UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 8 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 5 hung re attempted #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her cell would get a bit cosy - iirc there is something like 90k documents !
She will have had her trial bundle during trial but I highly doubt they would allow anything that sensitive.
No doubt that will annoy it.
Yeah, I never assumed she had everything. The trial was just too massive.

I just know it's a problem with child sex offenders, there's a trade in evidence documents inside amongst like-minded creeps, which is difficult to stop because the evidence is part of discovery, which the offenders have a right to have copies of.

Since Letby has been going through this trial and the appeal process for the first, I didn't know how much she would have access to.

A photocopy probably wouldn't be as piquant as the original, but it would slip just as nicely under her mattress.

Though a lot has gone digital, these days, so if she does have access, she might only have access to a thumb drive of the case on a computer without internet.

MOO

I don't think she did. I think she thought she'd get an invitation to interview with the police and would not be arrested or have her house searched. I think she'd have remembered she had a SHREDDER if she ever suspected she might get carted off by the police at dawn, hence the look on her face as she exited her porch. She's a high risk very daring type of gal.

Totally agree. As far she was concerned she’d managed to convince everybody of her innocence up till that point and had even managed to get an apology from the consultants. I think she thought she’d easily do the same if the police interviewed her and was expecting them to give her prior notice if they wanted to speak to her. I doubt that it crossed her mind that she’d be arrested in a dawn raid with no time to dispose of anything potentially incriminating.

I guess she was in turmoil, unable to stop her obsession.
Knowing there was something not right with her.

This HELP word is sad.
Would any therapy help her?
What led to this tragedy?
She might have not known herself.
It is all subconscious.

JMO
As far as we know the notes were all written after she was taken off the ward and couldn’t kill babies anymore. so I think the “help ”was in relation to her wanting help to avoid having to face the consequences of her actions, rather than her wanting help to stop killing babies.

As far as we know the notes were all written after she was taken off the ward and couldn’t kill babies anymore. so I think the “help ”was in relation to her wanting help to avoid having to face the consequences of her actions, rather than her wanting help to stop killing babies.

And I think HELP referred to her WHOLE life.

There was a reason for her insanity.
People are not born murderers.

And she knew she was "different" from others.
Her notes show it quite distinctly.

I see turmoil, despair, self hatred and awareness of one's own imperfection.

She didn't hold back.

That is how I see it all.

JMO

Last edited:
How is it that people think she had thought that a police raid was not likely? I couldn't see it going any other way towards the end. You really think she was that bold she just thought she could sweet talk her way out of it?

Doesn't make sense to me that she would make efforts to hide her tracks at work but seemingly not at all at home. I also wouldn't think her efforts to hide at work were so consistent and extensive, a tentative suggestion that they were a delaying action. I would consider a "leave no trace" effort to be more suitable for someone very committed to evading capture.

How is it that people think she had thought that a police raid was not likely? I couldn't see it going any other way towards the end. You really think she was that bold she just thought she could sweet talk her way out of it?

Doesn't make sense to me that she would make efforts to hide her tracks at work but seemingly not at all at home. I also wouldn't think her efforts to hide at work were so consistent and extensive, a tentative suggestion that they were a delaying action. I would consider a "leave no trace" effort to be more suitable for someone very committed to evading capture.
I think she overestimated her own cleverness and underestimated the investigators. She thought very highly of herself and her own abilities.

I genuinely think that she didn't think police would be able to grasp the intricacies of neonatal care, and the case would dissolve in a puff of smoke, and she'd get her apology and her transfer to the other hospital with the higher need babies.

She is a risk taker, and she was counting on it coming up trumps for her yet again.

Intelligent people make foolish gambles every single day. The difference being, most of them are investing in business or quitting their job to chase their passion.

Letby was betting that this would all blow over and that she'd get a whole new playground to murder babies in. Fortunately for those babies, she was wrong.

MOO

I do totally get that angle. It's just the scale of that underestimation that I can't place. Any half smart person would know the scale of what was against them in that circumstance, they would also know that those handover sheets are to be gotten rid of preferably never kept and at the end when on office duties and told of police involvement, she's just going to outsmart all of them annd not get raided? That's a quantum leap to me, just not feasible. Unrealistic. I never got that clinical level of arrogance from her, she imo only showed that when the mask slipped.

BUT - and I know it’s not correct to start a sentence with it … she hauled stuff down to her parents when she was granted bail.
What’s that all about ?

