OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a single mom to my young adult son from the age of 5 to 15. When he was 14 and entered high school things became real fun.... he was always a good kid. I was pretty active in his life. He would be home before me as I worked but his auntie lived up the road and his grandparents. I wasn’t perfect. Far from it but I had a pretty good idea on what I was doing.
One night when my son was 14 in spring I went to bed after him on a Friday. I woke up the next day and he was still sleeping which was unusual. Anyhow I went and made my coffee and saw the computer was on so went to power off. Noticed all his messenger chats pinging. (This was almost 10 years ago) I opened one and low and behold I found out my son and his buddies and some girls all snuck out Friday night after parents went to bed and went to the lake and got drunk and high.
I had NO idea that he left and came back. None. If I didn’t read that message.... needless to say I called all the parents and there was no more late night escapees. Totally off topic I know. But I was a hands on mom and who knows what could have happened. I would have been the mom everyone was side eyeing that I put my son to sleep and he disappeared after... and we all know how those end up.
I still feel uneasy about Harley. Can’t put my finger on it. Something isn’t right. Jmo

I'm still new and nervous to post but here goes it;
In my research into HD I have found a disturbing pattern in OHIO. It very well may happening in all of our states, but so far I've only been researching OHIO. (This is just a bit of what I have so far; I plan on posting more of my research over the weekend) To give you an idea; the day HD went missing (DEC 20th) so did 4 other teen boys. All the same race, all around the same age except one (Daylin Kitchen (11) who I believe is related to Daniel Kitchen...I'm still researching). The map is to show where these boys went missing in relation to one another on that day. There are 9 other days in December that 3 or MORE teen boys went missing. Some more information; Toledo is the 3rd LARGEST hub for human trafficking and is only an hour from the Canadian border by land. I have absolutely NO IDEA if these disappearances are related to HD or vice versa. This is just me putting out there what I see and what I've found hoping we bring these kids home and get them safe. It's all in MOO.

Ethan Banks (14 years old/white) - missing from Lebanon OHIO
Daniel Kitchen (15 years old/white) - missing from Grove City OHIO
Daylin Kitchen (11 years old/white) - missing from Columbus OHIO
Harely Dilly (14 years old/white) - missing from Port Clinton OHIO
Cameron Carey (15 years old/white) - missing from Toledo OHIO
upload_2020-1-10_9-3-40.png

In my research into HD I have found a disturbing pattern in OHIO. It very well may happening in all of our states, but so far I've only been researching OHIO. (This is just a bit of what I have so far; I plan on posting more of my research over the weekend) To give you an idea; the day HD went missing (DEC 20th) so did 4 other teen boys. All the same race, all around the same age except one (Daylin Kitchen (11) who I believe is related to Daniel Kitchen...I'm still researching). The map is to show where these boys went missing in relation to one another on that day. There are 9 other days in December that 3 or MORE teen boys went missing. Some more information; Toledo is the 3rd LARGEST hub for human trafficking and is only an hour from the Canadian border by land. I have absolutely NO IDEA if these disappearances are related to HD or vice versa. This is just me putting out there what I see and what I've found hoping we bring these kids home and get them safe. It's all in MOO.

View attachment 225007
This is really interesting! Well done you!

The Mom had a stroke and heart attack abt 10 months ago (I believe it was that long) and that info I got from one of HD's video's. The one I am linking in here.

What a handsome young man!! I have kind of stayed away from Harley's case .. because I cant handle the heart ache and the realization that kids dont leave home if there isnt some sort of negligence and abuse. Just my opinion. God please help this young man be found!!

Why thank you very much. Wait until you see the rest of December...and sadly November.
That is a disturbing trend. The only thing I come back to though, is what are the odds of a prowler being out at 6 am at that exact spot? I would think really low, but maybe I am wrong. What are the times of day for the other disappearances?

Not directed at any particular posts. Just wanted to say that before posting anything here, I try to run it through a filter thinking what if the missing person or family members involved were to read my what I’ve written here before I hit post.

This area of the forum is specifically designed for discussion. We knew some of the discussion would be difficult for the family to read so a separate area is set up specifically for Missing Persons information and support. It is up to the reader to use discretion regarding which area of WS they choose to read.

Here is the link to the are area of WS solely set up for information and family support:

Missing Persons Information and Support

To say you always know where your child is means you are lucky, lucky your child isn't of the mind to just take off. Not that you're a superior parent. By the teen years, you can't create zero opportunity for this, if it's what they really want. In this case, yes, it should have been followed up on and his disappearance reported sooner, but I think they really thought he'd be home soon and didn't want to push him away further. MOO at this time.
I always tried to know where mine was, sometimes I had to hunt him dien
It was one of the pressers on the 26th, he says “about a week ago” which would extrapolate to roughly the 19th.

