OH OH - Jane Gault, 17, Barberton, 14 March 1982

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
upallnite said:
It said the hair was easily pulled away from the scalp, so it was really deteriorated and basically they couldn't tell.

That was the part of my post that I left out. I had been severely beaten almost all around the head area except for a really good kidney punch. My hair was coming out in clumps. I don't know the medical opinion on this. Was it because your head was plummeted and this caused follicular problems or if in the commission of the trauma your hair was being pulled out by the perp. At this point one doesn't really know as it becomes a total blur. You see stars and/or bright lights.Great oranges and reds and then you lose insight of what is happening.

mysteriew said:
But then how does the pinkish liquid from her oral and nasal cavities come into it?
Well, here is one possible explanation:

DROWNING results from the inhalation of water which causes choking which in turn causes the rapid formation of mucus in the throat and windpipe. The spread of this thick, foamy mucus is actually what ceases respiration, and victims (even in some drug overdose cases) will be identifiable by the presence of a "foam cone" covering the mouth and nostrils.

We know that Jane had petechial hemorrhaging

SMOTHERING occurs when airways are closed by an obstructing object, such as a pillow or blanket. If a soft object has been used, the body will show no visible signs of trauma, but often there are small, discernible contusions or lacerations on the inner lips. Cyanosis may or may not be present, but there is usually what is called petechial hemorrhage -- small, pin-point blotches or dark red spots on the face, typically around the area of the eyes.

We also know that she had uncal herniation

A brain herniation occurs when pressure inside the skull (intracranial pressure) increases and displaces brain tissues. This is commonly the result of brain swelling from a head injury

Occasional small conjunctival haemorrhages may be seen but the multiple petechial haemorrhages found in other asphyxial deaths are not seen in drowning (except in rare instances of rapid death associated with glottic spasm

I am still trying to sort out all of the info. Symptoms common to drowning and other types of asphyxiation are so close. Especially when you fiqure in the water temp. if it was very cold.:confused:

upallnite said:
Autopsy reports finding cause of death undetermined. Notes there was no water in lungs. Lungs were expanded. Slight petichial hemmhoraging in sinus. Possible evidence of brain herniation of some sort, ( I'll explain later) and pinkish fluid draining from her (?).

Okay the petichial hemmohoraging was in the sinus.

mysteriew said:
Okay the petichial hemmohoraging was in the sinus.
And for some reason they specifically noted there was no petichial hemhorrage or ecchymoses on the lips or oral cavity. Her tongue is protuberant through the lips.

Could she have had a cold, thus the petichial hemhorrage in the sinus and the acute lung congestion?

Is there anything mentioned about Right ventricular dilatation ?

Shadow205 said:
Is there anything mentioned about Right ventricular dilatation ?

That would be listed under the findings about the heart, right?

Hemorraghing of the conjunctivae (tissue of the eye) is a prime indicator of strangulation, especially prolonged strangulation (torture). Unfortunately, the eyes were probably impossible to check...

shadowangel said:
Hemorraghing of the conjunctivae (tissue of the eye) is a prime indicator of strangulation, especially prolonged strangulation (torture). Unfortunately, the eyes were probably impossible to check...

Why would you think that? It seems to me to be a logical assumption.

shadowangel said:
It makes no mention of eyes at all in this report.

I may have stated this wrong, it says there are petichial hemmhorrages in the mastoid air sinuses.

The heart weighs 310 grams. The coronary arteries have a normal anotomic distribution and multiple cross sections show no significant narrowing of lumens and no evidence of thrombosis. The epicardium is smooth and glistening. There is a normal amount of subepicardial fat and it's distribution is normal. The myocardium is soft in consistency and has a deep reddish color, both secondary to post-mortem decomposition. The great vessels enter and leave the heart in a normal manner. The septae are intact and there are no congenital abnormalities. The left and right ventricles measure p mm. and 3 mm. in thickness. The heart valves are thin, pliable and delicate and are free from deformity.

concernedperson said:
Why would you think that? It seems to me to be a logical assumption.
The eye tissue detoriates at a more rapid rate than other body tissue, especially when submerged. That's probably why there is no mention of them in the report.

shadowangel said:
The eye tissue detoriates at a more rapid rate than other body tissue, especially when submerged. That's probably why there is no mention of them in the report.
People that were there told me no eyes.

shadowangel said:

That in itself is scary.

upallnite said:
The heart weighs 310 grams. The coronary arteries have a normal anotomic distribution and multiple cross sections show no significant narrowing of lumens and no evidence of thrombosis. The epicardium is smooth and glistening. There is a normal amount of subepicardial fat and it's distribution is normal. The myocardium is soft in consistency and has a deep reddish color, both secondary to post-mortem decomposition. The great vessels enter and leave the heart in a normal manner. The septae are intact and there are no congenital abnormalities. The left and right ventricles measure p mm. and 3 mm. in thickness. The heart valves are thin, pliable and delicate and are free from deformity.
Okay, I think the cold-water death theory just lost some steam...The heart seems fine, and during cardiac arrest there is noticable damage to the heart tissue as part of the heart "dies" from lack of blood flow.

Did you get the toxicology report? Anything significant there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back