DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "I'm driving" text...

Since Joeys car was found supposedly right where HE left it, it seems either
1) Joey just didn't want to engage in conversation;
2) Joey wanted to give the impression he had left the cafe;
2) Joey was the driver of someone elses vehicle;
3) Someone else sent the text from Joey's phone...

Or???? What else might fit? What other possibilities are there?

Sounds like there was a plan to go somewhere and he was telling the other person basically that he wanted to be the driver.Possibly designated driver or just that he wanted to be the one that drives to wherever they had planned to go.

I keep sharing his post through social media but it annoys me that it seems there is no new news and it doesn't sound or appear anything new has been going on such as searches and what not.:gaah:

I keep sharing his post through social media but it annoys me that it seems there is no new news and it doesn't sound or appear anything new has been going on such as searches and what not.:gaah:

You would think they would be at least organizing a search.Hes been missing nearly 3 weeks with no contact to friends or family.I guess at his age its common for young adults to suddenly take off with no communication.I think I might have done it too around his age.But my parents weren't the type to worry if I didn't keep in touch so maybe Joey thought nobody would be worrying either.

Sounds like there was a plan to go somewhere and he was telling the other person basically that he wanted to be the driver.Possibly designated driver or just that he wanted to be the one that drives to wherever they had planned to go.

Ah ha! I hadn't even considered that! Like calling 'shot gun' for the front seat! 'I'm driving'...as in NOT YOU!

Persception is always interesting --- thank you for THAT!

I still have been on both my FB and Instagram accounts. Trying to keep his name In social media as much as possible:(

It's almost 3 weeks now and will be on Friday-Saturday of this week:(

If you are in the Columbus area and want to help do a search, I suggest looking in and around Goddard Park Pond and the Scioto and Olentangy rivers. Look for any clothing, keys, wallet, etc. Take photos but do not touch to not disturb potential evidence. Call the police if you find a body or possible evidence. Report back here please.
33bb49b274073f528f9f093c4375ba48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attachment.php
This reminds me so much of Klye Fleischmann who went missing in Charlotte, NC in 2007 after disappearing from a Bar uptown. Still hasn't been found to this day. These guys could pass for brothers.

Attachments

• fleischmann_kyle3.jpg
    fleischmann_kyle3.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 261
If you are in the Columbus area and want to help do a search, I suggest looking in and around Goddard Park Pond and the Scioto and Olentangy rivers. Look for any clothing, keys, wallet, etc. Take photos but do not touch to not disturb potential evidence. Call the police if you find a body or possible evidence. Report back here please.
33bb49b274073f528f9f093c4375ba48.jpg

I did participate in the search a few weeks ago around this area and nothing was found as far as I know of but would definitely be interested in searching again.

Please do go again. A body will be floating 2 weeks later for sure. That's if he was drowned there.

My question is what about the $17,000 that was donated to his page? I donated, and was under the impression it was for a P.I which has yet to be hired? Why rush asking for donations if you didn't do what you claimed the funds were for... Waiting 3 weeks later seem very irresponsible and frankly a lot of us wouldn't have donated if we knew the money would just allegedly be sitting in an account. This really pisses me off! We donated because we wanted to help find Joey, that's what was presented to us at the time of donation, otherwise it should have said... "We plan on hiring a P.I. when we feel CPD have exhausted all resources" ... I feel it's someone's responsible to communicate with the donors regarding the funds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My question is what about the $17,000 that was donated to his page? I donated, and was under the impression it was for a P.I which has yet to be hired? Why rush asking for donations if you didn't do what you claimed the funds were for... Waiting 3 weeks later seem very irresponsible and frankly a lot of us wouldn't have donated if we knew the money would just allegedly be sitting in an account. This really pisses me off! We donated because we wanted to help find Joey, that's what was presented to us at the time of donation, otherwise it should have said... "We plan on hiring a P.I. when we feel CPD have exhausted all resources" ... I feel it's someone's responsible to communicate with the donors regarding the funds.

I too participated in the donation and have been wondering the same thing like some things just don't add up with this situation. Honestly I didn't have the funds to really donate at the time but was putting myself in someone else's shoes and that if this was my family going through this I'd hope people would be as kind and caring to me or anyone else for that matter in this same situation.:facepalm:

I have to agree with you here. Even if they want to delay in hiring a P.I. I think those funds could be used in other ways to find Joey (billboards, more missing persons posters, etc.). But I initially thought it to be strange when he had only been missing a short time and there was already a . Also I would really like to see a specific Facebook or other page set up just to give details/updates on the case. I live just a few miles north of Union and driving down high street haven't seen any flyers about Joey- it would make sense to me to get his face out there as much as possible- especially when the short north is a frequented area for people from all over the city.

