Found Safe OH - Katarina Bitterman, 17, Parma, 4 March 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well it certainly will be interesting to see what comes of this, although we may never really know the truth.
If this man drove to Ohio to knowingly take Katarina out of state to hide her in his home, he should've known better.
Obviously if they've talked online, the FBI would've been able to locate him through his IP address.

I guess once we get his name we can maybe see what kind of history he has- might get a better idea from that maybe.

Sounds like they might have found online communication- Cleveland contacted Boston FBI to go to the home I read. I'll get a link. I think the other article linked said this too- maybe it's the same one LOL

https://www.google.com/amp/fox6now....ear-old-ohio-girl-found-in-massachusetts/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because of the FBI involvement, the immediate arrest of the 19 year old, and, to a lesser degree, the loving boyfriend at home, I'm going to sit on the fence until we have more details. Doesn't seem like a cut and dried runaway case to me.

Glad she was found safe!

Because of the FBI involvement, the immediate arrest of the 19 year old, and, to a lesser degree, the loving boyfriend at home, I'm going to sit on the fence until we have more details. Doesn't seem like a cut and dried runaway case to me.

Glad she was found safe!

I'll join you up there on the fence. It seems likes there's something more to this case. We've seen time and time again how runaway cases are handled, which is starkly different than what we saw here.

Where's monkeypants????
She'd be happy to know Katarina had been found!

Kids talent show night....grrrrr

This is FANTASTIC!!!

It's rare to get these endings but it really did add up to a planned event...

Theoretica only. IF she went willingly, what would the crime end up being? Is having sex with a 19-yr old, at 17, legal, but not leaving with him?

Just wondering. Not implying she WAS having a relationship with him, or that she went willingly.

I'm sure FBI was tipped off by phone records . She had to have been talking to this guy for awhile. However , I would still think that she would have brought her phone along with her , if this was truly a consensual situation. If it was , I imagine that he would have called or texted saying that he was at the planned location to meet - that would have tipped off LE immediately. Even if she had deleted the text or phone call, it would have been able to be traced . If it was consensual and planned , they would have had to be communicating via cell. If that's the case , LE probably new this likely outcome from the moment they became involved .
I kinda feel bad for her - it's probably going to be quite embarrassing coming back to Parma and going back to school.

In Ohio, a 17 year old and 19 year old can have a consensual sexual relationship. That doesn't mean that there isn't an interference with custody charge or a kidnapping charge. Taking a minor across state lines charges usually are dependent on what the purpose of taking them across State lines is, ie in the commission of a felony or for the purpose of committing a felony. As to extradition, that's up to the police agency where the charges arose. Some jurisdictions don't want to bother sending personnel out of State to retrieve someone if it is a less serious offense than others they have on their plate.

What about Abduction rather than kidnapping ?

Sorry I'm blabbing- but maybe this is why her parents were immediately concerned ? Maybe they knew she had been talking with someone online ? MAybe they didn't approve of it ?
I would think that she would have confided with a close friend about this guy- hard for me to believe that a 17 year old would keep this a complete secret.

BBM

What did she do?

I can't find any details on how she ended up inSalem.

"A woman's heart is deeper than the sea." I forgot the exact word but the meaning is that you never know what a woman thought is. A quote from Tatanic. Anyone remember that line?

As a culture, I think we've gone little bit nuts here. Charging a 19 year old with criminal activity for being with a 17 year old.

The most conservative among us has read the Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingles Wilder. Maybe they should reread it to refresh their memories about the series. Can we agree that a 17 year old and a 19 year old being together isn't felony behavior that will ruin one of their lives, and leave the other scott free?

As a culture, I think we've gone little bit nuts here. Charging a 19 year old with criminal activity for being with a 17 year old.

The most conservative among us has read the Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingles Wilder. Maybe they should reread it to refresh their memories about the series. Can we agree that a 17 year old and a 19 year old being together isn't felony behavior that will ruin one of their lives, and leave the other scott free?

Yes, I agree. The facts you state aren't felony behavior. Perhaps there's more to the story?

So happy to wake to find she is at least safe. What comes next will be up to the LE/FBI.
If only all cases like this ended up with such a positive outcome.

So happy to wake to find she is at least safe. What comes next will be up to the LE/FBI.
If only all cases like this ended up with such a positive outcome.

Amen to that.

I can only think, since he is being charged, she was perhaps duped into going but found once she got there all was not as it seemed.

Yes
It is a shame if that's the true story. We just don't know at this point though.
If a 19 yr old boy wants to date a17 yr old girl,I don't think he should be charged with a crime.
But if that same boy kidnapped her, that's a different story and he should be charged.
I guess we will have to wait and see how it ends up although we may never know.

I guess once we get his name we can maybe see what kind of history he has- might get a better idea from that maybe.

Sounds like they might have found online communication- Cleveland contacted Boston FBI to go to the home I read. I'll get a link. I think the other article linked said this too- maybe it's the same one LOL

https://www.google.com/amp/fox6now....ear-old-ohio-girl-found-in-massachusetts/amp/

...maybe he is someone from her past that just recently moved away?
He could be a rso. Maybe charges involving her in the past?
Waiting and watching.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MOO

I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest the parents were aware that something was going on with their daughter and that would be reason they got so worried so fast when she didn't answer them. It all falls into place now.

I'm also going to suggest that this is an online hookup. My guess is that she knew she was meeting him so put the dogs out to give her some extra time but thought she would be back later that day. The phone stayed at home because he told her to leave it so her parents couldn't find her.

Since charges are being laid, I think the boy picked her up and drove her to Salem. Quite the drive. I don't think she was in for the trip and got in over her head.

JMO

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1649927091980129:0
9dc50c5d1f3397cd4c3652115fb5de0e.jpg

Wow, this is amazing! I'm so glad she was brought home safely:heartbeat:

I've always wondered what "safe" and "unharmed" means when a missing person is found. Doesn't tell us much about emotional state. Does "unharmed" mean no rape or just no life threatening injuries?

Anyway so happy for the parents who are overwhelmed with relief. I cannot imagine the roller coaster ride these folks have been through... RSOs, searching the reservations, etc..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back