OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought “doing stupid stuff” was part of the job description for being a teenager?

I’ve never in my life run across a teenager that didn’t do INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS STUPID STUFF. It’s normal. It’s a miracle so many survive to be honest.
I totally agree. I think one of my greatest accomplishments was getting my kids through teen hood, alike and well, and relatively unscathed.

I hope you feel better soon!! You have been in there since page 8 of this post....sending you love
Thanks so much. I still feel like crap LOL they were giving me the wrong antibiotic for 2 of the days I was here... realized the mistake and switched me. Getting out tomorrow if I'm lucky. Not good at sitting still! I appreciate the well wishes.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
He trusted enough to broadcast his phone number online. That “doesn’t trust” & needs to “warm up to people” - I’m not buying that either.

Right?,and also if he doesnt trust and warm up to people why ask people to leave their porch lights on for a safe place to go?,I mean if he wont look strangers in the eye or warm up to them etc and they ask you not to approach him because of this why on earth would they think he would go and knock on a random strangers door?,contradictory should be he buzzword for this case!

He trusted enough to broadcast his phone number online. That “doesn’t trust” & needs to “warm up to people” - I’m not buying that either.

I don't think one has anything to do with the other.

I mean, it clearly can depend upon the individual child, and rate of expected developmental maturity vis-a-vis chronological age; but I think it's perfectly possible that Harley could have shared his name, number etc., not wholly believing or understanding the extent of adult cautions against doing so. I feel to some extent half of our HD threads have been illustrating this handily already, with discussions about other underage kids and social media; and I even have a personal level of experience.

For ex., in the 90s (when I was in my 20s, to make things worse), I used to be fairly active on usenet groups.

In general, these were very small groups.

I knew quite well, academically, the cautions about "everything online is potentially forever", and also how to evaluate each person whom you interacted with, with caution.

I understood, "anything you put online can be shared, copied, etc. without your knowledge by anyone, including your identifying details".

I also thought I'd never, ever be embarrassed about anything I put out there on the Internet.

Well, what happened was, I didn't REALLY understand this as well as I thought I did. For example, at some point 10-15 years later, the geniuses in charge of Google decided that they were going to archive and preserve these quaint little community conversations from Usenet, on the Internet in perpetuity.

Was I worried about a single person or persons pulling my information out of a group and emailing it to someone? No, I was not. I didn't think anything I said in and of itself, was that fascinating.

However, I also, at the time, didn't know a thing about disguising one's "display name" in their AOL profile.

Thus, decades later, I found that if you went looking for my real name on the Internet, you would find reams of Google's thoughtfully-archived Usenet content - with my quite distinctive, quite unique real name attached to it.

And believe me, it's embarrassing now, lol. I never in a million years thought that anyone (thanks Sergey and Larry! /sarc) would be preserving my immature undergrad ramblings through time immemorial, for all my friends and relations eventually to find - with my name attached to them.

TL, DR: I think it's possible for Harley to have maintained a rosy perspective upon the distant, far-off "gaming community", which he does not apply to the potentially big bad scary world in person.

I don't think one has anything to do with the other.

I mean, it clearly can depend upon the individual child, and rate of expected developmental maturity vis-a-vis chronological age; but I think it's perfectly possible that Harley could have shared his name, number etc., not wholly believing or understanding the extent of adult cautions against doing so. I feel to some extent half of our HD threads have been illustrating this handily already, with discussions about other underage kids and social media; and I even have a personal level of experience.

For ex., in the 90s (when I was in my 20s, to make things worse), I used to be fairly active on usenet groups.

In general, these were very small groups.

I knew quite well, academically, the cautions about "everything online is potentially forever", and also how to evaluate each person whom you interacted with, with caution.

I understood, "an... Abbreviated by me

It's very difficult to get teenagers to understand that they only "understand" based on the information they know right now. In the future they are going to know more/new information. You can't make decisions with information you don't have and that just concept baffles them. I was exactly the same way.

Finally caught up on this one. My sense is this is not an abduction and more likely a run-away or God-forbid domestic incident gone wrong.

I am leaning toward the later actually. I am frequently wrong and I hope that is the case here.

The evidence that he left the house at that time is actually not very solid and with all the publicity whoever would be helping him run-away would feel considerable pressure to come forward.

