GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No arrest yet.... :(
Jonathan's photos struck me as being gentle , and maybe naive and too trusting of everyone ?
May justice be as harsh as possible !
Same here, LietKynes -- He looks so-o-o-o young and sweet and trusting. I don't want to think what may have happened to him while he was there and probably beginning to get scared. People can be so damm mean to trusting and possibly naive individuals.

We have seen so much of this type thing. And Jonathan is most likely one of those unfortunate folks.

That could very well be that POI decided to kill JM at some point in the morning, but even if he decided something then, I still think he waited till after the morning milking was finished before killing him, or he would have had to give his "toothache story" to the boss first thing in the morning so someone else could be called in to help milk.

ITA.

So he worked at the farm for years. I wonder how old he was when he started working there.

Good question. It said he worked there for several years. He was only 14, So he began working at the dairy at 8? or 10?

My cousins grew up next door to my grandparents dairy farm. I know they began working on the farm around 8 or so too. But it was their family farm.

Were the people who owned this farm close friends of the victim's family?

Good question. It said he worked there for several years. He was only 14, So he began working at the dairy at 8? or 10?

My cousins grew up net door to my grandparents dairy farm. I know they began working on the farm around 8 or so too. But out was their family farm.

SABBM

Good point, katydid.

I want to know why this happened and who else was involved, if anyone ??? :mad:

Jonathan's family deserves answers !

My cousins grew up next door to my grandparents dairy farm. I know they began working on the farm around 8 or so too. But it was their family farm.

I'm starting to think they were close friends. Maybe the families, rather than the POI and Jonathon.

What are the chances that a 14 yr old was having a heart attack though?
It is rare but not unheard of. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) - a number of famous athletes dropped dead on the court/field from it. Exertion plays a role. They're "dead before they hit the ground" is what our pediatric cardiologist said when my youngest was diagnosed. It is confirmed upon autopsy and is a silent killer.

I have so many questions and there are no answers.

1. Who really saw him last?
2. Where was he last seen?
3. When was he last seen?
4. How long had he been friends with the 29 year old?
5. Does Jonathon's family know the 29 year old?
6. How does a 14 year old become "friends" with a 29 year old?
7. How did a 14 year old boy end up dead, buried in a shallow grave 7 miles from where he was last seen? Was he driven there? Was he murdered there?
8. Is the property where he was found owned by someone known to the family, or to Jonathon?
9. Why hasn't the 29 year old POI been named?
10. And finally....what is going on here?

It just seems that we are all going in circles and there's this POI out there "kinda", that isn't co-operating, and hasn't been arrested. I really expected to see "Arrest" shortly after Jonathon was found. I am apparently missing something.

MOO, I fear Jonathon saw something, or became aware of something and he needed to be disappeared. With the limited info that we have, I can't come up with anything else at this point. I don't believe an accident happened. I believe it was intentional. MOO

It is rare but not unheard of. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) - a number of famous athletes dropped dead on the court/field from it. Exertion plays a role. They're "dead before they hit the ground" is what our pediatric cardiologist said when my youngest was diagnosed. It is confirmed upon autopsy and is a silent killer.

While I understand that it can happen. I don’t believe any innocent human being would bury a 14 yr old boy who experienced a medical condition. First call would be 911! Something much more nefarious happen to this young boy! Moo

While I understand that it can happen. I don’t believe any innocent human being would bury a 14 yr old boy who experienced a medical condition. First call would be 911! Something much more nefarious happen to this young boy! Moo
Totally agree! Medical events would prompt a 911 call and immediate life saving measures, no matter when you find them, 2 minutes or 2 hours afterward.

Some of the new information makes me even more confused.

So the obituary says that sweet J has been working at that family's farm for several years now.

I find that odd for a few reasons. Children often begin doing farm chores at young ages, when they live on a farm or their grandparents have a farm, etc.

But how often do parents send their kids off to do paid work on a farm, at age 10 or so? Maybe it happens more than I think it does?

But let's say he has 'worked' on this other family's farm for several years. If so, why didn't he ask them to call his mom when he had a toothache? He knew these farm owners for several years, so wouldn't he feel OK asking to use their phone if he felt ill?

Seems odd.

The other info that was new to me, was that JM worked on the farm the day before and then he spent the night there.

Did he spend the night with the POI at his place? n

I know I am highly suspicious because I am a survivor of child sex abuse----but I cannot help but wonder if something very awkward and uncomfortable happened that night, and it led to this ugly tragic ending.

Some of the new information makes me even more confused.

So the obituary says that sweet J has been working at that family's farm for several years now.

I find that odd for a few reasons. Children often begin doing farm chores at young ages, when they live on a farm or their grandparents have a farm, etc.

But how often do parents send their kids off to do paid work on a farm, at age 10 or so? Maybe it happens more than I think it does?

But let's say he has 'worked' on this other family's farm for several years. If so, why didn't he ask them to call his mom when he had a toothache? He knew these farm owners for several years, so wouldn't he feel OK asking to use their phone if he felt ill?

Seems odd.
I still have a hard time believing the toothache story. As far as him working at the farm, maybe he enjoyed the farm and was just helping out without pay. It could've been more of an entertainment to him. I wonder if his family has lived in Delroy most of his life or maybe at one time they lived near the farm and that's how he started going there. He liked to go fishing, is there a pond on the farm?

The other info that was new to me, was that JM worked on the farm the day before and then he spent the night there.

Did he spend the night with the POI at his place? n

I know I am highly suspicious because I am a survivor of child sex abuse----but I cannot help but wonder if something very awkward and uncomfortable happened that night, and it led to this ugly tragic ending.
I think it is what he saw or learned, i.e. a pot growing operation or something related to drugs. That would stand to reason based on prior drug offenses and, it would explain possible additional arrests, or a lengthier investigation.

Jonathan was obviously a loved member of the community, and both his missing and suspicious death have hit his family and friends very hard. Even the Sheriff seemed overcome with grief.

I'm not certain what to think about the obituary reference to JM working on the dairy farm for many years.:eek:

If this dairy farm is where JM met with foul play, possibly at the hands of his farm supervisor or son of the dairy owner, the family truly must have thought JM's dairy farm work was such a significant part of JM's life that it warranted being featured in his obituary. Is it possible that his older friend and farm family are also grieving the loss of their farm intern?

For the first time I'm wondering if JM didn't have a physical problem including heart issue that could account for his actual cause of death, and where the POI is guilty of panic and failure to dispose a body properly.

At age 14 -- JM could also have been experimenting with drugs, and possibly overdosed trying to overcome his toothache.

Just seems LE are waiting for preliminary toxicology or medical examiners report before moving forward, and not necessarily at a pace expected with a criminal act.

This may prove a larger tragedy than first thought. So sorry for his family and friends.

MOO

For the first time I'm wondering if JM didn't have a physical problem including heart issue that could account for his actual cause of death, and where the POI is guilty of panic and failure to dispose a body properly.

At age 14 -- JM could also have been experimenting with drugs, and possibly overdosed trying to overcome his toothache.

Just seems LE are waiting for preliminary toxicology or medical examiners report before moving forward, and not necessarily at a pace expected with a criminal act.

This may prove a larger tragedy than first thought. So sorry for his family and friends.

MOO

If someone has a heart attack or medical episode, it is hard for me to understand how you don't call 911 or attempt to resuscitate, especially on someone otherwise young and healthy and then to allow the family and community to wonder what happened for 4-5 days? I can't come up with a natural medical episode scenario that makes an iota of sense here.

But I agree that at a minimum, no matter COD, there was still a crime of covering up the death and I hope that LE has what they need to being closure here.[/QUOTE]

These are my opinions and speculation only from what I have gathered

1. Who really saw him last? It was likely the 29 yr old family friend that he was helping on that friends family farm MOO

2. Where was he last seen? most likely The Friends family farm MOO

3. When was he last seen? most likely sometime saturday MOO

4. How long had he been friends with the 29 year old? I believe its likely the families have been friends for some time. MOO

5. Does Jonathon's family know the 29 year old? its likely the families were friends MOO

6. How does a 14 year old become "friends" with a 29 year old? most likely through friends of the family MOO

7. How did a 14 year old boy end up dead, buried in a shallow grave 7 miles from where he was last seen? Last seen was a ruse by the friend he likely never left the farm where he was later found. MOO Was he driven there? most likely MOO Was he murdered there? most likely MOO

8. Is the property where he was found owned by someone known to the family, or to Jonathon? YES MOO

9. Why hasn't the 29 year old POI been named? still investigating and gathering evidence MOO

10. And finally....what is going on here? Like most murders I believe the where, who and how will be answered very quickly by LE. The why we may never know MOO

It may be that there were no evident signs of violence on his body, no stab wounds, no bullet wounds, no strangulation wound. No way the local medical examiner could declare a COD so his body was sent 90 miles away for more sophisticated toxicology testing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back