Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People, his car was found in the same spot he typically parks it a few blocks from the Union. Yet, he told his mom he was "driving." Obviously, he was in a car not his own and had to have been with someone. Whomever was in that car with him is murder suspect number 1. I have said from the beginning that, unfortunately, he would not be found alive. Hopefully, they have tried to gain access to his accounts on every social media he has - including Grindr and Scruff. Someone earlier said he was active on either or both of those sites at midnight on the night he disappeared. This is clearly a murder. Could have been a passion killing. Could have been drug-related. Could have been a robbery. Not buying this nebulous smiley face killer theory -- it is too dramatic and covers too wide of an area.

All of your theories still fit within the smiley face murder theory. But you need to study the other 200 cases I have to understand this fact.

Connection acknowledged.

However, I do believe that "human trafficking" is somewhat misperceived as being an enterprise that runs around throwing blankets over the heads of unsuspecting potential "workers" and then enslaving them through some process. I'm no expert, but I do know a bit, and I would suggest that an openly gay young man, out for dinner/drinks with family is not in a high risk group for being trafficked. Much higher risk are young people--of whom a hugely disproportionate number are gay and transgendered--living on the street, frequently as a result of being abandoned by their families.

A trafficker looks for vulnerability--which comes with young age, inability to self-support, lack of family/community resources, as well as addictions. They would not be looking INSIDE of Union, or other Short North bars (where the clientele has money to spend)--but rather to the kids outside on the streets in the same area.

i did not know much about it. But when the poster expalined that they use very attractive people.. I posted a couple of days ago that it occurred to me - and explained the beginning of this. I thought he went to thebar to get a drink

A really good looking guy was there , make eye contact, talked a bit,decided they go for a quickie. In the guys car.

He did not think he would be gone that long expalins the disaapearcne, explains why he did not say anything to anyone thought he would be back.

Expalins the I am driving. Now I dont know if it is different up there, but typically all that happened at 2 in the morning was most gay bars would just cut of alcohol ,start there breakdown, and us let linger. Again there is more "sex" focus - barteneders know this.

So they let us linger, trying to decide who we wanted to go home with. To go check out if you still want to !! Which would add to his thinking he would be back -- he had a couple of hours. Then the lingering would continue outside. What I am saying is that would explain him not saying anything.

If the beatiful man said he lived 15 minutes away - makes even more sense. We know he did not use his car, so that adds to he was in someones elses carjust some notions

Explains the "I am driving" part off it. It expalins the I am drivng call being quick - he wanted to flirt with the guy. It actualy explains most of the beginnings

Let me tell you that it is not clear what the motives or techniques are of the smiley face killer cult. If it was clearly know they would have been caught after 20 years and perhaps Joey wouldn't have died (assuming it is his body recovered). What is clear is that tall, good looking, athletic, smart men are targeted. Their sexual orientation may not be a factor. After all, if they desire that special subset of society and are going to abduct, torture and sodomize the man it probably doesn't matter what the victim prefers! Think about it.

I was referring to when you said something akin to as a gay man,I would not be heading for a woman!!

Another comment is even the victims parents will say they think he wasn't gay because her son had girlfriends. She never suspected he was gay. But that doesn't mean he wasn't bi or recently became gay and is still in the closet so to speak. News reports of he victims don't usually discuss the person's sexual orientation. So only the police/detectives that uncover the evidence may know how the person was targeted and whether it appeared that the person was perhaps gay. I just say I don't believe only gays are targeted or only straight men. I think it's what they look like what matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is just my sense, when the parents were interviewed at the begining, I felt as if his parents know he is gay and are fine with it. MOO All along it did feel as if he was closeted in any way. The folks that claim to know him, seemed to be aware, he was using a bunch of gay apps,was going out on a date - he struck me as totally out , and comfortable with his orinetation, and had
"settled " into the gay lifestyle.

I had no issues coming out with family, grandparent uncle neices etc. My lover and I were at Tgving with my family etc.
He just seemed "out" moo

And you know ,we just are close and love our girl FRIENDS!!!!

RE;Human trafficking usually means a body is not found right away

Having trouble how to word this, DO they typically kill them -- I thought they used them repeadily for most money??

Well...probably for a while. But they don't typically just let them go. If there is any possibility that a victim could ID the perpetrators or location, they probably dispose of them.

