Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this video at 00:56, the nonsense text was received by Matt at 1:22 am (text time and video given in this video) and then 10 minutes later she (his aunt?) spoke to him and he said he was driving.

1:22AM Nonsense text sent from Joey "Jnhstioj" to Matt
~1:30am (female, aunt?) called him. Joey said "I'm driving".

I keep going back to this message. I find it kind of interesting how that conversation was ended....and, then that strange text was sent hours later. If someone sent me a crazy text like that, I would ask something along the lines of, what are you talking about? Or, what's that supposed to mean? Not, hey, you there? Am I correct in seeing that his "friend" did not reply back to the weird text until Saturday night at 11:47 pm?

Correct that his friend, Matt, did not reply back until 11:47 pm on Saturday night.

I am also curious why they did not find the car until Saturday morning...were they not looking for him yet?

I keep going back to this message. I find it kind of interesting how that conversation was ended....and, then that strange text was sent hours later. If someone sent me a crazy text like that, I would ask something along the lines of, what are you talking about? Or, what's that supposed to mean? Not, hey, you there? Am I correct in seeing that his "friend" did not reply back to the weird text until Saturday night at 11:47 pm?

We don't necessarily know that there weren't texts after that which are just cut off, but my understanding is that they called after receiving the weird text rather than text back. I've done that myself when my mom's texts don't make sense to me - just call and say 'huh?'

So I don't think it would be unusual to not text back immediately in that case.

Correct that his friend, Matt, did not reply back until 11:47 pm on Saturday night.

I am also curious why they did not find the car until Saturday morning...were they not looking for him yet?

Sorry - I meant to type that they found his car Sunday morning.

I'm assuming he didn't tell them where he parked. Since he parked 20 mins away and everyone in Columbus parks on the street, I could imagine it would be some time before they found it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to this video at 00:56, the nonsense text was received by Matt at 1:22 am (text time and video given in this video) and then 10 minutes later she (his aunt?) spoke to him and he said he was driving.

1:22AM Nonsense text sent from Joey "Jnhstioj" to Matt
~1:30am (female, aunt?) called him. Joey said "I'm driving".

It's so hard to get an accurate timeline. The media always seems to have conflicting reports.

I would think that would be a very sensitive issue. There must be patrons of the bar, who, for a number of reasons really don't want video of them there to get out in public.

See I don't take it that way. I take it that maybe he is seen with a person and they don't want that person to completely disappear before they've found them.

When my mother disappeared there were so many incorrect news reports it wasn't even funny. To this day I am trying to have public records corrected and am making no headway. Once the wrong information is out there, it's out there. It makes it so hard for the family.

A few thoughts regarding the apartment complex parking lot where Joey LaBute’s car was found.

Did Joey LaBute know anybody that lived at the apartment complex?

And when Joey’s car was found at the apartment complex parking lot on Sunday, was it found parked in the same spot or in a different spot?

On the google map link posted up thread, I happen to notice that the Olentangy River is less than ¼ of a mile away from where the apartment complex is located.

From above link:

On Friday, Columbus police said surveillance video from the bar did not yield clues. A spokesperson for the department said the video was poor quality and that, while detectives had reviewed hours and hours of video, they couldn’t find him in the crowded bar.

From above link:

On Friday, Columbus police said surveillance video from the bar did not yield clues. A spokesperson for the department said the video was poor quality and that, while detectives had reviewed hours and hours of video, they couldn’t find him in the crowded bar.

Sadly not surprising. The owner had told one of the local news stations that they were going to have a hard time because of how busy the bar was that night. I'm more interested in any exterior footage that neighboring businesses might have at this point. Someone had to see him leave.

I plan on attending the search tomorrow.

Sorry - I meant to type that they found his car Sunday morning.

I'm thinking with him having to park so far away, maybe it took them that long to find it. If they didn't know where he had parked though, how would they know if his car had left or not since he had disappeared?

So whenever we go anywhere and meet with friends, where we parked and how much money it was, how faraway, how dangerous it seems, etc are topics of discussion.

So whenever we go anywhere and meet with friends, where we parked and how much money it was, how faraway, how dangerous it seems, etc are topics of discussion.

Yes!!!!!
We just went to a family member's wedding last weekend in Austin,TX, my family (me, my hub, my kids & my parents) had never been to Austin so when we showed up at the hotel, that was the first thing others asked us: "Where did y'all park?" "How much did it cost?"...we opted for valet at the hotel versus a parking lot area (I read WS & know all about what happens in parking lots & parking garages--No thank you) plus I didn't want to have to walk to/from in heels!!!

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

I'm thinking with him having to park so far away, maybe it took them that long to find it. If they didn't know where he had parked though, how would they know if his car had left or not since he had disappeared?

Probably because it was common for him to park there when he went to that area. That's my guess. Or it may have come up in conversation with his cousin ("Hey, where'd you end up parking?").

More later from the search I was a part of this morning. On my way out again.

Probably because it was common for him to park there when he went to that area. That's my guess. Or it may have come up in conversation with his cousin ("Hey, where'd you end up parking?").

More later from the search I was a part of this morning. On my way out again.

* The Arnold expo was going on, so parking in the apartment parking lot was the closest parking he could find (i would think).

* If i am correct, those apartments are private property. Therefore, only for residents only. Unless there is visitor parking. Does Joey know someone who lives there ?

* Wonder if the family has thought about getting a subpoena to see what texts and calls Joey received that night ? Wonder how that idea could be communicated to the family ? My cell phone carrier via the internet shows a breakdown of 'to' & 'from' phone numbers. Something prompted him to get up from the table and leave. He might have received a text from the person(s) letting him know they were outside waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay