OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you read it right, I was wondering how they CAN'T verify that. I have been out of school for 20 years (Graduated in 1999) and we had attendance PER CLASS and if we were late we had to have a GOOD excuse, if we missed a class we better have had our butts in the office or been with a teacher.

HOW can they not tell us if 1 child was in classes in the afternoon when classmates are saying "he wasn't here". It would help with searching because if he had a hideout that he stashed things in and a friend knew of this place then LE could get the friend to tell.

BUT, the family is being shady with their story. First the Mom saw him, then no she spoke to him "there's a difference" her words, I have read 3 variations as to what happened with HD's cellphone, and this child seems to have no idea as to what he can and can't do on some days.

Another thing, if the mom was out drinking the night before...she had a heart attack and a stroke, almost died months prior to this, I am guessing she is on medication for these conditions (I'm a stroke patient I'm on a pharmacy) AND SHE WENT OUT DRINKING???? How the hell does she even know what happened? My medications have a warning NOT to mix with alcohol because they can make you black out or pass out and impair your memory. There are also the ones that can have adverse effects and then the ones that get stronger with alcohol.
I'm 9 years post stroke, I had mine 3 days after I had my daughter, so I haven't drank in over 10 years now. I don't want to take a chance of hurting myself or my kids b/c of the meds I'm on.
Keep in mind it was the week before Christmas, and at least in Ohio, there are midterm exams in high schools. Some of these exams are optional. Kids don't necessarily have to show up, so some schools have a very relaxed attendance policy during testing time.

Ok so it confirmed by police he was seen going home from a friend's house at 7pm Thursday night.

REPORTEDLY he was captured on video leaving that friends home, IIRC on a ring camera.

THIS VIDEO HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED.

I find this puzzling.

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HE WAS WEARING when he left that friends house.

I would think LE at least has been able to verify if Harley was at school Thursday or not. It's strange they are being so vague about it, but it almost feels like that has to be intentional. Because that should be an easy thing to confirm?

The mother's statements in MSM don't always line up with what LE has said or bring up obvious questions like wait, when specifically was he last seen, who saw what he was wearing, you saw him, you didn't, you heard him but didn't see him etc., was it 6am or closer to 7, etc., which makes trying to follow a timeline challenging. He had a routine, he stays close to home, but no one noticed for 41 hours if he didn't make it home. His cell phone was broken or was it taken away or both. It doesn't mean guilt, but it's noted discrepancies or at least creating confusion.

Even if your voice mail is full, doesn't the phone still ring if it's on?? Wouldn't you still see a missed call from school and call it back?

Yes you read it right, I was wondering how they CAN'T verify that. I have been out of school for 20 years (Graduated in 1999) and we had attendance PER CLASS and if we were late we had to have a GOOD excuse, if we missed a class we better have had our butts in the office or been with a teacher.

I'm not sure if PC High School would have had finals that week BUT ... In our school finals week, attendance isn't great. As long as you make it to and do your scheduled tests the kids often show up late, leave early, etc. I wonder if this is playing into not being able to confirm or deny attendance. Maybe he didn't *HAVE* any finals on Thursday and didn't need to be there but the public might turn that into something it's not? Or maybe he only had one and was at the friends the rest of that day? Who knows. That week, my son was in school for all of 4-5 hours total and part of that was goofing off in the library with friends.

The thing that has me very worried is...he had a huge social media presence...it's been deathly silent since he was last seen...if he took off on his own, he would have posted something somewhere....especially if he had a burner phone or was with a friend-he would have borrowed their phone...a kid that uses social media every day is not going to stay offline willingly for two weeks..

The friend’s house? Next door? A block away?
What about other cameras/ring doorbells from that house to his house?
Wonder if the neighborhood is on Nextdoor.

They haven't reported where the friends house is.
Not many in this area have Ring cams. They can't afford them. More likely is hunting cams.

One thing I've considered is that Hickman felt that Harley was "off route" for heading to school in that grainy big foot picture. Was he heading to the friends house before school? Did they ever walk together?

HOW can they not tell us if 1 child was in classes in the afternoon when classmates are saying "he wasn't here". It would help with searching because if he had a hideout that he stashed things in and a friend knew of this place then LE could get the friend to tell.