I think it’s part arrogance, and part naivety about the way the police work. A few of her co-workers had spoken to the police before her arrest, and I think she assumed they would treat her similarly. I don’t think it even entered her head that they’d turn up with a warrant for her arrest. Perhaps she should have expected it, but I think its clear her brain doesn’t work in the same way as most people. JMO.

I do totally get that angle. It's just the scale of that underestimation that I can't place. Any half smart person would know the scale of what was against them in that circumstance, they would also know that those handover sheets are to be gotten rid of preferably never kept and at the end when on office duties and told of police involvement, she's just going to outsmart all of them annd not get raided? That's a quantum leap to me, just not feasible. Unrealistic. I never got that clinical level of arrogance from her, she imo only showed that when the mask slipped.
Well, Bundy was a smart guy who certainly would have heard the maxim about self representation, and yet he sabotaged himself at every turn in Florida because he wanted to control the show.

Intelligent people lose the shirts off their backs because they just want one more thrill, one more spin of the roulette wheel or roll of the dice or deal of the cards.

She was reckless towards the end on the ward at CoC. The triplets... She knew she was suspected, she knew all eyes were on her, and yet she killed them anyway the moment she was back from holiday. And in all likelihood, attacked another child the very next day though a verdict was not reached on that charge. She was decompensating, like Bundy did. More and more risk, just to get a hint of that high.

When she got put on admin, then on leave, all she had were those papers, to relive that feeling. To revel in those deaths and near deaths.

I think she was arrogant, but I think she was also an addict. Addicted to the high she got from killing and torturing babies and the high she got from the grief and suffering of the families. When they took her off the ward, all she had were the handover sheets and the Facebook pages she'd check on holidays and anniversaries to get a warm glow from the grief she'd left in those families' lives. Because that's all she is, inside. A vampire feeding on the pain of others.

Without those handover sheets, did she even exist? In her house overlooking a garden of innocents cemetery, and her spare room decorated as a nursery for the child she was never going to have with the doctor who was never going to leave his family for her?

Letby is beige because she cultivated the most perfect camouflage, but it went too far into uncanny valley territory. It highlights that everything you see of her is just a reflection. Underneath it all, the perfect nurse, perfect nice Lucy, she's just a void she tried to fill up by hurting people. She's never going to stop being that way, and she'll never not be a danger, which is why she is exactly where she needs to be for the rest of her life.

MOO

I believe that if she had continued to just do it every once in awhile, and then wait a long time, and do it differently the next random time, she'd never have been caught. JMO

I really think that because she got so obsessive and obvious, she finally got caught. Her obsessiveness and obviousness, like trying to get all 3 triplets, etc, did her in. It's such a shame that it took so damn long.
I entirely agree! Personally, I think it likely that she was making various random attempts or experiments over a long time - perhaps from very soon after she qualified?

She should have been caught a very long time before she actually was. The way it looks to me is that the reason she wasn't was because management point-blank refused to believe anything the group of doctors were telling them or simply ignored them because they didn't care.

Other people need to go to jail for this, imo.

Yip that's definitely well said an well put. I can see it definitely.

I'm very much caught up on the fact that it is as unthinkable to me that someone who had murdered babies and didn't want to get caught would keep those handover notes though in those circumstances. You not see that potential in her actions? Gets back from ibiza and immediately goes on one? But doesn't want to get caught?

Maybe getting caught or not caught was part of the thrill?

Even without her on screen I'm glad you can see the judge staring directly at her. He's making sure it sinks home for her. No mistake here this is because of you.

I'm wondering why she attended as well. I can't see any point why she would.
Just catching up as been a full-on day!

She's attended because she chose to and, most probably, because she's decided - for whatever reason - that it suits her purposes.

I still really feel killing or hurting was not her prime motivation...i think killing them served a purpose.I feel she used those little babies as a tool to get what she wants ...attention, admiration or to take it out on people she had a grudge with.

Yes the world certainly is.
She won’t make old bones.
Oh, I beg to differ - appeal or not, this is not the last we are going to hear of Lucy Letby.

She is going to resurface in the news and other media every decade or so with ever more extreme sob-stories as attempts to be released. In 30 or 40 years time she'll be the modern Myra Hindley.

I can think of one very predictable story she's going to bring up in a few years time in order to engender sympathy but I'll not state it publicly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Creole Lady
Back