Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hear you and have considered that as well. However, why didn't he text him again? And keep texting? Especially, once he knew he was missing. By 11 PM the following night when he finally responded to the gibberish text, his family and friends were already worried he was missing.

I hear you and have considered that as well. However, why didn't he text him again? And keep texting? Especially, once he knew he was missing. By 11 PM the following night when he finally responded to the gibberish text, his family and friends were already worried he was missing.

Either he didn't known he was missing or...

And FYI - I would not rule out injuries at this point. The coroner herself said his body was badly decomposed, she needed dental information to identify him, and she said no "obvious" signs of external injuries, not that there weren't any.

Thanks. Corrected the post. Only my opinion based on what we know so far.

I agree too. I will text "hey u there?" To test the waters; if they respond then they're ready to talk it they don't I leave them alone til they initiate a conversation.

And who's to say he didn't continue texting after he found out he was missing? We only got a snippet of a screen text.

I also think the "liar" conversation was a different day or even days prior to the gibberish text. Because when you continue a conversation via text, the date and time isn't displayed if it's happening all on the same day. Just the time is displayed. If the date changes, then the date is displayed. That "liar" text could've happened days and days prior. Unless someone has the time/date stamp of that text, we'll never know when that conversation happened.

I think too much emphasis is put on such a small part of a text and a what sounds to me sound like a tiny argument. If you read some of the things I text to my friends, you'd wonder if we're even friends. Lol. And God forbid something should happen to one of them cuz I would be suspect number one. We have some pretty horrific conversations via text, and we aren't even fighting. Just our sense of humor. If someone gets busy (takes a phone call, feeds the dog, etc) during a 'texting session' and doesn't respond within 10 mins or so, I actually write "oh I see u must've died" and send crossbones and flowers emojis.

I also think the "liar" conversation was a different day or even days prior to the gibberish text. Because when you continue a conversation via text, the date and time isn't displayed if it's happening all on the same day. Just the time is displayed. If the date changes, then the date is displayed. That "liar" text could've happened days and days prior. Unless someone has the time/date stamp of that text, we'll never know when that conversation happened.

But you can see the date and time -- click on the link I sent with the interview of Matt.

Does anyone have an actual link that mentions the "I'm driving" phone call? I have not seen or heard any mention of this in the local news. I have seen a lot about the date texting "goodnight cutie" at 10:19 and Joey responding "byeeee" at 10:28, and then of course the infamous "pocket text" at 1:22, but am not sure where the "I'm driving" response to his aunt's phone call fits in. I don't see mention of it in any local news articles/stories. TIA

From the first thread, post 22 there is a link to the "I'm driving" video. I can't play it so I can't verify.

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/family-frantic-after-26-year-old-man-goes-missing

In Columbus we are very sad. It's such a terrible event. We want answers <modsnip>

Does anyone have an actual link that mentions the "I'm driving" phone call? I have not seen or heard any mention of this in the local news. I have seen a lot about the date texting "goodnight cutie" at 10:19 and Joey responding "byeeee" at 10:28, and then of course the infamous "pocket text" at 1:22, but am not sure where the "I'm driving" response to his aunt's phone call fits in. I don't see mention of it in any local news articles/stories. TIA

I don't know if it's in print but in this link is a video where Joeys dad is speaking.
Joeys dad is describing events of that night and he states a friend called Joey and he told her he was driving. She replied ok, let me know when you get there safe.

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/family-frantic-after-26-year-old-man-goes-missing

I've not commented on this thread but have been following it, it's terribly sad about Joey.

Ah, eta, see Esse has already posted it. :)

I don't know if it's in print but in this link is a video where Joeys dad is speaking.
Joeys dad is describing events of that night and he states a friend called Joey and he told her he was driving. She replied ok, let me know when you get there safe.

I've not commented on this thread but have been following it, it's terribly sad about Joey.

Ah, eta, see Esse has already posted it. :)

Great minds think alike!

From the first thread, post 22 there is a link to the "I'm driving" video. I can't play it so I can't verify.

Thank you so much, Esse. There is no mention of the phone call in the article, but if you watch the video, right at the 1 minute mark, Joey's father says "a friend" called Joey 10 minutes after the nonsense text was received (so if that was at 1:22 AM, the phone call would've been around 1:32 AM) and spoke with Joey, who said he was driving. She replied, "OK, let me know when you get there safe." She never heard from him. Joey was last seen at Union between 12:00-12:30 AM.

Thank you so much, Esse. There is no mention of the phone call in the article, but if you watch the video, right at the 1 minute mark, Joey's father says "a friend" called Joey 10 minutes after the nonsense text was received (so if that was at 1:22 AM, the phone call would've been around 1:32 AM) and spoke with Joey, who said he was driving. She replied, "OK, let me know when you get there safe." She never heard from him. Joey was last seen at Union between 12:00-12:30 AM.

its all so sketchy. There's murder!

But you can see the date and time -- click on the link I sent with the interview of Matt.

Where is the date and time stamp for the "liar" conversation? I only see the date and time stamp when the gibberish text was sent.

I agree too. I will text "hey u there?" To test the waters; if they respond then they're ready to talk it they don't I leave them alone til they initiate a conversation.

Joey wasn't weak like that. He faced trouble head on and didn't hide behind his phone. Joey had a backbone.

I don't think it was drugs

Now that I can kind of visualize a timeline of when he was last seen at Union and when he last spoke to his aunt on the phone ("I'm driving,") I am leaning towards the possibility that he got in a car and went somewhere with somebody. If he had just popped out back or to the restroom to do drugs with plans to soon return to the table of his friends/family, I don't think there would be such a big gap of time between when he was last seen around midnight and the phone call after 1:30 AM. He left the table and more than an hour later was able to answer his phone. Seems like he went somewhere with someone.

Joey wasn't weak like that. He faced trouble head on and didn't hide behind his phone. Joey had a backbone.

It would not have been a sign of Joey's weakness. Rather, Matt trying to gage his anger.

Seems like he went somewhere with someone.

Agreed. And probably with someone he knew, either from the bar or through the app. There's gotta be a social media trail we aren't privy too. I'm betting there's a break in this case sooner rather than later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donwes
Back