There are so many loose ends in this case, and I really think that more information would be so helpful- a lot of what I've been reading/hearing doesn't add up. His cousin
said he thought he was just going to get another drink, his dad said he got distracted walking back to his car (why would you assume he was walking back to his car if he never said goodbye to the people he was with), his aunt said he was driving (so why wouldn't you check if his car was where he parked first thing instead of a couple days later), then the jumbled text which didn't look like the person even bothered responding....these could all be simple irrelevant things that could be explained with just a little more context/information.

I hate to agree with the other comments but I really think we should start checking the bodies of water- the current has been moving pretty fast and could have easily carried any evidence a ways away by now- so a big search party would be nice...how can we go about getting one together?

Why haven't we heard... Seen.... Anything from his family? I would be the biggest annoyance to every person that would listen if one of my family members were missing...I feel like his friends are more vocal and determined then some of Joey's family members.... Now granted its only my opinion from what I've witnessed and don't know what the family is going through behind the scenes... But if someone doesn't start communicating, those of us that are invested in this search are going to start speculating and questioning about the families silence.

I've been lurking her for the past few weeks, but I have to agree the thing bugs me as well. I did donate to it, because it explicitly stated at the time that it would be used to hire a P.I. Now it's three weeks later and...crickets...

Why not use that money to offer a reward? Yes the responses would need to be sifted through, but don't the cops do that anyway with the tips that come in? Why not offer some financial incentive to someone who might not be willing to come forward otherwise? Billboards are a great idea too, as Tiggerford suggested.

My personal feeling...and I could be completely off-base...is that the cops and the family know something that they are keeping to themselves for now. Perhaps they know or suspect who could have Joey, they just want to keep it on the down-low for now in the hopes this person is lulled into a false sense of complacency by the seeming lack of interest. Because that's the only reason I *can* think of by what seems like a lack of interest and attention. I just don't get it otherwise. I'm just as frustrated as the rest of the people on this board.

When my cousin was missing my family was everywhere all the time in people's faces. In the media. At the police station. Searching the road. Putting up fliers, etc.

Why haven't we heard... Seen.... Anything from his family? I would be the biggest annoyance to every person that would listen if one of my family members were missing...I feel like his friends are more vocal and determined then some of Joey's family members.... Now granted its only my opinion from what I've witnessed and don't know what the family is going through behind the scenes... But if someone doesn't start communicating, those of us that are invested in this search are going to start speculating and questioning about the families silence.

With over 200 people volunteering in the last search I don't understand why more haven't been organized. I just fear that since people aren't hearing anything about the case then the next search won't have as much of a turnout. I was just speaking with my neighbor and brought this up- she had no idea anything about the case- it just goes to show that people 5-6miles away don't even know to be on the lookout or anything....

I don't want to speculate anything, but at this point that's somewhat what I'm leaning towards too! Just too many why's- why hasn't there been anything else on the news, even just a brief excerpt- why hasn't there been much on social media?

I've been lurking her for the past few weeks, but I have to agree the thing bugs me as well. I did donate to it, because it explicitly stated at the time that it would be used to hire a P.I. Now it's three weeks later and...crickets...

Why not use that money to offer a reward? Yes the responses would need to be sifted through, but don't the cops do that anyway with the tips that come in? Why not offer some financial incentive to someone who might not be willing to come forward otherwise? Billboards are a great idea too, as Tiggerford suggested.

My personal feeling...and I could be completely off-base...is that the cops and the family know something that they are keeping to themselves for now. Perhaps they know or suspect who could have Joey, they just want to keep it on the down-low for now in the hopes this person is lulled into a false sense of complacency by the seeming lack of interest. Because that's the only reason I *can* think of by what seems like a lack of interest and attention. I just don't get it otherwise. I'm just as frustrated as the rest of the people on this board.

I was feeling the same way too- that there was information on his whereabouts they just weren't telling us....but looking around the internet it doesn't seem like those close to the case have heard anything either. I hope I'm wrong. I'm so distraught over this case (something in Joey's smile just seems so sweet and innocent to me)....I want there to be leads the cpd isn't letting us in on!! I just don't know how much of a possibility that is.

Great first post, lupinibean!
Welcome to Websleuths! :wagon:

Very encouraged to see other locals just as concerned about Joey. The page is bewildering and why they would let the money sit there as days turn into weeks is beyond strange.

I also think areas beyond Short North should be searched (e.g., areas near his apartment in Gahanna). Keep his face out there and the story alive. Sadly, I feel like people in Columbus have already forgotten about it.

Very encouraged to see other locals just as concerned about Joey. The page is bewildering and why they would let the money sit there as days turn into weeks is beyond strange.

I also think areas beyond Short North should be searched (e.g., areas near his apartment in Gahanna). Keep his face out there and the story alive. Sadly, I feel like people in Columbus have already forgotten about it.

I haven't forgotten about the case. It hits really close to home for me. I'm still putting out flyers whenever I'm able to. I'm not sure what else I can do, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe