Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Local Columbus person here, keep in mind the Arnold Classic is in town and we have huge spikes in human trafficking when it's in town. That is a big problem here.

Also, the 10tv and 6onyourside (the myfox28 link) have conflicting information in the video reports. Channel 6 indicates there was a phone call made to Joey, and that he answered and said "I'm driving." Unless it's been edited, that was in the video report when they uploaded it yesterday.

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/family-frantic-after-26-year-old-man-goes-missing (video where the "I'm driving" is mentioned).

I'm intrigued to know if that was common language for Joey to use on text messages. Also I assume a family member has access to his FaceBook page as there's an update (photo) 14 hours ago.

Even if it is his regular tone, who says 'Bye' when somebody says goodnight? Unless they had been texting for a while and the guy said he was going to bed. Then I could see him saying 'bye'

I cannot believe this is happening again! How do people go missing right under people's noses!?

"Byeeeeeee" isn't unusual, unless it's unusual for him. It's not an uncommon thing.

Local Columbus person here, keep in mind the Arnold Classic is in town and we have huge spikes in human trafficking when it's in town. That is a big problem here.

Also, the 10tv and 6onyourside (the myfox28 link) have conflicting information in the video reports. Channel 6 indicates there was a phone call made to Joey, and that he answered and said "I'm driving." Unless it's been edited, that was in the video report when they uploaded it yesterday.

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/family-frantic-after-26-year-old-man-goes-missing (video where the "I'm driving" is mentioned).

Weird. It sounds like he must have left with somebody? A text was sent to a family member that didn't make sense, then a call to him with him saying "I'm driving". And then that's it? And not in his car because his car was where he left it.

Weird. It sounds like he must have left with somebody? A text was sent to a family member that didn't make sense, then a call to him with him saying "I'm driving". And then that's it? And not in his car because his car was where he left it.

That's what is weird - can't get a clear picture because the myfox28 video presents a different picture of events than the 10tv video.

myfox28 video implies they were all at a table, Joey left to go to the bar and get a drink. Approx 10min later, they get a strange text (video doesn't say what it said, only that it was strange) and then his cousins call, and he says "I'm driving."

10tv video implies his cousins were leaving on their own (calling it a night) at same time Joey decided to get a drink at the bar, and then there was the text with the other guy who didn't want to be named. 10tv video doesn't mention call at all.

It's two different sequences of events, and it's frustrating that they don't match up. May seem small but to a potential witness it could mean recollecting or not recollecting.

That's what is weird - can't get a clear picture because the myfox28 video presents a different picture of events than the 10tv video.

myfox28 video implies they were all at a table, Joey left to go to the bar and get a drink. Approx 10min later, they get a strange text (video doesn't say what it said, only that it was strange) and then his cousins call, and he says "I'm driving."

10tv video implies his cousins were leaving on their own (calling it a night) at same time Joey decided to get a drink at the bar, and then there was the text with the other guy who didn't want to be named. 10tv video doesn't mention call at all.

It's two different sequences of events, and it's frustrating that they don't match up. May seem small but to a potential witness it could mean recollecting or not recollecting.

I would go with the first sequence of events because it's right out of his dad's mouth on camera. I would assume 10tv just got their story fast and wrong.

So that's the first time I heard "and friends". So there were several of them there, milling about, the cousin doesn't remember when he last saw Joey for sure. That makes more sense than Joey getting up to go get a drink at the bar when the three of them were sharing a table and never coming back - a search would have been underway right then. It sounds like this was much more loosely formed. So when they didn't see him, that's okay, he'll drive himself home.

I think he said "I'm driving" because he didn't want to talk on the phone. That's what I say when I get a call I don't want to continue right then.

So that's the first time I heard "and friends". So there were several of them there, milling about, the cousin doesn't remember when he last saw Joey for sure. That makes more sense than Joey getting up to go get a drink at the bar when the three of them were sharing a table and never coming back - a search would have been underway right then. It sounds like this was much more loosely formed. So when they didn't see him, that's okay, he'll drive himself home.

I think he said "I'm driving" because he didn't want to talk on the phone. That's what I say when I get a call I don't want to continue right then.

One of the video reports had some snapchat images - can't remember which one now, but I think he went with just his cousin and his cousin's wife and it's likely he ran into people he knew there (clearly he was friends with staff, as mentioned in the nbci link). But I thought it was just the cousin and wife in the images with Joey.

There's an updated report with the family coming on the 6pm news on 10tv, will update if anything new comes from that.

None of this makes sense, which leads me to think that there is more to the story, or at least to the story of who this young man is. Any previous history of disappearing?

None of this makes sense, which leads me to think that there is more to the story, or at least to the story of who this young man is. Any previous history of disappearing?

Not that I am aware of. I only know him casually but everyone has said this is very out of character for him.

They just showed the text that was sent to the family member and it was jibberish, like a keysmash of characters, at 1:22AM Saturday morning - says Jnhstioj (that's exact from screenshot). They didn't specify which family member got it, if it was the cousin he was with or not.

They just showed the text that was sent to the family member and it was jibberish, like a keysmash of characters, at 1:22AM Saturday morning - says Jnhstioj (that's exact from screenshot). They didn't specify which family member got it, if it was the cousin he was with or not.

Sonds like a pocket text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member