Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really strange that no one has started a "Missing Joey LaBute" FB page to provide updates, organize searches, print flyers, etc. Many people had been asking on the BRAVO FB what they could do to help or how to participate in any future searches.

There's a page you have to ask to join. I have not approved still and I requested back when this all happened.

ETA: I just looked there's only 2 members in that group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree with you.
I know that the family was "holding off" on the PI because CPD was doing such a great job on the case. So, if that were the case, it seems to me that there is information that is obviously being withheld from public? I mean I wouldn't feel comfortable holding off on any PI (if that was the plan), unless I fully trusted that CPD had leads and pertinent information.
Something is holding them back from hiring a PI.....that just shows that they know something.....I think

And, I'm thinking its not information to be happy about, since there seems to be no upcoming searches or family speaking out......

I hope it doesn't come to that, but I also feel people have a right to their money back if they don't feel it's being used wisely....I checked the rules and it mentions something about the donations not going toward what they were collected for in a reasonable timeframe...but I guess it's a matter of opinion what a reasonable timeframe is in this situation.

I just did some checking and found a few Facebook groups for the Arnold Classic, I didn't see Joey's info on any of the few pages I browsed through- think it'd be worth a share on those pages?

The family hasn't posted any flyers or his story on any of those pages?

And, I'm thinking its not information to be happy about, since there seems to be no upcoming searches or family speaking out......

I agree. JMO but the family owes some of sort of an update to all of the generous and caring folks who donated to the cause of hiring a PI to help find Joey.

Give the family a break. Good Lord! Perhaps they are overwhelmed???

I agree. JMO but the family owes some of sort of an update to all of the generous and caring folks who donated to the cause of hiring a PI to help find Joey.

Absolutely! That fund me page was set up literally days after he disappeared, and nearly 300 people selflessly and generously donated under the impression a PI would be hired, that was 3 weeks ago... I feel like I was mislead and it will make me think twice about donating again in the future. It's irresponsible for that money to be sitting there for the past 3 weeks and no being used! (For what it was intended for)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely! That fund me page was set up literally days after he disappeared, and nearly 300 people selflessly and generously donated under the impression a PI would be hired, that was 3 weeks ago... I feel like I was mislead and it will make me think twice about donating again in the future. It's irresponsible for that money to be sitting there for the past 3 weeks and no being used! (For what it was intended for)

Wasn't the page set up the day after his disappearance ? Is it just me ... Or does seem kinda weird ? I mean that's really jumping the gun, right?

When my cousin was missing we were overwhelmed but still got stuff done. Of course Facebook at the time was just for us college students and there was no go fund website and such. But I mean delegate responsibilities. Have one person doing social media and one person calling the cops every 13 minutes and have one person talk to the news, etc.

Wasn't the page set up the day after his disappearance ? Is it just me ... Or does seem kinda weird ? I mean that's really jumping the gun, right?

It was created March 8th. I thought the same thing.

Joey went missing the evening of the 4th/early morning hours of the 5th. The fund page went up on the 8th.

The last time anyone (who's come forward) remembers seeing Joey is Friday, March 4th. The page was set up Tuesday, March 8th.

I'm sure the family was experiencing some very high anxiety and was pretty frantic at the time. I understand that. I really do have to take issue with the initial "We're hiring a Private Investigator!" and then just a short time (4 or 5 days?) after that, it's No, we're not...and then, nothing. It's very puzzling.

I have a friend who is friends with Joey and has not heard a peep from the family so not sure what's going on there?!

If the family is not sharing info even with his friends like you say, then it sounds (to me) like the family is trying to:
avoid a rumor mill from starting -or- hiding info at the CPD request

If it is the latter, then what is it and why

If i understand correctly, you have friends who are friends with Joey. So, the family is not sharing information even with his friends ? If that is the case, that means the family is being really extremely tight lipped. If the family is sharing with his friends, i would think that would ripple on to you. But maybe not.

I'm a friend of Joey's, and yes I also have friends that are friends with Joey... I've sent tweets and Facebook messages to every Columbus news outlet asking for a follow up or updated story to be done.... I'm beyond frustrated with why more isn't being done here... I'm sorry but Joey's friends shouldn't be more vocal then his family... I keep trying to put myself in their position, but when I do that it upsets me bc I would be on every media outlet that would listen trying to find my loved one... There's something going on here, and it's making me sick with anxiety by being kept in the dark. I just need an update, any update good or bad... We just need to know something!

I'm really wondering why cellphone information, such as pings, has not be released...providing that the information was requested from the phone company provider to begin with. It seems like it would have been extremely important and I can think of no reason why *not* to request it, so.....

Does anyone know how long it takes for the phone company to release that information, once they are asked/subpoenaed? Wouldn't time be of the utmost essence? I'm really clueless though, how it works in the 'real world'.

I'm really wondering why cellphone information, such as pings, has not be released...providing that the information was requested from the phone company provider to begin with. It seems like it would have been extremely important and I can think of no reason why *not* to request it, so.....

Does anyone know how long it takes for the phone company to release that information, once they are asked/subpoenaed? Wouldn't time be of the utmost essence? I'm really clueless though, how it works in the 'real world'.

It honestly depends on the cell company but I know with Verizon and just recently working for their Home Office location that it takes anywhere from a couple weeks up to a month just depending on the circumstances and what not but for a situation such as this I would think it'd be much quicker than a month.

I'm ready, willing, and able to help in search efforts. Weather will be decent this weekend.

It honestly depends on the cell company but I know with Verizon and just recently working for their Home Office location that it takes anywhere from a couple weeks up to a month just depending on the circumstances and what not but for a situation such as this I would think it'd be much quicker than a month.
I worked for verizon as well and was even the liason between local police and the company for a few records requests. And you are correct! For non-emergency situations it generally took a 3-6 weeks. There was an active search one once though with foul play suspected, and they had initial pings within a couple hours and in depth records just a couple hours later.

Welcome lupinibean!

On one hand, it is good to see all the new members. On the other hand, we are here because of Missing Person JL. We all want the same thing...JL home and safe. I want to say THANK YOU to the folks here willing to do the leg work to help find JL.

:candle:

Yet another day goes by.... and nothing new..no updates.
Not sure how many people feel about this. But, I would be interested in having a crime psychic introduced to this case. With no new leads or news, it is becoming quite concerning if Joey will ever be solved. Anyone know if these "psychics" have ever proven to be helpful or beneficial in any missing persons cases? It's just a thought....maybe it would give us some other avenues to explore..
Also, I wish the Scioto River would be searched more extensively. There should be a dive team out there!!! Joey HAS to be somewhere- he could be anywhere or he could be RIGHT underneath our noses.

I echo this sentiment, completely. That is what is so maddening. He could be down the street locked in a room, or he could be dead tucked away in an alley somewhere. A psychic (and I do believe they're real) could shed light on an otherwise vast and darkened space.

I talked with Joey a couple times on Tinder last month - a great guy, sweet, intelligent and witty. My heart stopped the night I found out he went missing, and my thoughts were consumed for days by his disappearance - still are at times. Talking with him, and from what I've heard, he's more of a homebody; one night he was knitting an afghan while we talked. I doubt he's hooking up with people or getting into cars. There are just so many endless scenarios - where does one begin? It's all speculation. Meanwhile, he's out there, and we have no idea where. I too, refuse to let this be another Brian Schaffer case. But I can feel it going cold. The media has moved on, and I too, for my own sanity, try not to think about it as much. It engulfs me in darkness when I think of what he could be or was suffering through. But the idea that he needs rescued shakes me out of it.

As for the family, I don't think there's one way to act in this situation. I know just last week his mother was still walking the streets with flyers, asking people. Last Saturday she posted on Facebook a long and heart-wrenching plea to help find her son, and a few days ago, another flyer shared by a family member.

I will say, I don't understand the lack of community and CPD efforts. They performed one search. ONE. They should have searches every weekend. They should have dogs sniffing every damn crack in the pavement. And yes, the river and its edges should be scoured inch by inch. Because people don't just go away. They're taken or they're killed. Joey was a victim of one of those two things.

Now where. The F. Is he.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members