OH OH - Jane Gault, 17, Barberton, 14 March 1982

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He thought he was talking to someone with little or no prior knowledge. It will be interesting to see what is, and what is not, in the report. I wonder if there is a complete file on your sister's case? The report would only be a part of the file. There should be photos, statements from the person who discovered her (who was that, by the way? Let me guess, a police officer on patrol...), logs from the ambulance crew...The chief's statement about your sister was less than flattering, and a bit disturbing (he knew what she usually wore????)

UpallNite prayers and wishes that gets you some answers. I know nothing will make it better.
Seems like you have a lot of good people working here with you - great people!
Michelle

shadowangel said:
He thought he was talking to someone with little or no prior knowledge. It will be interesting to see what is, and what is not, in the report. I wonder if there is a complete file on your sister's case? The report would only be a part of the file. There should be photos, statements from the person who discovered her (who was that, by the way? Let me guess, a police officer on patrol...), logs from the ambulance crew...The chief's statement about your sister was less than flattering, and a bit disturbing (he knew what she usually wore????)
Little boys discovered her. They were breaking the ice in the water with rocks. The chief may have been referring to the fact that she was a runaway and she didn't have any clothes with her. Maybe she was wearing this man's clothes alot?

Well, lets get all of the info together on her first. Then we can work on getting the investigation reopened. Maybe with some oversight.
I have been thinking about a case that I read about- similiar problems with the investigation. They got it reopened. As soon as I remember the name- I will pull it up and review it. May be something in that we can use.

upallnite said:
Little boys discovered her. They were breaking the ice in the water with rocks. The chief may have been referring to the fact that she was a runaway and she didn't have any clothes with her. Maybe she was wearing this man's clothes alot?

Those little boys would be adults or almost adults now. Any chance of tracking them down?

UpallNite your PM box is full - you need to clear somethings out to get more PM's. Start with mine - they are not important!
Thx for the info on Greta!

mic730 said:
UpallNite your PM box is full - you need to clear somethings out to get more PM's. Start with mine - they are not important!
Thx for the info on Greta!
Thank you!!!

This is just for reference:
upallnite, the similiar case I spoke of is here: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27392
the case is about a murder in Illinois in 1948, where the family suspected an LE was involved. They also suspected an incomplete investigation. The articles are now in the newpaper archive (pay archive) but if I remember correctly one of the articles outlined the things they had to go through to get the case reopened. They exhumed the body this year and are working on it now.

upallnite said:
Thank you!!!
Upallnite I got your PM that you don't know how to empty your PM box but I can't PM you back because you box is full!
I am at a loss on how to explain how to do it. I sent a PM to someone that can probably help. Stay posted here and see if someone can explain it to you.
I know you will get the help you need with it!

About your pm box:
If you want to keep the pm's- look toward the bottom of the index page which lists your pms. You will see something that says to download your messages and it gives you three choices. I usually use text. click on that and then box that pops up- click save. In the next box indicate where you want the item placed on your computer or note where it is placing it. click save.
you will then see the download box and it will down load to your computer.
You can call it up at any time.
Then go back to the pm index. to the right of your pm messages is a little box. put a check mark next to each message and at the bottom in the action box- change it to delete. click go.
be sure to do the same with your sent messages also. both recieved and sent messages count against the total messages you are allowed to have.

mysteriew said:
upallnite, the similiar case I spoke of is here: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27392
the case is about a murder in Illinois in 1948, where the family suspected an LE was involved. They also suspected an incomplete investigation. The articles are now in the newpaper archive (pay archive) but if I remember correctly one of the articles outlined the things they had to go through to get the case reopened. They exhumed the body this year and are working on it now.

Also... that is very similar to a case I started a thread about several weeks ago... about Harold "Buddy" Vest - they suspect LE was involved in his death - yet it was ruled a suicide - but they have since exhumed his body and have reclassified it as a homicide. Maybe we can take some pointers from this case too in how they got it reopened. It happened in TX.

Link to my thread: (I don't think anyone was interested in it when I posted because it got zero replies, but hopefully some information can be taken from it in getting upallnite's sister's case reopened) :)
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29207

I think we can learn a lot from the other cases. Esp. about how they went about getting them reopened. Wonder if there is anyway we could locate these families, let them know why we are asking questions and find out more details?

mysteriew said:
I think we can learn a lot from the other cases. Esp. about how they went about getting them reopened. Wonder if there is anyway we could locate these families, let them know why we are asking questions and find out more details?

In the Buddy Vest case, here is the contact name & number: :)

Email: trish.bellows@true.com

Office telephone: 972-402-4806
Cell phone: 214-505-8069

SimonSays said:
In the Buddy Vest case, here is the contact name & number: :)

Email: trish.bellows@true.com

Office telephone: 972-402-4806
Cell phone: 214-505-8069

Is that a family member, reporter, or law enforcement contact?

mysteriew said:
Is that a family member, reporter, or law enforcement contact?

It's the investigative contact set up by the son of Buddy Vest. I'm guessing she is his administrative assistant or something... he owns the dating website True.com , and her email address is through there. Hopefully they wouldn't mind sharing some information on how to get things open again.

mysteriew said:
Wow, what a strange story. Especially the part about her head. Makes me think it was someone that was mad at her.I can't believe technology is so advanced that they can do a sex kit and extract DNA 50 years later. Whew!!!!

mysteriew said:
About your pm box:
If you want to keep the pm's- look toward the bottom of the index page which lists your pms. You will see something that says to download your messages and it gives you three choices. I usually use text. click on that and then box that pops up- click save. In the next box indicate where you want the item placed on your computer or note where it is placing it. click save.
you will then see the download box and it will down load to your computer.
You can call it up at any time.
Then go back to the pm index. to the right of your pm messages is a little box. put a check mark next to each message and at the bottom in the action box- change it to delete. click go.
be sure to do the same with your sent messages also. both recieved and sent messages count against the total messages you are allowed to have.
Thanx greatly for your help on this, I think I was having an idiot moment. LOL!!!!!

upallnite, I hope your pm box is clear now, LOL. I sent you a pm

SimonSays said:
Also... that is very similar to a case I started a thread about several weeks ago... about Harold "Buddy" Vest - they suspect LE was involved in his death - yet it was ruled a suicide - but they have since exhumed his body and have reclassified it as a homicide. Maybe we can take some pointers from this case too in how they got it reopened. It happened in TX.

Link to my thread: (I don't think anyone was interested in it when I posted because it got zero replies, but hopefully some information can be taken from it in getting upallnite's sister's case reopened) :)
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29207
Simonsays, I've seen this case before, I think it was on unsolved mysteries. It is very interesting isn't it. I wish or I hope my sisters case does not include police corruption, but as I'm seeing it right now, I just don't know and that is sort of scary!!! I am afraid to look deeper, but I have to, you know what I mean?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back