OH OH - Jane Gault, 17, Barberton, 14 March 1982

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You should certainly be careful, but try not to be overly paranoid. (Yeah, easy for me to say, huh!) ;)
We knew going in you were going to run into some of this. My only suspicious thought in this was that she was around back in '82, and they (the funeral home) was "asked" to keep quiet about certain aspect's of Jane's recovery and internment (still wondering about the town paying for all the arrangements---seems as though someone wanted her in the ground before any questions got asked...)

The impression I get is that Barberton is not that large. I live in a small town, and know that when you are talking to someone about something- you have to assume that person may have contacts with someone from the other side.
There are limited social groups, lots of family relationships, school relationships etc. So people can be connected in ways that you aren't aware of.

shadowangel said:
How happy would YOU be working in a funeral home? :rolleyes: Besides, maybe she's just misunderstood and needs a friend. You turn oon the charm, she'll be giving you the grand tour (ick!)
BTW, when we get to the bottom of this, are you guys gonna help me find out who Sharon Marshall is? :angel:

OT but I have ordered the book.

upallnite said:
That bat wouldn't give me anything. LOL!!!
okay so vote is: for=2
against=1 (me)
Add another "for" from me. I'm rooting for you.

What about going in person a taking someone with you for support? You'd then see her facial expressions and body language, and that would tell you whether your request alarms her or means she's upset at being asked to do extra work. It would be harder for her to turn down your request in person than on the phone too.

Have a reply already prepared for when she asks why you want the obituary and the other information, e.g "I was only 11 at the time and don't remember much about her. My parents are deceased so I can't ask them questions about her." (I'd say ..."remember much about her..." and "ask them questions about her..." rather than saying "her DEATH." That might make the woman suspicious and defensive.

HTH,

Hoppy

hoppyfrog said:
Add another "for" from me. I'm rooting for you.

What about going in person a taking someone with you for support? You'd then see her facial expressions and body language, and that would tell you whether your request alarms her or means she's upset at being asked to do extra work. It would be harder for her to turn down your request in person than on the phone too.

Have a reply already prepared for when she asks why you want the obituary and the other information, e.g "I was only 11 at the time and don't remember much about her. My parents are deceased so I can't ask them questions about her." (I'd say ..."remember much about her..." and "ask them questions about her..." rather than saying "her DEATH." That might make the woman suspicious and defensive.

HTH,

Hoppy
You're right. That day I called there was areally rotton day for me. I found nothing at the library and I was all miffed and couldn't figure out who the funeral went through at first. By the time I got home , I was tired of driving so I just called. I should have went down there in the first place.

Heading out the door for vacation, but had a thought last night that I had to post...Upallnite, check the autopsy report (especially any blood analysis) for any mention of elevated levels or the presence of phosphorus, hypophosphoms, or phosphorous (or phosphoric) acids....
If there is any mention, please post, I'll let you know my thoughts when I get back.
I'm off to the beach for the week, see everyone next Sunday...:rolleyes:

upallnite said:
This is all I am going to post on here about the autopsy report, it is too graphic and I don't think I should post this stuff on here. When I talked to the second brother R.B today, he said that the water was only a foot deep where she was. I don't know if this is important or not. He said he stepped in the water to help T.B to get her to shore. He wasn't sure if she was a man or a woman until he took a hold of her shirt to help pull her to shore and he seen a bra strap. He said the water is very shallow there. Also my uncle stated to police that he last seen her at rollerrink he owned at the time on Jan. 16th, so.... He is deceased. Also another uncle of mine worked at Waterworks in Barberton and was talking about the issue of Jane and a co-worker said he had found a jacket in the canal, had it cleaned and had taken it home. He turned it over to police. It says in the report that J.T identified it as the jacket he had given Jane, I don't know who that is.

The copy of the police report that you emailed me was only 1 page. I didn't see this mentioned in it. Did I not get the entire report?

Shadow205 said:
[/u][/i][/b]

Kristy,

The copy of the police report that you emailed me was only 1 page. I didn't see this mentioned in it. Did I not get the entire report?
Yes,you did. There was this other report that was with the autopsy report, I just haven't had a chance to scan it yet. I have no idea why it was with the a. report, but I'm glad it was because it contained a wealth of information, names, times...etc.

Yes, there is a few things I've been up to. I wanted to tell everyone they found another girl in this canal. A dancer from Akron, about 2 miles upstream from where they found Jane. She was weighted down with chains. I just found out about it yesterday. They found her in late August. Anyways I've been getting more information together which I don't want to mention yet as not to jeopardize or sabatoge myself, but I will in the next couple of days. I've been quite busy. Also getting a few doors slammed in my face, which is probably going to prompt me to seek legal counsel.

If you guys want a small window into what I'm dealing with here just go to www.Ohio.com and click on archives in the little circle at the top of page for search and search " summit county coroner William Cox". This is who did my sisters autopsy, he is mired in so much stuff that I never heard about, my eyes are popping out.

hi. I am new here, but have been lurking around for months :)

This case has really caught my attention b/c my parents and gparents are from the area, Barberton and Akron/Canton. My thoughts and prayers are with you upallnite. I am sure you will hit several brick walls but don't give up, the fight will definitely be worth the end result.

rachrach99 said:
hi. I am new here, but have been lurking around for months :)

This case has really caught my attention b/c my parents and gparents are from the area, Barberton and Akron/Canton. My thoughts and prayers are with you upallnite. I am sure you will hit several brick walls but don't give up, the fight will definitely be worth the end result.
Thanx Rachrach, I'm not going to give up. Jane was a very sweet sister.

upallnite said:
If you guys want a small window into what I'm dealing with here just go to www.Ohio.com and click on archives in the little circle at the top of page for search and search " summit county coroner William Cox". This is who did my sisters autopsy, he is mired in so much stuff that I never heard about, my eyes are popping out.
Holy crap! Seems the coroner has some problems. I just read through some of the articles. The one that really caught my attention was where the father had hired him to look into his sons death which had been ruled a suicide and he thought it was murder. He has dropped his pursuit because he is afraid Cox's lack of credibility will be an issue. Hmmm and he is the one who ruled on Jane's cause of death?:doh:

upallnite said:

upallnite, check those articles you found and find out the reporters names. Then check to see who has written the most of those articles. Put that name/names in your notebook for future reference.

mysteriew said:
upallnite, check those articles you found and find out the reporters names. Then check to see who has written the most of those articles. Put that name/names in your notebook for future reference.
Thanx mysteriew. I will do that. He seemed like a shady guy for a coroner.

upallnite said:
Thanx mysteriew. I will do that. He seemed like a shady guy for a coroner.

Yes, but the reporter is familiar with the coroner's history, if he has posted multiple articles about him, then the reporter is looking into his history and may have information that could be helpful to you or be willing to write about Jane if media involvement is necessary.

I have come up with some information that may or may not be related to what happened to Jane. It has all been sent to Upallnite. In researching names that she gave me I turned up some very disturbing things. I have not been able to establish for sure if the people that I found the information on are directly related to the names she gave me or not but it looks like a very good possiblity. Upallnite gave me a name of a woman that Jane was living with at the time of her death. While checking for information on her, I came up with 2 males with the same last name(not a common name) who lived within a block or two of her address. Both of these men are now in prison for RAPE, GSI, MINOR IN NUDITY MATERIAL, DISSEMINATING TO JUVENILES & ENDANGER CHILD, RAPE. Another man, identified a coat found near where Jane's body was found as one that he had given her. I found someone by that name who is also incarcerated for RAPE. The man that I fould this info on lived about 2 blocks from where Jane's body was found. I tend to think it is the same man. I think that I might have also connected Jane to someone who was involved with DRUG TRAFFICKING, POSS. OF DRUGS, ILLEGAL MANFACTURING OF DRUGS. Like I said, I have not been able to positivily establish that these people are directly related to the names that upallnite gave me yet but it sure looks like there is a connection. Time and a lot more digging will tell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissHalle
Back