People, his car was found in the same spot he typically parks it a few blocks from the Union. Yet, he told his mom he was "driving." Obviously, he was in a car not his own and had to have been with someone. Whomever was in that car with him is murder suspect number 1. I have said from the beginning that, unfortunately, he would not be found alive. Hopefully, they have tried to gain access to his accounts on every social media he has - including Grindr and Scruff. Someone earlier said he was active on either or both of those sites at midnight on the night he disappeared. This is clearly a murder. Could have been a passion killing. Could have been drug-related. Could have been a robbery. Not buying this nebulous smiley face killer theory -- it is too dramatic and covers too wide of an area.

Since learning what byeeeee means in this generations gay cell phone "jive"(!) I am not so sure the"date" could be invoved.

I learned it basically mean "FU%K off apparently! So this guy says bye cutie and the response if Fu&k off and obviouly this guy did not "F*ck off he called him four more times.

That is atypical IMO , of first date. After an hour or so with someone, and obviouly the date ending and then being told to take a hike,I would not call the guy back .would you?

--- didnt work out no promises .... on to the next one (as opposed to having problems with your lover. Calling back repetidly would make sense .

Obvously this guy was not good with boundaries or responding well to go away!!

And I wish we knew what the "liar" stuff was. That is not endearing accusation!

If it was a very violent crime, the victim's face may not be identifiable. :( The clothes seem like it would be enough for the family to ID the victim. His prints wouldn't be used for identification. Unless he's had a government or public school job (or a prior record), his prints wouldn't be in the system.

I am disappointed that we're not hearing anything until tomorrow.

WOW- and the dectives not handling knives and guns well wow. That fits with my sense that this was violent event. It also makes sense in terms of needing dental records.

clothes were there, not decomposed much, and not releasing confirmation could very well indicate some graphic violence . Sad but was a very good point

I did not know (stepped out) that they said tomm, did they say anything else or was it.

I cannot find on line that it wont be till tomm??

This is relvant to your keen oberservation

Columbus police are expected to release the identity of a person found dead in the Scioto River Tuesday afternoon.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/03/30/police-continue-to-investigate-after-body-found-in-scioto-river/

So now they are delaying again IMO that is very important and telling

maybe they found someting on whoever it is that leads to the perp?

Well...probably for a while. But they don't typically just let them go. If there is any possibility that a victim could ID the perpetrators or location, they probably dispose of them.

The ones that have survived will not talk at all. I'm sure they were threatened or their family would be killed if they say anything to anyone. It's frustrating because the survivors could help crack the cases.

Since learning what byeeeee means in this generations gay cell phone "jive"(!) I am not so sure the"date" could be invoved.

I learned it basically mean "FU%K off apparently! So this guy says bye cutie and the response if Fu&k off and obviouly this guy did not "F*ck off he called him four more times.

That is atypical IMO , of first date. After an hour or so with someone, and obviouly the date ending and then being told to take a hike,I would not call the guy back .would you?

--- didnt work out no promises .... on to the next one (as opposed to having problems with your lover. Calling back repetidly would make sense .

Obvously this guy was not good with boundaries or responding well to go away!!

And I wish we knew what the "liar" stuff was. That is not endearing accusation!

Plus it's strange that the date continued texting him after he was found missing. Clearly some Me was trying to establish an alibi.

The date should be a primary suspect for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ones that have survived will not talk at all. I'm sure they were threatened or their family would be killed if they say anything to anyone. It's frustrating because the survivors could help crack the cases.

Is Mr Muscle still in town??

Plus it's strange that the date continued texting him after he was found missing. Clearly some Me was trying to establish an alibi.

I pondered that also, make it seem he thought he was still alive. Myabe accidental killing in car or his apt , he freaked did not do anything with body for some time, but we would have decomp

thats gross that just took me to the reality that the had to be alive for some time

I am all over the place on this

The Muscle talk is due to the Arnold Sports Festival that was taking place the weekend Joey disappeared. It takes place one weekend per year.

Who is that? What's with all the "muscle" talk on this thread? It's confusing.

That Arnold convention!! That is what it is its named after schwarzenegger. I would think he would want his name removed from it

I think that is only me!! Less typing!!

The Arnold Sports Festival the largest multi-sport festival in the nation and features 18,000 athletes competing in 70 sports and events, including 14 Olympic sports throughout Columbus.The 2016 Arnold Fitness EXPO will feature more than 900 booths of the latest in sports equipment, apparel and nutrition and a stage that hosts unique, non-stop competitions and entertainment.

http://www.arnoldsportsfestival.com/splash/2016/
men's-winners_0.jpg

images

Roar and Grunt!! Google images

IMG_4911-1024x683.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors