OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekend Winter Storm Will Bring a Mess of Snow and Ice to the Plains, Great Lakes and Northern New England | The Weather Channel
Winter Storm Isiah
Flood watch in Port Clinton with wind gusts Saturday/Saturday night 25-35mph.
Might be why they are being cautious with a search on Saturday.

I think flooding is the biggest concern. Not snow or ice for this area.
Temps are predicted to be 60/39F on Saturday.
I get being cautious but to cancel also seems odd to me. This is an area where a lot of people hunt in all weather.

Those temps are IDEAL to search before we get actual snow by the end of next week. I also don't understand why the only organized search is planned for Saturday vs 2-3 days ago when Chief said the public could search. Turn outs may have been smaller during the day but it would have been very worth doing because the weather has been very mild all week.

The only things I would add is that Harley was at his friends, sighted leaving on their ring cam Thursday 12-19 at 7:24p

And the surveillance cam / big foot looking photo was at 6:08 am on 12-20

It is so dark at 7:24 PM...
How close does the friend live to HD house?
Being a parent myself, I have a hard time understanding why the friends parent did not drive him home.
Just a thought.

heather, harleys mom, did mention to LE that sometimes if there was a dispute harley would go to a friends house to get away for awhile sometimes overnight. i'm wondering if whenever these situations happened if she would call around to locate harley and ask the parent if it was ok that harley was there or if she just assumed/expected harley was somewhere and would return at some point. thursday night when harley was at a friends house and a parent told him to go home at 7pm was that because one of harleys parents called the friends home and asked them to send harley home or was it just the friends parent saying for harley to go home? on friday night at 7pm it had been about 12 hours since the disagreement about going to school so based on the previous cooling off time spells harley should have been all cooled off. so when he was not there i wonder if harleys parents called around or maybe they just assumed he would come back at some point. i'd guess they just assumed because if they had called around on friday night and no one reported seeing him then that should have raised concerns. i'm wondering if a parent not doing something might affect the eventual outcome.

I also don't understand why the only organized search is planned for Saturday vs 2-3 days ago when Chief said the public could search. Turn outs may have been smaller during the day but it would have been very worth doing because the weather has been very mild all week.
While it would have been better weatherwise, I'm sure most of the potential searchers work during daylight hours during the week. I'm guessing this is why the search is scheduled for Saturday.

I'm a bit confused. So he left his friends house at 7:24pm. Did he go straight home and sleep the night there before leaving the next morning?

We have no confirmation / information on this.
Harley's mom has said that she talked to him on Friday morning before school.
That's all that's been said about the timeline.

We have no confirmation / information on this.
Harley's mom has said that she talked to him on Friday morning before school.
That's all that's been said about the timeline.
Ok thanks.

I noticed the LE asked for the surveillance video from the following times:

• Thursday, December 19 from 3 p.m. to midnight
  • Friday, December 20 from midnight to December 21 at midnight

Sorry if this has already been covered but doesnt this seem really specific?

What if Harley left that friend's house & went on somewhere else instead of going home?

That's what I'm thinking. Huge conjecture but let's say he left his friends house and went to meet up with someone else. Maybe he drinks alcohol there, possibly even drugs. Shows up the next morning at home, hungover with a broken phone. Tries to not go to school, is told to go so heads back to the house he stays the previous night at.

There you go Belly! That makes more sense than anything (dark web bully with loan shark tendencies) combine that with idea from later post by this member snipped by me for focus on survival vs suicide. And maybe why he stayed at the friends house so long the night before....

the more I think about it, the more this makes sense. Initially, I thought he wanted to stay home so that he could meet up with someone during the day, but I had not realized/considered that both his parents may not be out of the home working during school hours. I also wonder if he didn’t leave so early that morning hoping to avoid whoever was going to be waiting for him.

Over the past four years, Harley Dilly had uploaded more than 300 videos to the popular online social media platform YouTube, where he primarily streamed himself playing video games, but also talked about a variety of topics.

upload_2020-1-9_16-2-11.jpeg

“(Dilly) has a big social media presence. He’s on Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, YouTube, an app called Discord,” said Ronald Timmons, detective with the Port Clinton Police Department, who recently discussed the case on A&E’s “Live PD.”

