OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read through the new KM FB page -- specifically the thread where KM's alleged cousin AM is answering questions.

The cousin says that KM's mom lives in the same town, yet she does not believe she has been involved with the searching. Does that seem odd to anyone else? Even if they have an awful relationship, a mother is still a mother. Even if she didn't desire to be in the media, I would certainly think she's been involved in the searching.

Unless, of course, she knows more than we do. Still, I find her role extremely puzzling and frustrating.

I can think of a number of reasons and none of them are sinister.

Physical or mental disability, chronic depression, drug or alcohol addiction.

JC's mom posted on the FB page that she had given info to Katelyn regarding how long you should keep tax forms and other papers. She said she read the info from an article...and she specifically said she had told her that tax papers only had to be kept 7 years and then could be destroyed. I made the comment on FB, "Katelyn had just turned 22 years old....7 years ago would have made her age 15. I doubt she had tax forms older than that."

And I do doubt it. How many tax papers would she need to have burned that were dated prior to her 14th birthday? I would say none. So the info that JC's mom gave really bugged me. PLUS, most kids I know who are 22 years old do most of their bill paying, etc, online. I am 47 and I do that. No papers floating around. Everything is on the computer when you need it.

Good points. Maybe there had been an identify theft or identity theft scare recently and so burning stuff was related to that? just thinking out loud.

Per the Today show clip, JC and KM stayed in and watched TV on that Saturday night.

Good points. Maybe there had been an identify theft or identity theft scare recently and so burning stuff was related to that? just thinking out loud.
I don't understand "burning" as means to destroy documents. Whatever happened to shredding?

Hmmm. Not able to edit my "List of Facts & Statements" post anymore, don't know why.

But I wanted to edit with a newly discovered fact. I see that KM posted on a friend's FB page at 10:42 the Saturday morning she went missing. Assuming that was really her, that cuts the 36 hour window I had hypothesized down to about 24 hours.

Just FYI.

Schoolgirl - You can only edit a post for a hour or so after posting. What you will have to do now is copy the post, paste it in a reply window and then add new info.
YOUR LIST is so good and helpful, we won't mind seeing it again!

I don't understand "burning" as means to destroy documents. Whatever happened to shredding?

A lot of people do this (burn documents rather than shred) if their local ordinances allow burning--there are environmental issues in having a fire. My area doesn't allow burning, so I have to shred everything. It would be so much easier to have a bonfire!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Katelyn-Markhams-Disappearance-Considering-Everything/156483891100350

There is someone saying they are KM's cousin on a new FB page Katelyn Markhams Disappearance Considering Everything, someone also sent the moderator of the site a private message and she says they were at the festival and fighting over JC spending $100 on raffle tickets, cousin says he's passed 3 lie detector test....I feel like if he's taken more then 1 he isn't passing them.....I hope I'm wrong.

So if this is true and they were fighting--also, according to the post, they were fighting over money a lot lately--then why does JC say there were no problems in the relationship lately? Kinda makes me wonder about JC. Just saying.

I'm thinking that I now know why the cyber crime unit is involved.

Katelyn had posted a msg as JC on his facebook page - so she had his log in details, stands to reason there is a good chance that JC had Katelyn's log in details for her facebook etc. -- seems to me there might be some reason for the police to believe that comments on facebook might not have been posted by Katelyn herself but someone posing as her.

Yes, they had a 'habit' of posting on each others pages or it appeared that way to me.

Ladies/teens reading here ---> that is too close, dare I say (with wisdom and age) a sign of enmeshment, IMHO.

Per the Today show clip, JC and KM stayed in and watched TV on that Saturday night.

Well we're getting a clearer picture of events leading up to her disappearance a little bit at at time. Unfortunately for JC this also does not bode well for him. More hours when he was the only person supposedly with KM. Still waiting to hear when the last person other than JC saw her.

MOO

Did KM ask JC's mom how long she had to keep her tax returns? If so, she may have told KM that she read where you have to keep them for 7 years.

Yes, they had a 'habit' of posting on each others pages or it appeared that way to me.

Ladies/teens reading here ---> that is too close, dare I say (with wisdom and age) a sign of enmeshment, IMHO.

I agree and if KM was completely open with JC about her passwords for social networking and other things, that limits the possibility that she was leading a double life, on the internet at least, in her own name.

You know I was at home the other evening and I randomly decided to mail a letter at midnight so that it would be picked up first thing in the morning. It's so rare that I would have to mail a letter that I really didn't think much of it. As I dropped the letter into our local mail box at the end of our street, I realized how vulnerable I was because no one knew I was going out to do that. So if some random person had nabbed me off the street, other than the fact that the door to my house was unlocked so I could get back in, they would have no idea what happened to me either. I didn't take my cell phone but then I wasn't in the middle of a text conversation with anyone either.

So because JC went into the home "with his key" before the police were called but doesn't know if the door was locked or not, LE are not able to ascertain whether the door was unlocked and the fact that KM was in the middle of a text conversation with JM might indicate why she had her phone with her if she was randomly outside for any reason. I'm sure that LE will be able to tell exactly what time she sent that last picture from her cell records even if it wasn't received until some time later.

I'd still like to know where the cat was. I could actually see her going outside to call for the cat considering the thunderstorm that was rolling through the area and taking her phone with her because she was still texting with JC. Maybe grabbing a quick smoke and looking for the cat around the back of the townhome. The fact that the phone appeared to be turned off and the GPS as well at exactly 12:45pm indicates to me that something happened to damage the phone at that time and not that both the GPS and the actual phone were turned off.

MOO

Kamille great points and I tried to get hubby to drive down to the apartment last night after dark with me because I want to see how dark the parking lot is.

It just occurred to me, if they had been fighting over money recently, and that Saturday evening, Katelyn might have been feeling more vulnerable emotionally, and possibly wondering if this relationship with JC was not going to last.

If that old allegedly crazy boyfriend was stalking her, he might have been hanging around the apartment complex waiting for JC to leave on Saturday night. He might have come over to the house and she might have let him in, in her possibly upset state of mind. Know what I mean? She might have figured, "oh well, the thing with JC isn't working out, might as well talk to this guy (crazy though he is)--maybe he wasn't so bad after all"?

Editing to add: this post is speculation based on rumors.

Is the crazy ex more than a rumor?

No, he's just a rumor at this point--so I suppose I shouldn't be hypothesizing based on this. I know that the rumors so far haven't been too accurate--escalating to the point where it was said that a body was found. NOT true. But when janitor (the websleuther) said her child knew of this crazy ex bf, somehow that seemed like it might be true.

When asked about an alleged stalker (who I am assuming might be this ex), JC more or less "pooh-poohed" the idea, but that could have just been a typical male response (unfortunately...no offense to the more highly evolved males out there). IF this crazy ex exists JC may be in denial about the guy's mental state.

:banghead: I don't watch a bunch of the type shows JC lists on his facebook, but they all seem creepy to me.

Does what he watches give us a clue about who he is?

Shows listed:
Dexter: plot described as: He's smart, he's good looking, and he's got a great sense of humor. He's Dexter Morgan, everyone's favorite serial killer. As a Miami forensics expert, he spends his days solving crimes, and nights committing them.

Tru Blood: Vampire mystery series based on novel series.

Breaking Bad: described as: The series explores how a fatal diagnosis such as White's releases a typical man from the daily concerns and constraints of normal society and follows his transformation from mild family man to a kingpin of the drug trade. (show logo says: warning extremely volatile a play on chemistry (think main character is/was chemist) and used the chemical element and atomic weights for BA (Barium) and BR (Bromine))

Weeds: described as: Pot-selling single mom turned danger junkie Nancy Botwin has been dodging disaster since day one, but she's always had a special talent for manipulating her friends, her family, and even the law to her advantage. And the more desperate things become, the more she's ready and willing to take desperate measures, no matter who she'll have to take with her.

and finally this one:
HEROS:
So, I was not really getting a feeling for what this show is about from their facebook about page (what I used for descriptions above) so I went to wiki to view a few episodes.......
This one caught my eye - given time of last text message
http://heroeswiki.com/Episode:Seven_Minutes_to_Midnight
This note struck me interesting too :

So, I don't watch any of these shows - but tossing this out there to see if this gives anyone an out of the box idea of anything?????

I guess since we really know so little about JC other than he delivers pizza, interviews horribly -- I am just trying to get into learning who he is and what makes him tick. So all just FWIW.

Show list taken from his fb page here: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000131426808

My husband's favorite shows include "Breaking Bad", "Weeds", "Dexter" :(
And he doesn't do any drugs or murder, as far as I know...
These are just very popular shows....
And the least odd thing about JC, IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230