OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to hear from LE. So many questions and no answers. They might be just letting him talk his way into something he can't talk his way out of or he could be totally innocent.

I'm really not sure. I do believe she had goals and dreams. I don't see that in him.

I don't understand why JC didn't use the hidden key outside to let himself into Katelyn's house or even break a window if he was forced to. And why didn't he just show up at David's bridal at 12 noon when most people figure her shift was supposed to start to see if she made it there safe and sound? Instead we have this guy wasting the whole entire day up until 7:00pm in the evening when he and Katelyn's father finally discover that she's missing? Then he calls 911! You mean we're supposed to believe that he wasn't sounding the alarm early in the day frantically calling family and friends when she didn't show up for work? I just don't believe that!

Not sure what you mean about the key, he states in an interview he used his own key to open the door.

I keep thinking about Scott Peterson remember how he was supported even by Laci's family and then you could see the family backing away from him and then the bomb shell he was a two timing dog and we know the rest of that story, he did interviews, he swore he would never hurt Laci.....blah blah blah

omigosh! I was just thinking about the Peterson case today too. I was thinking that the reaction I had to JC burning trash after midnight was just about the same as when I heard that Scott Pettersen reported he spent Christmas Eve alone fishing.

I just don't get this missing person's case....it's so different than what we're used to seeing the police conduct like in the Speirer or Morgan Harrington cases with the weekly press conferences, etc. What is up with that? I'm with the rest of you. Very strange that friends, and particulary Katelyn's family, haven't really stepped forward to give their two cents worth or to be interviewed. Do you think law enforcement has asked them to keep information to themselves because they might be called as potential witnesses in a future trial? Gosh...what if the information that her friend's have regarding their relationship totally contradicts JC's portrait of their loving relationship?

Does anyone think law enforcement is tailing JC?

It's also possible that she was NOT at home, for whatever reason, and DID have her purse & keys and maybe even her car with her. Then foul play befell her outside of her home, at the hands of either a known person OR a stranger.

That person could have detained her or dumped her somewhere, then simply brought back her purse & keys (and car if necessary) and left them at her apartment. Even a stranger could have learned her address from her ID.

It would have been a good "cover your tracks" move on the part of the perp, to make it LOOK like she vanished from her home, which would keep the searches focused on the immediate area.
Yes, but they would have to lock the door behind them, JC said he used his keys to unlock the door to go in. Things that make you go hmmmm,:waitasec:

JC also said that as soon as he opened the door he immediately rushed upstairs to find her.......ahem....

Did Katelyn not occupy other areas of the house except for her bedroom?

omigosh! I was just thinking about the Peterson case today too. I was thinking that the reaction I had to JC burning trash after midnight was just about the same as when I heard that Scott Pettersen reported he spent Christmas Eve alone fishing.

I just don't get this missing person's case....it's so different than what we're used to seeing the police conduct like in the Speirer or Morgan Harrington cases with the weekly press conferences, etc. What is up with that? I'm with the rest of you. Very strange that friends, and particulary Katelyn's family, haven't really stepped forward to give their two cents worth or to be interviewed. Do you think law enforcement has asked them to keep information to themselves because they might be called as potential witnesses in a future trial? Gosh...what if the information that her friend's have regarding their relationship totally contradicts JC's portrait of their loving relationship?

Does anyone think law enforcement is tailing JC?

This is being handled in a way I don't believe I've ever seen. I don't understand why the media hasn't interviewed anyone other than JC. You would think they would interview her father and her friends.

From all indications JC and Katelyn had the same friends so I'm not sure they would speak up publicly. Possibly they have spoken to LE.

I believe LE is loving JC talking to reporters. IMO he is their POI. I'm not sure where I stand on this but it doesn't look good for him.

I do believe she had reservations about going to Colorado. He mentioned if she had told him she didn't want to go he would have been ok with that. That bothered me because of the timing of the statement and because no one had asked him about it. To me he could have been telling in a round about way that she broke it off with him because she didn't want to go. That was my gut feeling when he said it.

I'm not saying he did anything to her just that I think she was backing away. jmo

It's possible the BF is coming off so poorly if he is trying to hide problems within the relationship, or deny them to himself...I just have no idea or even a feeling as to what has become of Katelyn...except that it appears her life was in some sort of transition, which may not be coincidental.

boy those FB pages
has any one or group told these 'search' groups how to search, what to look for, what to do if they find possible evidence? Are they keeping tabs of WHO is coming to search?Are some of these people aware that what they might find is not going to be pretty? Is LE just letting them tramp all over?? I mean I am all for searching , but it should be planned and methodical, organized, not all fubar

Yes, but they would have to lock the door behind them, JC said he used his keys to unlock the door to go in. Things that make you go hmmmm,:waitasec:

John did not check if Katlyn's door was unlocked or locked before he used his key to enter.

It's possible the BF is coming off so poorly if he is trying to hide problems within the relationship, or deny them to himself...I just have no idea or even a feeling as to what has become of Katelyn...except that it appears her life was in some sort of transition, which may not be coincidental.

I agree. She had been stressed according to her own writing in her online journal. Living with her father who made messes, working two jobs, going to school, trying to find enough time for JC. Didn't seem to have any "ME" time.

I think moving to Colorado was too much for her at this time in her life. jmo

She might have found someone she could talk to and that person might not have been trustworthy. This is all speculation.

