Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they traced his phone?

Haven't heard anything about that yet.

They're looking at surveillance from the cafe and neighboring businesses, but it was very busy at Union on Friday night and the owner said it may be hard to find him in the crowd on the video.

There's supposed to be more from the family on the 11 o'clock broadcast. Will update anything new at that time.

Cc_w3KLUsAAFvdc.jpg

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/columbus-detectives-searchinh-for-missing-26-year-old-man

Sorry, this should narrow it down a bit... Look for comments from T. N. Or is this not new?

https://www.facebook.com/WBNS10TV/?fref=nf

I see what you're referring to now. I've not seen what she's talking about on the news reports on that channel - the aunt has been on TV but do not recall ever seeing her show her phone.

Also, doubtful that Joey would risk being fired from work over that type of family issue or "guilt trip" as that person speculates.

Only thing mentioned in the 11pm news was on local ABC affiliate - said the police "cannot discuss the specifics of the case, but at this point they do not suspect foul play."

They just showed the text that was sent to the family member and it was jibberish, like a keysmash of characters, at 1:22AM Saturday morning - says Jnhstioj (that's exact from screenshot). They didn't specify which family member got it, if it was the cousin he was with or not.

If there were an O after the J and the H was before the N it would spell John on the first part. Maybe he was trying to spell out a name.
Hope he is found safe.

Also look at the keyboard. Easy typo to make.

Johnstown
JNHSTIOJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parking in Short North is awful, so it's not unusual for people to park a little ways away. Just FYI.

You’re not kidding that it is hard to find a parking space on North High Street in the Short North area.

In the Short North area, if you venture West of North High Street, you’re in the Victorian Village and Goodale Park neighborhoods.

And if you venture East of North High Street in the Short North area, you’re in a really rough neighborhood that isn’t a safe area to be in.

A lot of people are comparing this to Brian Shaffer, who disappeared on April 1st,10 years ago. That's who I immediately thought of when I heard this story. The two men have an eerily similar look.

Has anyone found the article in which talking to him on the phone was mentioned and his reply was "I'm driving". I wonder if that article was removed from the media because it was in-correctly reported.

Better information on his last communication:

"It was a fun night. We don't get together a whole lot, a group of cousins and family friends. So, we decided to meet up," Reigle said.

Reigle said when Joey left the table around 12:30 a.m. that night and didn't come back, they called and texted.

"[I was calling] his phone until probably 2:30 a.m. and didn't hear anything. The next morning is when we really started to worry because he wasn't back home or anything like that," he said.

Family members said the last message sent from LaBute’s phone sent at 1:22 a.m. Saturday simply read: “Jnhstioj.”

http://bit.ly/1UcsfrL

Has anyone found the article in which talking to him on the phone was mentioned and his reply was "I'm driving". I wonder if that article was removed from the media because it was in-correctly reported.

It was posted a few pages ago. I haven't seen any MSM print referring to Joey answering "I'm driving":

Local Columbus person here, keep in mind the Arnold Classic is in town and we have huge spikes in human trafficking when it's in town. That is a big problem here.

Also, the 10tv and 6onyourside (the myfox28 link) have conflicting information in the video reports. Channel 6 indicates there was a phone call made to Joey, and that he answered and said "I'm driving." Unless it's been edited, that was in the video report when they uploaded it yesterday.

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/family-frantic-after-26-year-old-man-goes-missing (video where the "I'm driving" is mentioned).

A lot of people are comparing this to Brian Shaffer, who disappeared on April 1st,10 years ago. That's who I immediately thought of when I heard this story. The two men have an eerily similar look.

OMG they do look alike!

Shortly after talking to her, Brian and his friend walked down to the Arena District in Columbus, OH; they stopped at the North Short Tavern and then went to Brother's, where they met with other friends. One of the friends drove them back to the Ugly Tuna Saloona, where they are seen in the surveillance tape at 1:15 am. The next time Brian is seen on cameras, he was outside of the Ugly Tuna, at the top of the escalator, talking with two girls; he appears to say 'bye' and turns towards the bar, he then disappears from the camera's view and has not been seen since.

http://www.findbrianshaffer.com/

Is this North short the same bar Joey was in?

and this word BYE is haunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member