It was the 17th or right before

View attachment 225007
Absolutely terrifying

That is a disturbing trend. The only thing I come back to though, is what are the odds of a prowler being out at 6 am at that exact spot? I would think really low, but maybe I am wrong. What are the times of day for the other disappearances?

That is a fantastic question and here's my only scary answer; there isn't a timeline for ANY OF THEM. There is not even photos of these other children; Daniel - Daylin - Ethan - Cameron. And this is NOT UNCOMMON I'm finding. Most of these missing children (in Dec alone in OHIO I've found over 60 missing TEEN BOYS, I'm not including any girls in this specific research) have NO timelines, NO pictures and sometimes their profiles even say UNKNOWN RACE. It's actually pretty unbelievable when you look at it all.

View attachment 225007
That’s awful and sad at the same time. I’d be gutted if that was my child.

View attachment 225007
Oh well that is disturbing and its....a line.......this just freaked me out......but way to go on doing such in depth searching

I can't believe it's been 3 weeks.

Can we get back to the US Marshals investigating this case? Anyone know why it's the US Marshals as opposed to the FBI? I'm not recalling any missing children's cases where the the US Marshals were involved, except for DuPage Johnny Doe. IIRC, the US Marshals are involved because the child's parent/s are fugitives in Mexico.

I just found the answer to my question. No link because I don't know how to link a pdf file. The following is a copy and paste which can be found my searching US Marshals Missing Person.

Office of Public Affairs
April 3, 2019
www.usmarshals.gov
Fact Sheet
Missing Child Program

 The U.S. Marshals Service supports the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s mission to protect children from victimization by providing assistance to federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.

Since the U.S. Marshals partnership with NCMEC began in 2005, the Marshals have helped recover more than 1,231 missing children.

Requests received from law enforcement for assistance in missing child cases 353 Missing children recovered with assistance from U.S. Marshals 242

 The Justice for Victims of Trafficking Act of 2015 enhanced the U.S. Marshals’ authority to assist federal, state and local law enforcement with the recovery of missing, endangered or abducted children, regardless of whether a fugitive or sex offender was involved. The Marshals established a Missing Child Unit to oversee and manage the implementation of its enhanced authority under the act.

 Upon request, the Marshals assist other law enforcement agencies with the recovery of “critically missing children,” who have gone missing under circumstances that indicate an elevated risk to the child.
Fiscal 2018 Data

Last edited:

View attachment 225007

ALL of these children aside Harley have been located and returned to their homes (or other living situations). Aside the Kitchen boys which is custody / parental situation.
NONE of them relate to Harley's disappearance.

Harley's disappearance has heightened awareness in Ohio and so many are realizing what we at WS already know. Kids go missing at alarming rates. (approx 2,000 per day in the US) This isn't new nor does it necessarily correlate to human trafficking.

The claim that Toledo is the 3rd largest trafficking hub is false. They're listed here as 14th by populous. The city is not a known trafficking hub. Those are all much larger cities.
(https://humantraffickinghotline.org/sites/default/files/100 Most Populous Cities Report.pdf)
EDITED TO ADD: I found where the "3rd largest" came from and it's an article that Toledo is the 3rd largest city within in the state of Ohio for trafficking which is true. But Ohio, as a whole is INCREDIBLY low in human trafficking numbers. It doesn't even make the top 42 states.

I'm not posting this to "argue" but more to look at reality. I could get into a bunch of statistics but abduction and /or luring male teens is incredibly slim in human trafficking. Just over 2,000 minor children in the US are sex trafficking victims.

Around 93% of those are female and very few of those are abducted or lured into trafficking. Most are already run away teens that are estranged from their families and find themselves seeking ways to support themselves and then end up victimized by traffickers.

I'm not saying it couldn't be the case with Harley.
I'm saying it's extremely extremely unlikely.

Last edited:
Off topic but since it was brought up..

The research subcommittee of the Ohio Trafficking in Persons Study Commission noted that metropolitan Toledo ranks fourth in the nation behind Miami, Portland, Ore., and Las Vegas when it comes to raw numbers of arrests, investigations, and rescues of children involved in sex trafficking.

This comes from the Toledo Blade but it's almost ten years old

Toledo rated fourth for youth-sex trade in U.S.; city tops per capita for arrests, rescues of children

Lots of other stats put Toledo high up on national crime rankings, simply because it's near Canada, other states, has good access to traffic and trains

Pretty sure this is not a total stranger's random work. It's someone who knew him and/or knew his routine--someone he trusted. Maybe someone who had groomed him. Otherwise, if HD truly had any bit of "unruly teen" in him, I don't think he would have gone quietly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381