GUILTY OH - Johnny Clarke, 21, & Lisa Straub, 20, murdered, Springfield Twp, 31 Jan 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has it been released if Lisa was the victim of a sexual assault? If she only had jeans on, I wondered why?

The toledo blade is reporting that authorites are holding onto their notion that this is a robery gone bad. They are looking into Johnny's criminal past. No mention of Tiffany's obvious connection what-so-ever. Sounds to me like they are barking up the wrong tree!

What time did the "pool party" end?

I just wonder if the COD will be something other than that indicated by the bags on their head?

What about the blood?

Clarke's mother Maytee was there when her husband found the bodies "and found Johnny tied up with hands behind his back and a bag over his head with tape all around it and he rips the back open, he touches his face, it's stiff, he can't move it. She told me to call 911 then he goes to Lisa and rips the bag off and she's tied up too and she's got like a pile of blood on the floor but a bag over her head and then dry blood on the side of her head."

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7938127

Here is some more information about Clarke's past and also info that the police see it as a robbery (of what is the question).

http://toledoblade.com/article/20110205/NEWS02/110209564/0/images

The question about the sequence of the murders is also being brought up. I believe that John was the first to be murdered with a bag. Hearing this Lisa would try to get away and most likely was hit in the head by the butt of a pistol. Then they murdered her.

At roughly 10pm eastern tonight the case will be 120 hours old without any leads or suspect information.

What time did the "pool party" end?

I just wonder if the COD will be something other than that indicated by the bags on their head?

What about the blood?

They never gave a time about the pool party or even identify who was at the pool party. John's mom gave the fact that earlier in the day they had a group of friends over to play pool. John, Lisa and Tiff might be the only ones that actually know who was at that get together. They should dust the cues for prints.

The CODs were both asphyxiation. The head wound was "not significant" enough to contribute to Lisa's demise.

The blood is something many people wonder about, I listed my opinion in a prior post but it may be central to understanding if she was conscience for most of this.

Is there a full version of all the 911 calls available. I'm interested in hearing the one where Tiffany actually makes the statement that she drove by and says the house was ransacked?

I understand that John's mother tells the operator of Tiffany's comments (and this is what is heard on the second call, but is only an excerpt)

has anyone heard the actuall 911 call where Tiffany speaks and if so where could I find that? I have only heard the edited versions.

Is there a full version of all the 911 calls available. I'm interested in hearing the one where Tiffany actually makes the statement that she drove by and says the house was ransacked?

I understand that John's mother tells the operator of Tiffany's comments (and this is what is heard on the second call, but is only an excerpt)

has anyone heard the actuall 911 call where Tiffany speaks and if so where could I find that? I have only heard the edited versions.

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=576342

SORRY, by the time I posted it looks like a few other people answered your question but here you go...

I believe I heard it here in middle of the second 911 call, it actually lasts to the end of the call.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to skip ahead and they are cumulatively about 15 minutes long. I recollect that the mother tells the operator about Tiffany, saying "This is the girl I told you about and she is going to tell you what she heard" and hands the phone to Tiffany.

Several of the WebSleuths pointed out that she approaches and addresses Tiffany in a manner that suggests she is suspicious of Tiffany.

At this point Tiffany, the mother, the cousin, the father and at least one of Tiffany's friends are at the scene. (There was something in the 911 call that tipped me off to the fact that Tiffany was around at least another person, not a relative, when the mother approached her to hand her the phone, but I can't recollect what it was)

Tiffany immediately says something along the lines of, "I'm out here and the mother keeps saying I set Johnny up." Tiffany then discusses what happened. But doesn't get into much detail as the two police cars are arriving on scene. Her statements sound innocent, and she isn't panicking or backpedaling in the call. She asks if she should give the phone back to the mother, and the operator responds that they should talk to the officers on scene.

It would be nice if there was a complete transcript available. Anyone find one?

I can’t help but think that Tiffany was involved to set him up so Johnny would walk out of the house at a designated time so the perps could meet him at the open door so as to not set off the alarm by breaking in. Tiffany called Johnny to say she was going to the store so wait a few minutes before leaving - ? It sounds to me like the perps were running behind schedule so that was her excuse to stall Johnny. Her story also makes it sound like he didn’t know them…probably not true, she’s just planting that seed. And as everyone agrees, why in the world wouldn’t she call 911 immediately? I think she intentionally waited to call anyone until after she knew the murders were committed and the perps were gone. She would have to know she would be thoroughly questioned by authorities and her calls traced, etc. afterwards so maybe her story is true but it raises A LOT of questions that hopefully the authorities are getting answers to but not yet sharing with the public. This is not a random burglary gone bad. They intentionally went to that house for a specific reason. Lisa’s parents confirmed there wasn’t anything missing. Stuff was gone through because they were looking for something specific (drugs, Johnny’s stashed money Lisa’s parents weren’t aware of - ?). The death by asphyxiation puzzles me but since there were injuries to their necks, I’m guessing they were choked until they passed out and then the bags were taped over their heads so when they woke up they couldn’t breath and died a slower frightening death. Gunshots would obviously be too loud in a neighborhood and knives, etc. too messy - ? It’s also too coincidental that Lisa’s parents had just left town. I try to separate Johnny’s past from this horrible incident but I can’t help but think his past has something to do with it. I haven’t heard/read statements from Lisa’s parents but it seems Lisa could have been a truly innocent victim to this. Although after a year, I would like to think you know the person you are dating. This is very tragic and my thoughts and prayers go out to both families. Whatever really happened and for whatever reasons, I hope the authorities sort this out soon and catch the people that did this and justice is served.