I have been reading a statement analysis site and even though this is an analysis of Casey Anthony's interview with LE it speaks to JC using the past tense when talking about Katelyn

I had mentioned that when telling a story the person should be using past tense language. An exception to that rule is when talking about a missing person. Family members want to believe their missing loved one is alive and well. Therefore, when the person first disappears they will always talk about him or her using present tense language. When a family member talks about the missing person using past tense language they are revealing to us that they know the person is dead. Four times Casey refers to Caylee in the past tense. This is a strong indication Casey knows Cayless is dead. Many missing child cases are solved by listening to the verb tenses.

http://www.statementanalysis.com/casey-anthony/

boy those FB pages
has any one or group told these 'search' groups how to search, what to look for, what to do if they find possible evidence? Are they keeping tabs of WHO is coming to search?Are some of these people aware that what they might find is not going to be pretty? Is LE just letting them tramp all over?? I mean I am all for searching , but it should be planned and methodical, organized, not all fubar

I agree. But is LE doing anymore of their own organized searches ? It seems like they have abandoned that avenue.

I agree. She had been stressed according to her own writing in her online journal. Living with her father who made messes, working two jobs, going to school, trying to find enough time for JC. Didn't seem to have any "ME" time.

I think moving to Colorado was too much for her at this time in her life. jmo

She might have found someone she could talk to and that person might not have been trustworthy. This is all speculation.

I agree. And if they had been dating for six years then she had not really had any other serious relationships. I think that is why many college relationships break up because after graduation people feel ready to branch out a little, spread their wings.

I see evidence of KM doing so, with her internship at the art museum and her brand new photos showing a suddenly sophisticated, very beautiful young woman. I think her long time boyfriend,w/ a pizza delivery job, who everyone said was with her all of the time, everywhere she went, was more invested in her than she was in him.

I think the police chief said (earlier this week on radio show) that they had completed their searches and that they had covered the whole area, whatever that means.

I agree. But is LE doing anymore of their own organized searches ? It seems like they have abandoned that avenue.

I don't know- do you think they have a handle on it based on their methods, and are just keeping quiet, and maybe keeping tabs on someone...hoping they will lead them to KM? The Chief would not confirm or deny that they were watching JC for example. And he did say everyone who had contact with KM was a POI.

I really do wonder where her mother SM is in all this. KM indicated on her older blog that SM was, uhh, unstable....so I wonder HOW unstable.

Any chance any one of the other natural siblings was jealous of KM??(aren't there 2 sisters??) Her blog also mentioned something about the younger sister not wanting to be with the mom? Why wouldn't dad DM take sister from mom, if the situation and SM's mental health wasn't good??

Who had contact with KM that would want to disappear her??

I agree. And if they had been dating for six years then she had not really had any other serious relationships. I think that is why many college relationships break up because after graduation people feel ready to branch out a little, spread their wings.

I see evidence of KM doing so, with her internship at the art museum and her brand new photos showing a suddenly sophisticated, very beautiful young woman. I think her long time boyfriend,w/ a pizza delivery job, who everyone said was with her all of the time, everywhere she went, was more invested in her than she was in him.

She matured, had personal growth, and seemed to be a determined young woman. She might have been feeling like she was ready to be independent. She seemed to be taking care of everyone but herself. Picking up after her father, boyfriend with her every free minute. She probably felt like she couldn't take a breath without someone there.

I don't believe she ran away. Her desire to be independent might be why she's missing.

She matured, had personal growth, and seemed to be a determined young woman. She might have been feeling like she was ready to be independent. She seemed to be taking care of everyone but herself. Picking up after her father, boyfriend with her every free minute. She probably felt like she couldn't take a breath without someone there.

I don't believe she ran away. Her desire to be independent might be why she's missing.

I would like to know more about her graduation status. IIRC, she was just needing to finish her Senior Project to receive her degree. I think, if she was that close, she would not have run away right now. Maybe if she was flunking or facing a lot of incompletions. But from what I have read she was on track to graduate very soon.

Katydid, I am confused on her graduation status, too........I had posted this earlier-
According to the Art Institute of Cincinnati, where I assume is the correct school, graduations are in Feb and July. So I am confused as to when she actually graduates.

JC's grandmother said she was working on a senior project (according to catalog, may be called the 'Book' and I thought JC said she graduates next month??

She also has this on FB-Class of 2010 · Graphic design
She is a cashier as the school store.
What is she graduating from??? What project??

Did something happen to throw her off course, she didn't get to actually graduate on time, and the school is letting her 'redeem' herself???
I am really confused as to what she was really doing as far as school!

I don't know- do you think they have a handle on it based on their methods, and are just keeping quiet, and maybe keeping tabs on someone...hoping they will lead them to KM? The Chief would not confirm or deny that they were watching JC for example. And he did say everyone who had contact with KM was a POI.

I really do wonder where her mother SM is in all this. KM indicated on her older blog that SM was, uhh, unstable....so I wonder HOW unstable.

Any chance any one of the other natural siblings was jealous of KM??(aren't there 2 sisters??) Her blog also mentioned something about the younger sister not wanting to be with the mom? Why wouldn't dad DM take sister from mom, if the situation and SM's mental health wasn't good??

Who had contact with KM that would want to disappear her??

I am on the fence about that.[ BBM] Either they think they know what happened already, and so they are waiting to get the evidence in hand, OR they do not know, not even where to search right now.

Sadly, I lost a lot of faith in LE in the Hailey Dunn debacle. Thinking that they KNEW what happened and arrests were imminent, and now things feel ice cold.

That experience makes me kind of doubt this situation a little. Maybe they do not have any real solid idea and are just waiting and watching?

The family dynamic is odd in this case. I wonder if KM had reached out and found her birthfamily recently. Sometimes that creates lots of drama too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrewWA