one week after his disappearance

Well now it makes sense as to why this poor kid wasn't reported missing for so long. Are we sure he didn't go back home at some point?

Based on his YouTube, he's a lonely, incredibly vulnerable kid. With his older sibling saying she knew things weren't good at home, I hope if he's found alive, he is placed into a better situation.

MOO Although I agree from the youtube videos I watched he seemed vulnerable, I don't think we can make assumptions about his home life. Teenagers can cause quite a bit of chaos at times even in the most functional homes. Most alarming to me are his actions on SM. It is possible that his parents were attempting to enforce boundaries & discipline as a result of his actions. Sadly, he seems so innocent, lounging shirtless & it appears he is unaware of possible dangers.

MOO Although I agree from the youtube videos I watched he seemed vulnerable, I don't think we can make assumptions about his home life. Teenagers can cause quite a bit of chaos at times even in the most functional homes. Most alarming to me are his actions on SM. It is possible that his parents were attempting to enforce boundaries & discipline as a result of his actions. Sadly, he seems so innocent, lounging shirtless & it appears he is unaware of possible dangers.

He strikes me as a very troubled kid. He claims he went to court for “menacing” another student, challenging him to a fight, selling tickets to the fight, and threatening the kid with what ticket holders would do if he didn’t show up. This is very calculated and manipulative behavior. As much as I’d like to, I didn’t really get a sense of innocence or vulnerability from him. Naive, yes. I think his parents had their hands full with him and were probably ill-equipped to help him. That doesn’t mean they were great parents, but perhaps it means that this was a perfect storm.

That being said, Harley needs to be found pronto. He is definitely physically vulnerable and in danger and needs ongoing help. It’s quite possible he overestimated his ability to handle bad situations.
All JMO

I just watched HD’s YouTube “Vlog at SCHOOL” the vid does show his social interaction with peers and classmates. It appears he is attention seeking and enjoying involving others. His stature is somewhat viewable in comparison to other students in his class.

According to the school’s handbook, among other rules:
No student is allowed to take pictures, video, or any recordings of any other student or staff member without that person’s knowledge. Taking such a picture, video, or recording is a Level II Violation of the Code of Conduct for Insubordination and may result in further discipline. Any such picture, video, or recording may be confiscated by school administration and/or destroyed.
https://hs.pccsd.net/ourpages/auto/2008/9/4/1220547023287/PCHS Student Handbook 2019-20.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member