Sorry for the long post!

FYI

I haven't read all of the posts and I found this article that is a few days old. It may have already been posted, but it does give a little more in-depth info on the two victims from friends and co-workers and family.

fran

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110201/NEWS16/102010302

Father finds young couple slain

She said Miss Straub, a 2009 graduate of Springfield High School, and Mr. Clarke had been dating for nearly two years.

Mr. Clarke, a graduate of Bowsher High School, had been living with the Straub family for several months, Ms. Cromer said.

Miss Straub was a prenursing student at Owens Community College and had been employed as a server at T.G.I. Fridays restaurant on Bernath Parkway for about a year.

Mr. Verbosky, who is Rossford's fire chief, said his niece "always had a smile on her face and was always a nice, happy girl."

<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110201/NEWS16/102010302

{mod snip}

Welcome to all the new posters!!

Anyone can come on a public forum claiming they have connections with players in a case or special insight. If they want to post as such they need to be verified by the owner of the site. Their posts are usually removed until verification is given. It is up to each individual poster if they give credence to the posts.

Trying to finish reading the thread before I comment any more, but, so I don't forget:

-If JC was going out the door and talking on the phone, then his prints should be the last ones on the door handle (unless he was wearing gloves, or the perp(s) left through the front door.)

-If the Tiffany came over and repeatedly rang the doorbell, then her prints should be on the doorbell (unless SHE was wearing gloves)

-Why were there "parts" of a cell phone found in the house?

-What was the TONE of the statements made by JC to Tiffany on the phone, was he angry, shocked, apprehensive?

Did anyone else catch on NG last night where she mentioned a key being found under Lisa's body? (Sorry if this has been mentioned!) She only touched on it briefly and I thought she said was a key with #544 on it.....

Maybe the perps found the key and were trying to get it out of Lisa what the key was to..

I suppose the key could mean nothing, but it doesn't seem likely to me. I wondered if maybe one of the perps dropped it, or maybe if she was laying on it to hide it from them....I also wondered if it was like a house key or a locker type of a key.

jmo

SORRY, by the time I posted it looks like a few other people answered your question but here you go...

I believe I heard it here in middle of the second 911 call, it actually lasts to the end of the call.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to skip ahead and they are cumulatively about 15 minutes long. I recollect that the mother tells the operator about Tiffany, saying "This is the girl I told you about and she is going to tell you what she heard" and hands the phone to Tiffany.

Several of the WebSleuths pointed out that she approaches and addresses Tiffany in a manner that suggests she is suspicious of Tiffany.

At this point Tiffany, the mother, the cousin, the father and at least one of Tiffany's friends are at the scene. (There was something in the 911 call that tipped me off to the fact that Tiffany was around at least another person, not a relative, when the mother approached her to hand her the phone, but I can't recollect what it was)

Tiffany immediately says something along the lines of, "I'm out here and the mother keeps saying I set Johnny up." Tiffany then discusses what happened. But doesn't get into much detail as the two police cars are arriving on scene. Her statements sound innocent, and she isn't panicking or backpedaling in the call. She asks if she should give the phone back to the mother, and the operator responds that they should talk to the officers on scene.

It would be nice if there was a complete transcript available. Anyone find one?

Stolly thanks for the information, I did end up listening to all the 911 calls. A few things do come to mind especially as I wanted to hear what tiffany said in those tapes.

It is the mother that mentions that Tiffany said she saw ransacking of the cabinets etc - Tiffany never mentions that, but you would have to think if th mother has that level of detail then Tiffany must have mentioned it to her.

On the phone Tiffany sounds genuine in her concern for her friends. What interests me is that she says her initial call is to Lisa to organise them to pick her and her friend up, but she calls Johnny back to say she's going dowwn the street and to meet at the house - I would have thought if you'd just organised plans with your friend and you needed to change part of that plan you would ring that friend, not her boyfriend.

I also found it interesting that the mother was acussing Tiffany straight away of setting up her son and this is even before she found out what happened to her son.

I think this thing was planned because people knew he parents were out of town. I'm not 100% sure it was set up to cause a murder, but who knows. A normal robber/robbers would either flee the scene or attack the person straight away if they were discovered entering the house.

Mind you we have all heard of cases where therehas been home invasions and he owners have been murdered for no apparent reason.

If Tiffany did make those statements that she saw the house was ransacked and no-one else could see inside the house then she is defenitely involved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back