But Dilly’s activity on all of those various online platforms came to an abrupt halt after he disappeared three weeks ago.

Detectives have combed through his various social media profiles online, but Timmons said there has been no activity on any of them since Dilly left home that morning.

Timmons noted that prior to his disappearance, Dilly liked to livestream himself playing “Madden NFL Mobile,” a football-based video game played on smartphones.

Dilly actually had two accounts on YouTube. The newer one, titled “Harley Dilly 2.0” appeared to be focused solely on Madden Mobile. In the four months since he began posting on the new account in late August, Dilly uploaded a total of 49 videos.

On his older YouTube account, self-titled “Harley Dilly,” he had shared videos of himself playing a variety of games, but most predominantly “Roblox,” a popular multiplayer online game.

On that YouTube account, Dilly also shared a lot of videos where he would “vlog” (video blog) about a wide variety of things, such as topics related to YouTube, sports and his own life.
Harley Dilly very active online before disappearance

First time poster. Harley is so heavy on my heart. Does anyone else think it is bizarre that they called off Saturday's search on Tuesday for possible bad weather (5 days away)? I could see if it was supposed to be sub zero temperatures or something but 52 degrees and rain? And who called off the search? I know maybe there was concern about searchers putting themself in danger but it seems that people should be able to decide that for themselves. The lack of any updates or news about what LE is doing is frustrating.... they are probably working behind the scenes nonstop, but still. Praying for Harley's safe return.
Lots of rain forecasted and the area has lots of potential for flooding. I live about 40 minutes away and with Port Clinton being on the water a d if the wind is coming. Northeast it could be enough to flood the downtown. I still plan to attend. This child needs people searching.

That's what I'm thinking. Huge conjecture but let's say he left his friends house and went to meet up with someone else. Maybe he drinks alcohol there, possibly even drugs. Shows up the next morning at home, hungover with a broken phone. Tries to not go to school, is told to go so heads back to the house he stays the previous night at.

There’s nothing at all to support that Harley was doing drugs or drinking. That’s not to say teens don’t hide it but his social circle is reported to be small. Live PD was emphatic that he stays close to home. That isn’t a kid out partying and coming home hungover to me.

Port Clinton Police Department
Volunteer Search Party for Harley Dilly;

There is a “volunteer” Search Party for Harley Dilly planned for Saturday, January 11th, 2020

Time: 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM

PLEASE don’t trespass on private property, unless you have permission from the owner. If you should come across something suspicious, please contact our agency at (419) 734-3121.

Please dress for the weather!

Join the "Search Party for Harley Dilly" page on Facebook for updates.

PLEASE SHARE AND INVITE OTHERS…

Chief Hickman
Is it back on?

The only things I would add is that Harley was at his friends, sighted leaving on their ring cam Thursday 12-19 at 7:24p

And the surveillance cam / big foot looking photo was at 6:08 am on 12-20

I just re-watched the December 26 press conference given by Chief Rob Hickman of the Port Clinton Police Department. It is available by WTOL news on Facebook (I hope I can mention that here when it is a local news station video coverage.)

Chief Hickman explains during that press conference that police obtained video of Harley after he left for school not just on Friday, Dec 20 (the video still that has been publicly released), but also on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday of that week (school was out due to snow on Tuesday). Chief Hickman said that Harley followed the same direction each day, including Friday, that is - he headed south from his home toward an alley. The Chief says that on the other 3 days observed, video near the school shows Harley approaching the school, but that is not the case on Friday. The school is SE of Harley's home. The searches were taking place in wooded areas SW of Harley's home. When a person asked why they were searching SW when the direction Harley would have been expected to take would be SE, the Chief said there are no wooded areas SE.

No one asked whether Harley typically left as early as he has been reported to have left on Friday (6:08 am according to the Port Clinton Police Detective on the Live PD broadcast).

So, presumably the reason Port Clinton Police believe the Friday image to be Harley is because they have like images from the earlier 3 days school was in session that week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeptemberDaffodil