OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone here early on said 5:58. I asked for a source on that and never got a reply. I don't think that person has even posted here again.

A news article said around 8 pm.

HOWEVER, JC says he went to her townhome to check on her at 7 or 7:30. When he found her missing, he "immediately" called "friends, family, police." I don't see why he'd say 7 or 7:30 if he called at 6. He'd have to know there'd be a record of that.

JC seems to have a real problem with time. :waitasec:

This plot thickens like Dickens.

(As far as I know, I just made up that saying. My English Lit profs would be proud, yo.

I just discovered some very significant info on the FB page of a friend of KM who worked with her. Again, this is information that law enforcement knows already, I'm sure. But we didn't know it and I think it's pretty startling.

1) This co-worker said that on Saturday the 13th, Katelyn worked a shift at David's Bridal until 7 pm.

Now we know what KM did during the day that Saturday, and that she was definitely seen by others besides JC, and that whatever happened to her could only have happened after 8pm or so on Saturday.

2) The co-worker said that on Sunday the 14th, Katelyn was a no-call no-show at work, and a cop called David's Bridal and said she was missing.

The co-worker posted this info that very same Sunday night; it was still the 14th. Assuming she is telling the truth about a cop calling, and I don't know why she wouldn't, the cop HAD to have called David's Bridal that same Sunday. He also had to call while employees of DB were still there, since they know why he was calling, and the place closes at 6 pm.

We know John Carter didn't call or visit David's Bridal, because according to his own story, he learned KM was missing when he went to her home at 7:00 or 7:30, and then he called 911 around 8:00. (A news story gives that time for the call.) If he'd contacted KM's workplace during work hours, then that's how he would have discovered something was wrong, instead of the story he always tells.

Therefore the cop's phone call to David's Bridal saying that KM was missing had to occur well before JC's 911 call reporting her missing!

In other words, JC was not the FIRST person to report KM missing and that is very, very interesting.

It's especially interesting because whoever reported her missing did NOT call JC and tell HIM she was missing.

Her fiance would be the logical person to tell first, but that did not happen. This makes me wonder if the person who reported her missing suspected JC of harming her, and told the cops so. Note that the cops didn't call JC either! They let him call them, hours later. Maybe they wanted to see how he'd handle the "discovery" of KM missing and what he'd say when he reported it.

I wonder not just who reported KM missing (Person X), but HOW they knew so early.

Possibilities:

1) Person X called David's Bridal directly when s/he couldn't reach KM via her cellphone, and was told KM was a no-call no-show, which was not like her.

and/or

2) KM was supposed to meet Person X on Sunday morning, maybe for breakfast before her noon shift, or possibly was supposed to go somewhere Saturday night but never showed. Her absence combined with her unreachability caused Person X to report her missing.

and/or

3) If Person X is her father or a friend who knew where she kept her spare key outside, maybe X went to her townhome and found what JC found later - Katelyn gone, but her car, purse, and keys still there.

Of these three possibilities, any could be true, or two could be true, or all three could be true, which is why I put "and/or" between them.

Then again, if Person X entered her townhome, I wonder why s/he left the dog locked in her bedroom where it could relieve itself and make a mess, if it already hadn't done so by then.

I suppose a demented stranger could also have taken Katelyn and then called to report her missing himself the next day, though I don't know why, or if such a thing happens often.

Now. Trying my hardest to give JC the benefit of the doubt in light of this new information, all I can come up with is that MAYBE his 911 call happened much earlier than the 8 pm reported in a news article. Let's say he called to report her missing at 5:30 or so, and let's say he somehow completely muddled the time, telling the reporter he'd gone to her townhome at 7 or 7:30 when he had really gone 2 hours earlier. This scenario would also make "She should be at work right now!" an accurate statement, instead of a bizarre one.

But no. You know what, it still doesn't work. Because if he reported her missing before 6 pm (in other words, making his 911 call the reason for the cop's call to DB, instead of Person X being the reason for it)... JC STILL didn't call or visit David's Bridal, which is just too bizarre.

"I can't find her anywhere," he told the dispatcher - but if he'd actually looked for her AT ALL during work hours, the first place he'd look is her workplace, where she was by all accounts supposed to be! And if he looked there and found her missing, once again, that violates his oft-repeated story of how he discovered her missing at her townhouse, not her workplace.

LE usually has on file a emergency contact number for a business. This number will usually be the owner or manager of the store in case an alarm goes off, if a door is found unlocked after hours or something like that. This could explain how LE would have contacted the bridal store after they were supposedly closed.

Do you recall what time the FB post was made saying LE had contacted them?

Where could I find the transcript?