BUT, the family is being shady with their story. First the Mom saw him, then no she spoke to him "there's a difference" her words, I have read 3 variations as to what happened with HD's cellphone, and this child seems to have no idea as to what he can and can't do on some days.

Another thing, if the mom was out drinking the night before...she had a heart attack and a stroke, almost died months prior to this, I am guessing she is on medication for these conditions (I'm a stroke patient I'm on a pharmacy) AND SHE WENT OUT DRINKING???? How the hell does she even know what happened? My medications have a warning NOT to mix with alcohol because they can make you black out or pass out and impair your memory. There are also the ones that can have adverse effects and then the ones that get stronger with alcohol.
I'm 9 years post stroke, I had mine 3 days after I had my daughter, so I haven't drank in over 10 years now. I don't want to take a chance of hurting myself or my kids b/c of the meds I'm on.[/QUOT
Harleys mother has not been named as a POI, and has been cooperating with investigators. As such, we should not be sleuthing or discussing this as it is against TOS.

The Rules

I agree. Some of the posts have come very close to casting aspersions on the mother and judging her behaviour in a very negative light.

OH you should have heard the TONE she used.

News 5 Cleveland this is from their youtube channel since that's what came up when I clicked the MSM link

time stamp 1:15 is where she talks about speaking to him vs seeing him and the look on her face....

Regarding the mother's public statement in that news clip ("talked to him rather than saw him, AND there is a difference..." - paraphrasing here):

It was curious to me that the mother's clarification was made AFTER law enforcement put out the request for surveillance videos or stills for the expanded time frame (i.e. from 7 pm to midnight on Thursday and from midnight Friday to midnight Saturday). And the mother's tone was very defensive.

There may be reasons for the defensiveness, but all we can do is apply reasonableness tests. If my child were missing, I wouldn't give a flying "you know what" about what other people thought of me; my sole concern would be "where is my child," "has anything horrible happened to him," and "please God, put me in his place and let me suffer instead."

It was also odd that the Port Clinton detective who appeared on Live PD emphasized so much about Harley's extensive bathing habits. I wonder if statements made by some individuals to the police are being selectively released to invite tips from others who know or believe things to be otherwise.

They haven't reported where the friends house is.
Not many in this area have Ring cams. They can't afford them. More likely is hunting cams.

One thing I've considered is that Hickman felt that Harley was "off route" for heading to school in that grainy big foot picture. Was he heading to the friends house before school? Did they ever walk together?

Yes that would make sense that maybe Harley was "off route" that morning. Because if Harley walked to school every day, then wouldn't there be other footage from previous days from the residence next door to compare with the morning of 12/20? To verify 100% by comparison as to whether or not it is actually him in that footage? But maybe Harley didn't normally go the direction he went in the morning of 12/20 so that is why it's the only day he was captured on the surveillance? All of this is assuming that they only have footage from 12/20, I don't know whether they do or not but I would think if they do, there would be no question if the person seen on 12/20 was Harley or not. I hope that makes sense lol. IMO.

Yes that would make sense that maybe Harley was "off route" that morning. Because if Harley walked to school every day, then wouldn't there be other footage from previous days from the residence next door to compare with the morning of 12/20? To verify 100% by comparison as to whether or not it is actually him in that footage? But maybe Harley didn't normally go the direction he went in the morning of 12/20 so that is why it's the only day he was captured on the surveillance? All of this is assuming that they only have footage from 12/20, I don't know whether they do or not but I would think if they do, there would be no question if the person seen on 12/20 was Harley or not. I hope that makes sense lol. IMO.

That makes sense.. I hope they do compare if they have any past surveillance. They did wait for a couple of weeks before asking for additional surveillance.

Am I missing something?

He left the friend’s house at 7pm. (Was asked to leave?)

No mention that he made it home, did he eat dinner with the family, check on his mother, his little brother, Dad ask how exams are going, nothing until mom “spoke” to him between 6-7am the next morning?

Is that it?

Am I missing something?

No mention that he made it home, did he eat dinner with the family, check on his mother, his little brother, Dad ask how exams are going, nothing until mom “spoke” to him between 6-7am the next morning?

Is that it?

yes that's it (not sure if he was asked to leave)

Am I missing something?

Is that it?

yep...

I wonder if he had a key to get in his house?

Another friend’s house? Since it was not unusual for him to go to other people’s for unknown amount of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces