OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it is just me, but I never think anyone would leave on purpose without their pet :(

I feel like if she was going to leave her pet she would leave food and water at least. Not sure the puppy even had that?

I'm curious to hear more about the mother. Scratch that, anything about KM's mother. I'm surprised that there really hasn't been anything (that I've seen) about her in MSM. Is she involved in KM's life at all? I'm not trying to be nosy, but I just think that it's strange how invisible she is.

This is the third case I've really followed on WS -- the first being Lauren Spierer, with a very visible and talkative mom, and then Celina Cass, with a mother who preferred to stay out of the spotlight, yet she still played a role in the story (as she lived with her daughter).

Katelyn was adopted and when she was 8 the mother got pregnant, Katelyn was close to her sister and dad BUT strained relationship with her mom. I know people who have volunteered at every search and never seen the mother.

I haven't seen any new comments on his Wall so am I missing them before they are deleted or do I need to be friends with him to see new comments by people other than him? The last one I see is him talking about missing her.

Someone on John Carter's FB initials KM, makes the same comment over and over, I find it creepy

I saw that too!!! It was in several places! the same comment by one person and response by KM
WEIRD

I think he talked about burning documents in one of his early interviews...it was included in some articles but then taken out of others...who knows...but you should be able to find a link here on the thread in the first few pages or so...

yes the burning paper comment has been redacted from all articles I could find. peculiar.

Katelyn was adopted and when she was 8 the mother got pregnant, Katelyn was close to her sister and dad BUT strained relationship with her mom. I know people who have volunteered at every search and never seen the mother.

well considering the Chief said all that had contact with her are POI's, would like to know what might be the reason for the strained relationship? Was this recent around the divorce, or going back a ways?
Why is Sheri A, Markham so silent?? Does KM have maternal grandparents and relatives? Where was SM that night???

oh that FB comment thing?? it was a comment on an album page and I think it somehow posted on individual pics on the wall- not sure but that is all I could come up with...so it looked like the comment was being posted over and over....well I think:)

You know, I've been following this case religiously and not once have I heard that he was burning documents that night after leaving Katelyn's. I found out on this forum and I LIVE in Cincinnati.

I think JC knew he needed to establish an alibi for that night and conveniently showed up at a friend's house.

This is what I think. I don't believe whatever happened to Katelyn occurred inside her townhouse. I think they had an argument and he dropped by to ask her to take a ride somewhere to talk things out or maybe they had plans to eat out. Regardless, I think the townhouse was staged to look as if she had been there all evening but the actual crime happened elsewhere.

I would love to know what was on her computer (that is, if she owned one). The cops would be able to dig into that hard drive and find out what really happened.

BBM

I have wondered the same thing about what was on her computer. I think she has to have a computer or at least an i-pad since she is in college. I do not think it is even possible to get through school without a cheap laptop these days. Even art school.

According to the Art Institute of Cincinnati, where I assume is the correct school, graduations are in Feb and July. So I am confused as to when she actually graduates.

JC's grandmother said she was working on a senior project (according to catalog, may be called the 'Book' and I thought JC said she graduates next month??

Seniors must do a Career Hunt Workshop- any jobs in Colorado???

Tuition for the full program is about 42K +books, etc- --were there loans???

Students are issued a Mac book Pro during 4t quarter and can purchase at end for $25-
SO she may have had a computer???

This maybe way off base, but does anyone know what she was studying at the Art Institute. I can't help but think that Lauren Spierer was studying Fashion Design and Cinncinnati is only about a 2 1/2 hr drive from Bloomington.

This maybe way off base, but does anyone know what she was studying at the Art Institute. I can't help but think that Lauren Spierer was studying Fashion Design and Cinncinnati is only about a 2 1/2 hr drive from Bloomington.

That gives me cold chills! I wonder if the schools had anything in commom. Instructors, suppliers, etc?

According to the Art Institute of Cincinnati, where I assume is the correct school, graduations are in Feb and July. So I am confused as to when she actually graduates.

JC's grandmother said she was working on a senior project (according to catalog, may be called the 'Book' and I thought JC said she graduates next month??

Seniors must do a Career Hunt Workshop- any jobs in Colorado???

Tuition for the full program is about 42K +books, etc- --were there loans???

Students are issued a Mac book Pro during 4t quarter and can purchase at end for $25-
SO she may have had a computer???

Linkedln
Katelyn Markham's Education
Art Institute of Ohio-Cincinnati
Associates, Graphic Design
2008 – 2010

Activities and Societies: AIGA Student Chapter; Graphic Design Club; Art Club; Student Worker

Did anyone notice that a 50 year old guy from Canada was either following her or she was following him on the Deviant Art site.

I only thought it was strange because of some of the art and attitude seemed to be slightly immature for a middle age man. JMHO

Did anyone notice that a 50 year old guy from Canada was either following her or she was following him on the Deviant Art site.

I only thought it was strange because of some of the art and attitude seemed to be slightly immature for a middle age man. JMHO

Can a link be posted of the site or is it not allowed on this board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila