Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone found the article in which talking to him on the phone was mentioned and his reply was "I'm driving". I wonder if that article was removed from the media because it was in-correctly reported.

Better information on his last communication:

Respectfully snipped by me.

At around 01:05 in the video at the below link, Joey's dad says a friend called Joey, and he told her that he was driving. Also in the video, the reporter says about ten minutes after Joey said he was going to the bar to get a drink, he sent a relative a text that didn't make sense, and it was an additional ten minutes after that, that the friend called Joey.

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/family-frantic-after-26-year-old-man-goes-missing

Has anyone found the article in which talking to him on the phone was mentioned and his reply was "I'm driving". I wonder if that article was removed from the media because it was in-correctly reported.

Better information on his last communication:

"It was a fun night. We don't get together a whole lot, a group of cousins and family friends. So, we decided to meet up," Reigle said.

Reigle said when Joey left the table around 12:30 a.m. that night and didn't come back, they called and texted.

"[I was calling] his phone until probably 2:30 a.m. and didn't hear anything. The next morning is when we really started to worry because he wasn't back home or anything like that," he said.

Family members said the last message sent from LaBute’s phone sent at 1:22 a.m. Saturday simply read: “Jnhstioj.”

http://bit.ly/1UcsfrL

And :welcome: to WS, BiobabeOH!!

Brian Shaffer Missing Video

[video=youtube;Fz50sB89uG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz50sB89uG8[/video]

http://bit.ly/1UcsfrL

The "I'm driving" was in the video report in the myfox28 link that was given on page 1 (it was not in the written report on that same page, was only in the video). I never actually saw that part in print, nor have I heard it on the 10tv or 6onyourside reports. So I'm not sure if that happened or if the station got bad info/misunderstood.

There has been chatter on the reddit.com/r/Columbus board that people were ruffied at the neighboring bar Axis on the same night Joey went missing. That is apparently not an uncommon occurrence. According to a poster on reddit, complaints have been made to Stonewall Columbus about both Axis and Union being locations where several have had their drinks drugged.

Slightly off topic here but.............

I think there should be a separate category of young men missing from bars on a night out only because there are so many of them.

I get gibberish texts daily. Well, nightly. They butt dial. I think the same happened here. I hope...

Shortly after talking to her, Brian and his friend walked down to the Arena District in Columbus, OH; they stopped at the North Short Tavern and then went to Brother's, where they met with other friends. One of the friends drove them back to the Ugly Tuna Saloona, where they are seen in the surveillance tape at 1:15 am. The next time Brian is seen on cameras, he was outside of the Ugly Tuna, at the top of the escalator, talking with two girls; he appears to say 'bye' and turns towards the bar, he then disappears from the camera's view and has not been seen since.

http://www.findbrianshaffer.com/

Is this North short the same bar Joey was in?

and this word BYE is haunting!

the Short North is an area of Downtown Columbus that is very gay friendly and where the bar Joey was last seen at is located.

Snip

LaBute’s aunt, Julie Holly, joined others in the Italian Village Wednesday, handing out flyers with her nephew’s photo just blocks away from where he was last seen.

“There’s all kinds of scenarios that go through your head, and we just try to keep the positive ones up front,” Holly said.

The people close to LaBute said the last few days have been tough.

“You get to a point, you’ve got to just take a step back and recharge,” Holly said. “We did that and we’re out again with the posters and we’re doing this until he comes home.”

Holly described her nephew as a responsible and decent young man, a graduate of The Ohio State University who works full-time at Morgan Stanley in Easton.

Despite a difficult few days, his family says they’re grateful for the support they’ve received.

“If nothing else, we’ve found there’s good out there,” Holly said. “There’s good people, and we’re thankful for it. We’re blessed.”

LaBute is 5 feet, 9 inches tall and weighs about 135 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes. His family said he was last seen wearing a brown and blue flannel shirt with a blue T-shirt underneath and blue jeans.

Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at (614) 645-4624.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/03/09/police-turn-to-surveillance-footage-in-hopes-of-finding-missing-man/

the Short North is an area of Downtown Columbus that is very gay friendly and where the bar Joey was last seen at is located.

Yes, they are very close, though - mile, maybe a mile and a half apart. Campus area basically butts up against Short North (for those not local).

The family has also set up a with the aim of hiring a private investigator: <modsnip>

I get gibberish texts daily. Well, nightly. They butt dial. I think the same happened here. I hope...

Sure, I do too (toddler). But a gibberish text on the night somebody goes missing at least gives some clue as to when the phone was last used and hopefully where. My mind goes places like he was in the back of a car and dialed with his nose or texted without looking so he wouldn't be seen. I wonder if I tried to text without looking, how would I do?

Out of curiosity I typed "Jnhstioj" into my phone and it autocorrected to "Ingestion". Of course he could have the autocorrect feature off.

Sure, I do too (toddler). But a gibberish text on the night somebody goes missing at least gives some clue as to when the phone was last used and hopefully where. My mind goes places like he was in the back of a car and dialed with his nose or texted without looking so he wouldn't be seen. I wonder if I tried to text without looking, how would I do?

Every time I get a gibberish text fom my kids, late at night, I panic. What if they were kidnapped and its a message? Code? The kidnapper doesn't speak english and is asking for ransome? This is my life.

As You can imagine, my husband gets very little sleep with my shenanigans.

Out of curiosity I typed "Jnhstioj" into my phone and it autocorrected to "Ingestion". Of course he could have the autocorrect feature off.

That's funny, I did the same and got the same word

Although I have autocorrect, I have an Iphone 4 and it gave up at guessing 'unharmed' several letters in but by the time I finished typing in the whole word it had no guesses and no autocorrect. My phone could have sent that string of letters.

If you pull up the phone keyboard, all those letters are generally in the same area of the keyboard. It seems to me just like a random hit with a finger, maybe completely accidental. It is very worrying in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Creole Lady