The link to the article is somewhere in this thread and it is on the "Katelyn Markham Information" thread. It does not give a time. It is a transcript written in a news article. I just checked.

It was not only in a transcript it was in the video from one of the news stations and it started off showing the time the call was made and they had typed everything up as he was saying it. I do not know for sure that she was pregnat but there are a lot of indicators that would certainly indicate it is very possible. I will try to find the local news video and post it. Also she made refference to living in Kalamazoo MI which shows to me she was not sure about Colorado and this is per KM on JC fb page

It was not only in a transcript it was in the video from one of the news stations and it started off showing the time the call was made and they had typed everything up as he was saying it. I do not know for sure that she was pregnat but there are a lot of indicators that would certainly indicate it is very possible. I will try to find the local news video and post it. Also she made refference to living in Kalamazoo MI which shows to me she was not sure about Colorado and this is per KM on JC fb page

I saw the video too and it did give the time but I can't locate it now for some reason. Thanks for your help.

Do you think KM was feeling like she had "outgrown" JC? He lived at home with his mom. She worked 2 jobs and paid her bills. Them arguing about his spending seems like he was possibly irresponsible with money. Do you know if this was a new issue or ongoing?

And if it was a REAL police officer who called her employer to tell them she'd been reported missing, the officer most likely would have made a visit, in person, to the employer to get statements or more information from her manager/co-workers. I seriously doubt the officer would have just made a phone call to say "Oh, by the way, KM has been reported missing".

Couldn't the police call DB and ask the person who took the call (supposedly from the police officer), who she spoke to, if he gave her his name, which they would have done, if he was truly LE.

And then .... is there a PO with that name?

All though, perhaps someone could find out if the police ever did call DB?

Those stated above are not rumors...luckily enough i was smart enough to take a pic of the things john has put on his fb page via my ipod :)

As for her possibly being pregnant: I have never heard of not eating sushi and i am a mother. KM is young and prob never heard/thought about that. I believe she may have just found out mid/end of July so she would not have been far along and not made it to a gyno yet... Did she even have $ to pay for insurance with all her bills and school.

And as far as the poly not being taken it is FACT he has NEVER taken one from the PD! There are several other things that he has lied about but i can not go into detail because it IS an open investigation.

BBM
Respectfully, ANYTHING that is posted on FB is considered by WS to be rumors unless it has been confirmed by LE or by a recognized media source that has confirmed with an official source. Unless there is a link from a LE spokesperson stating that someone has NOT taken a polygraph, then that is most definitely a rumor as is EVERYTHING stated by random unknown and unidentified sources. For these reasons, anything taken as fact on WS is supposed to supported by links to a verified source.

Hmmm. Not able to edit my "List of Facts & Statements" post anymore, don't know why.

But I wanted to edit with a newly discovered fact. I see that KM posted on a friend's FB page at 10:42 the Saturday morning she went missing. Assuming that was really her, that cuts the 36 hour window I had hypothesized down to about 24 hours.

Just FYI.

This is kinda important... Did u contact LE????

IT DOESN'T GIVE THE TIME.

http://www.fox19.com/story/15295662...atelyn-markhams-disappearance?redirected=true

I'm really, really confused.

Has he taken a polygraph or not? Why would he lie about it?

I can't even imagine that he hasn't taken one. That would have been a first priority of LE in ruling him in or out as a suspect.

Just looking back at some early articles and in this one JC's mother apparently stated that KM could not text or take phone calls when working at the bridal shop.

She says Markham texted her son around midnight Saturday Night/ Sunday morning, but didn't respond to his texts on Sunday. Since she normally couldn't text or take phone calls while at her job at a bridal store, they waited until Sunday evening to try to contact, then went to her apartment and found her car and purse still there.

http://hamilton-middletown.fox19.co...ld-woman-missing-her-belongings-remained-home

Okay then, but the police chief, Dickey, when asked in an interview whether JC had taken a lie detector he refused to answer the question. If you are correct that he hasn't taken a polygraph, he must have refused LE's request to be polygraphed during his early interviews with the police. Maybe he took a polygraph through another source and that is the reason he is saying he "passed". This is very critical to find out.

Okay then, but the police chief, Dickey, when asked in an interview whether JC had taken a lie detector he refused to answer the question. If you are correct that he hasn't taken a polygraph, he must have refused LE's request to be polygraphed during his early interviews with the police. Maybe he took a polygraph through another source and that is the reason he is saying he "passed". This is very critical to find out.

I have to wonder what kind of person would be so bold as to go on national tv and state that he had taken and passed a LD test when in fact that is not the case and he has not taken the test at all. That just makes no sense to me. :waitasec:

I'm really trying to come up with alternate explanations here but it just keeps going back to something hinky around JC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay