OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A neighbor certainly would know when she usually goes outside to smoke if she/he were observant/obsessed enough.

Yup. Not sure why the cat wasn't mentioned. Was he an outdoor cat and wasn't there when he showed up at 7:00 - 7:30 but showed up later?

I must have missed it so can someone tell me how you know she had a cat? Are you talking about the cat in her Deviant page? Could it have been her father's cat and it left when he did?

Cat is mentioned in the most previous interview with JC (it's staying with him ATM).

This information was just mentioned on Nancy Grace's FB:

EXCLUSIVE! Tonight Nancy has special guest John Carter, fiancé of missing 22 year-old Katelyn Markham. Do you have a question for Nancy or her guests? Call right now: 877-NANCY-01

Hey guys, we've been following this thread since the beginning and are really trying to figure this all out. We live right down the street from Miss Markham's townhouse here in Fairfield...

Yup. Not sure why the cat wasn't mentioned. Was he an outdoor cat and wasn't there when he showed up at 7:00 - 7:30 but showed up later?

Cats are pretty independent pets and wouldn't need to be locked up and it wouldn't be as noticeable if someone were away from one for an extended period of time. Especially if they were usually in the habit of leaving a good sized bowl of dry food and a bowl of water down for the cat.

But it might explain why she'd feel the need to lock up the dog when she was out, whether it be in a bedroom or bathroom. The dog would likely eat the cat's food?

Or perhaps like someone mentioned, it was used to being outdoors and was out that night.

MOO

Hey guys, we've been following this thread since the beginning and are really trying to figure this all out. We live right down the street from Miss Markham's townhouse here in Fairfield...

:wagon:

Welcome ConcernedOhio. Looking forward to hearing your input on this case.

KP is the handle initials... Dern if I could figure out how I found it in the first place :\

This person is just one who's picture she favourited. I did notice that some of her other favourites were from as late as August 9, 2011. So it appears she was on the site recently.

MOO

Had she lived in that unit/condo a long time, do we know? Or had she moved recently?

:welcome:

It's great to have another local perspective. I'll be up north, jealous of your proximity to Jungle Jims! Glad to have you here.

After watching this I must say I might eat crow on this one. He is much more believable and not so "off".

I also found him very believable the first time I heard him interviewed (radio). Either way, I try to focus on the content of interviews, not on the way people strike me, necessarily. Gary Condit struck me as being as guilty as sin in Chandra Levy's disappearance, but he wasn't. lol

I don't find JC off-putting in himself. I also didn't think his use of past tense was (necessarily) damning, nor his mention of the 24 time period. I did lift an eyebrow at the deflections in his 911 call (we've been together 6 years, questionable people are right down the street, etc.) but again, that can also be explained as his nervousness, his trying to guess what happened, etc.

I lifted a second eyebrow upon hearing they'd had plans Saturday to discuss their move to Colorado with family, but cancelled because she was tired. And I lifted both brows quite high regarding the paper-burning incident. But, all of that could be unfortunate coincidence.

What I don't understand are the inconsistencies in the timeline and the gaps in his behavior surrounding his visit to her apartment, his reactions to what he saw and what he expected to see, and the delayed 911 call. But, there may well be an explanation for all that. In short, my mind is concerned but not utterly convinced when it comes to him.

While JC seems really a bit odd/unusual to me, we don't know what Katelyn is like, she may be very bit as odd and enjoy his "oddness"...who knows...

Is there a map out there anywhere that shows Katelyn's residence, place of employment, and school in relation to each other?

I just thought this KP was odd, however most people on DA are 'odd' - It's probably best on that site to look at her watchers, I think these are people who are looking at her stuff... just a tip?

Agreed. My daughter used to frequent that site until she came across some real creeps and I had to pull the plug on that. Stalker-ish types.

Yeah, the inconsistencies in his time line have made me wonder since the very beginning.... One minute he's saying that his "heart dropped" or something along those lines when he seen her car was there when he was getting to her house, and then at another time he says that she was supposed to have just been getting home from work at that same exact time, so why would that have worried him that her car was there if she was supposed to have been there? That seems strange to me....Btw, like i said before, we live right down the street from her townhome and earlier when we was driving by there was a couple vans out front and people were walking around out front with cameras and whatnot..they didnt look like media, who knows. I know we'll be watching Nancy Grace tonight though for sure.

A few of you have been noticing the similarity of this case and the case in England of Jo Yeates.

The focus of the media in that case initially was the landlord who was nothing more than a eccentric retired school teacher. He didn't seek any media attention.

The accused was a man who lived in an adjoining flat which was part of the overall building. He was known by the victim but only as being her neighbour, nothing more although their was some speculation as to him being known to her, as they worked in loosely similar fields, there was some speculation that he came on to her at an office party but this was not confirmed in the media.

What I'm quite surprised is just how cool JC is, about the whole thing.

On one hand he may be trying to put a positive and strong face in light of what's happening, then again a lot of people in the same circumstances may shy away from the media, and many who do go through similar ordeals are visibly upset. Some people can't face the media at all, and use a spokesperson on behalf of the family. So perhaps we shouldn't jump to conclusions...

Of course we may have a situation where LE know a lot more than we do, and perhaps details are already known to JC, again if this was really the case (and I don't think it is) I would assume JC would be more visibly upset. The fact he appears defiant is also quite telling. IMO

I've seen the recent video of him and while he appears down to earth and is justifying himself I don't see much emotion for his girlfriend, he appears more concerned about himself.

He is too cool in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member