I really don't think it's a domestic incident. I've listened quite a few of HD's youtube videos, I think the interactions between HD & his mother are mostly tame, typical teenager stuff. Granted his yt videos won’t capture everything and we don’t get much interaction with his Dad but I don’t know, I’m just not getting this broken home that people are pushing.

I’m genuinely baffled by this. Clearly everything that happened between Thursday evening and Friday morning is absolutely critical, we just don’t have any information apart from his phone (which was pretty much his life to be fair) being broken and him not wanting to attend school.

There was a glaring red flag from day one, which actually wasn't day one. Because on day one, no one reported Harley missing. And day two passed completely, except for the last 30 minutes, without anyone reporting him missing. And some might say, "Well he argued with his parents and its typical for him to go to a friend's house." But that isn't even the claim. The claim is that he went to school. The story we have been given is that Harley and his parents argued on the morning of his disappearance. They argued so strongly that Harley left home and never returned...and no one even bothered to find that odd enough to report it for 2 days. Yet this upsetting argument apparently took place in the dark because mom now says she didn't actually see him, she only spoke with him. In the parents' eyes, the argument was so contentious that they believed he left home for 2 days. This boy, who bathed 3-4 times a day...and would leave a friend's house to come home and bathe and then go all the way back to his friend's house, he didn't come home to take a bath or get fresh clothes and no one stopped to wonder what was actually going on?
This is a story I cannot accept.

Someone said that he had a mentor that was assigned through the school. The mentor that was a school official was the Vice Principal when he was in Middle School and that individual is at a different school now. He works in Springfield by my understanding.

I’m wondering where this has this been reported in MSM—would you please provide a link to your source? I don’t want to see this thread shut down after last night’s review by admins!

Port Clinton Police Department
*** REWARD UPDATE, Wednesday, January 8th, 2020 ***

$18,095.00 for information leading to the safe return of HARLEY DILLY

On Tuesday, January 7th, 2020, we received a check for $250.00 from Certified Restoration.

On Tuesday, January 7th, 2020, we received a check for $250.00 from Squeaky Peak, LLC.

On Tuesday, January 7th, 2020, we received cash in the amount of $40.00 from Linda Shepard.

On Monday, January 6th, 2020, we received a check for $5,925.00 from monies collected from residents of our community, and complete strangers from Ohio and the rest of the Country through Fisherman’s Wharf “” page.

On Monday, January 6th, 2020, we received cash in the amount of $100.00 from William Buskey.

On Saturday, January 4th, 2020, we received cash in the amount of $250.00 from Dwight D. Ramsdell.

On Friday, January 3rd, 2020, we received a check for $500.00 from Firelands Plumbing, LLC.

On Thursday, January 2nd, 2020, we received a check for $2,200.00 from RadAir Complete Car Care.

On Monday, December 30th, 2019 we received a check for $125.00 from Catawba Island Jewelers.

On Saturday, December 28th, 2019 we received a check for $2,000.00 from the owners and employees of Fisherman’s Wharf and BeYoutiful Hair/Nail Salon.

On Thursday, December 26th, 2019 we received a check for $1,000.00 from Susan & James Waingrow.

We have just been contacted by the Sandusky Co-Founder of Bikers Against Abused And Neglected Children (B.A.A.N.C.), who have graciously committed an additional $2,000.00 to the REWARD regarding information leading to the safe return of HARLEY DILLY...

The Port Clinton Police Department along with Ottawa County Prosecutor, James VanEerten is offering a $2,000.00 REWARD for information leading to the safe return of HARLEY DILLY…

HARLEY was last seen on December 20th, 2019 in Port Clinton, Ohio, as Harley was leaving for school between the hours of 6:00am and 7:00am but never arrived. He was last seen wearing glasses, grey sweatpants, a maroon “puffy” jacket, and black tennis shoes. Law enforcement is concerned for his safety.

Race/Ethnicity: White

Height: 4’9”

Weight: 100 lbs

Hair color: Brown

Eye Color: Green

PLEASE contact the Port Clinton Police Department at;

(419) 734-3121.

OR:

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at;

(800) 843-5678.

Chief Hickman

There was a glaring red flag from day one, which actually wasn't day one. Because on day one, no one reported Harley missing. And day two passed completely, except for the last 30 minutes, without anyone reporting him missing. And some might say, "Well he argued with his parents and its typical for him to go to a friend's house." But that isn't even the claim. The claim is that he went to school. The story we have been given is that Harley and his parents argued on the morning of his disappearance. They argued so strongly that Harley left home and never returned...and no one even bothered to find that odd enough to report it for 2 days. Yet this upsetting argument apparently took place in the dark because mom now says she didn't actually see him, she only spoke with him. In the parents' eyes, the argument was so contentious that they believed he left home for 2 days. This boy, who bathed 3-4 times a day...and would leave a friend's house to come home and bathe and then go all the way back to his friend's house, he didn't come home to take a bath or get fresh clothes and no one stopped to wonder what was actually going on?
This is a story I cannot accept.

Very true!,and if he left at 6.08 am when did the "argument" happen?, to my mind it's not much of an a fallout at all,he got up,went to her room,asked to stay home sick,she doesnt even bother to turn a light on or check if he is actually sick,tells him to go anyway,hes annoyed about it,and then off he goes at 6.08!,.......nope,doesnt seem off to me at all:rolleyes:

Thanks. There's just been a lot of information back and forth around here I get mixed up what has actually been confirmed by police and what's just floating around the internet.

I also thought that police did confirm that they're pretty sure it was him seen on the camera Friday morning because it came from a neighbors house.

Has anyone dove into Harley’s last known social media interaction — which accounts for all [various] platforms — not just YT?

I’m not sure if websites such as Discord even provide time stamps, however, so it may as such be a lost cause.

Port Clinton Police Department
Harley Dilly Update, Wednesday, January 8th, 2020

Good Morning Friends,

Unfortunately, we have NO new information that I am able to share with you this morning regarding Harley.

I have been advised that the “volunteer” search that was planned for Saturday, January 11th, 2020 here in Port Clinton has been cancelled due to the forecasted weather and will be rescheduled for a later date.

We appreciate all the tips, emails and phone calls that we have been receiving.

• I would like to advise you that through the entire investigation of the disappearance of Harley Dilly, the family has fully cooperated and we have no reason to believe they are involved.

• If any searches are planned, please don’t trespass on private property, unless you have permission from the owner. If you should come across something suspicious, please contact our agency at (419) 734-3121.

• Our investigators continue to research the records that we have been able to obtain thus far.

• The investigation is being conducted by federal, state and local law enforcement partners.

• Here’s what I need from you. I need the investigation to be allowed to continue uninterrupted.

• Please don’t spread rumors, rather, if you have information about this case, please contact the

Port Clinton Police Department (419) 734-3121

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (800) 843-5678.

• I am asking our residents to continue to help by sharing flyers in person and on social media.

• Please allow the professionals involved in this case to continue to do their job - we are working tirelessly and will continue to do so until Harley is brought home and reunited with his family.

• Briefing on this case has shifted from a daily in-person briefing to information solely provided via the Port Clinton Police Department Facebook page.

• If there is a major case announcement, we will notify the press via our Facebook page with appropriate lead time and share information about where and when the briefing will be held.
• This shift in briefing allows us to continue focusing resources on the case and should not be construed otherwise - we appreciate the community’s outpouring of support and sharing Harley’s picture and the tip line information.

We currently have the following agencies at our office or have been involved with this investigation;

Black Swamp Search & Rescue
Clermont County Sheriff's Office
Delaware County Sheriff’s Office
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Grant County Sheriff’s Office (Kentucky)
Kentucky Search Dog Association
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Ohio Division of Natural Resources
Ohio State Highway Patrol
Ottawa County Drug Task Force
Ottawa County Prosecutors Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office Underwater Rescue and Recovery Team
Port Clinton Fire and Rescue
Shawnee Hills Police Department
Texas EquuSearch
United States Customs and Border Protection
United States Marshals Service

Chief Hickman

Misadventure? I doubt it. I think it is called loss of control and a coverup.

I think he never left the house on Friday, except in that garbage truck. Is that the misadventure you are talking about?

Again, that is MOO

You have to remember as a therapist I have also profiled the family (as they purport themselves on forbidden places). I may not be able to sleuth them here, but it doesn't mean I can't sleuth them on my own.

Again, just my MOO
Do we really know that there was a garbage truck at the house? I read before that this was a rumor. Also, the fire was at a nearby recycling facility and not where the father works. Toledo firefighters control flames at building containing recyclables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leoa69