OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not very facebook savvy but my family states that you can go back and delete posts from facebook if you so desire. I have been wondering about this because if you follow his posts on facebook he was a pretty regular poster. Then all of sudden there is a two to three week absence. It just got me wondering.

I'm sure the detectives are right on top of all this. If they are smart they are quietly building a case against him checking out any potential lead or any possible suspect including sexual predators in the area so that they aren't accused of "rushing to judgment" in the future.

I noticed the 3-week gap in FB postings a few days ago...not sure if it means anything but he posted at least a few times a week until then and she would post back to him. And then nothing from about 7/26 until 8/16 after she was already missing 2-3 days.

yes! I noticed the same thing on Facebook.

someone posted earlier that he lived right around the corner from her.

just remember that the detective said she has a wide circle of friends. that's a lot of people to arrange interviews with to find out what was on her mind as well as finding out from them what type of relationship she had with JC. I'm just wondering if he had a short fuse and that not all was peachy keen in their relationship.

I am trying hard to give John Carter the benefit of the doubt. I don't WANT it to be him who abducted her (and likely did worse than that); I don't WANT him to have been deceiving everyone all this time, letting the anguish of unknowing build up for friends and family, not to mention taxing the time and resources of law enforcement.

But for the life of me I cannot make any sense out of the timeline he himself gives, in the video interview and also in his 911 call. I just keep coming back to this, even if I manage to dismiss the rest of his oddness as personality quirks plus stress.

In the 911 call, he said, "Her car's still there - she would be at work right now with her car, which is why I'm like really freaking out." And in the interview a few days later, he echoes this: "Her car was still there - that made me worry, because she should be at work." (minute 1:11)

But later in the same interview, a reporter asked "When did you go over to her townhouse to check on it, and found the dog and everything?" and he replied, "Around 7:00, 7:30." Reporter: "The next day?" JC: "Yeah, because she was supposed to get back from work at around 7:00, 7:30." (minute 6:41, emphasis mine)

How can he expect her to BE at work (and freak out because she's not), and yet expect her BACK from work, at the same time?

I'm wondering. How does this strike those of you who believe the fiance is uninvolved in her disappearance?

Video interview:
http://www.wlwt.com/video/28919234/detail.html

911 Call:
http://www.fox19.com/story/15295662/police-release-911-call-reporting-katelyn-markhams-disappearance

I have to admit ---> every time I see a crime/case where an attached building is involved, I think about the cases of rape and abductions where the perpetrator has entered via the attic crawl space --- I always wish I could just see the attic blue prints to know if the structure is such that this is possible. I always tell myself, Junkie dear -- the cops check that so don't go there..........but I always do.

OMG...that is creepy and scary that someone could enter another apartment through the attic.

For me right now, the texts between them are key to all of this.I bet LE knows tons just by what was or wasn't in those texts. So she sent a picture. Was it part of conversation? Did he respond?

"Ha ha, I love you. Have a good night" "Talk to you tomorrow" Anything??

What is their typical correspondence? Back and forth constantly? Or a little more subdued? When I see someone photographed in a social environment with a phone in their hand, I think "texter," but who knows. I'm sure investigators are learning a lot though. Did he really text her frantically all morning, or did he just say he did? At one point did he become alarmed?

He did mention at some point on a fbook post that he "wishes she would pick up her phone" while she was at work (paraphrased), so it does sound like he was used to being in contact with her during work days. I wonder how often he really tried to get ahold of her that morning - only phone records will tell for sure.

I just finally caught up with the case and listened to JC's interview.

I don't really see anything too weird about him? Just seems like a pretty vocal guy. Their relationship seems really healthy too.

Is he really everybody's prime suspect?

I don't see too many discrepencies in his statements. Of course there are some mishaps, but I can only imagine he's overwhelmed right now.

Didn't LE mention that Cyber Crimes was working the case, or was that just someone here suggesting it...
I too think that phones and texts and pings will be crucial...

I think KM not texting JC really isn't that big a deal, unless they had a regular texting routine. I'm 23 years old and (respectfully) disagree with posters who believe people my age are "always" texting. (This isn't the only WS case where I've seen this stereotype.)

If KM and JC had a regular texting routine, then yes, I do think that her lack of texting should have caused early alarm. But, if they were just occasional texters, then no big deal (or, in text talk, nbd, haha).

For example, I've been dating my boyfriend (who's 25) for two years. We don't live together, but spend most nights together. When we leave for work, we know each other's schedule for the rest of the day. For example, he might tell me that he's going to workout after work and then call me when he returns, around 7.

On occasion, I'll send him a text while I'm at work and he usually responds within a few hours, but if he doesn't, I don't become alarmed. Vice versa, as well. But on most days, we don't text. We see each other daily, so if we have anything to say, we prefer to do it in person, since texting is so impersonal.

HOWEVER! I recall a couple of occasions when he told me he would call around 7 after working out and he didn't. On those occasions, I tried calling him beginning at 8, and around 9, when I didn't hear from him, you bet I drove to his apartment to see what the heck happened!

Both times, it turns out he decided to take a quick nap between work and exercise and ended up falling into a deep sleep. Phew! :D

JMO!

OMG...that is creepy and scary that someone could enter another apartment through the attic.

A friend of mine lived in condos where there were about six, all connected in the basement by crawl spaces. You could not have paid me to live there!

Didn't LE mention that Cyber Crimes was working the case, or was that just someone here suggesting it...
I too think that phones and texts and pings will be crucial...

It came from MSM.

Local 12 has also learned that the cyber crimes unit of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI) is now working with Fairfield Police as they try to find Markham.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...g-Fairfield-Woman/Hb8WfZ0rpkuNpRRLpddC-w.cspx

Ooo, if you go to the Katelym Markham missing page (Facebook), there is a new search scheduled (tomorrow [Thursday], 5 PM, Girlmore Pond) and information about where searches have been done. They also encourage suggestions.

Ooo, if you go to the Katelym Markham missing page, there is a new search scheduled (tomorrow [Thursday], 5 PM, Girlmore Pond) and information about where searches have been done. They also encourage suggestions.

But no searches organized by LE, Katelyn's family or the community all done from JC's enforcers. Something isn't right.

I just want to say again, KUDOS to the FF PD for keeping this investigation close to the vest. I have ALL the faith in the world that they are doing EVERYTHING to find her whatever the situation may be BUT knowing this group of men and women like I do their silence is making me think they know A LOT and they are just waiting. If public safety was an issue I have heard from some police officer's wives that the PD would be sharing their concern with the community that the safety of the community would be front and center if they were worried that sick random sicko was out there.

I agree, kudos for not turning this into a media circus and just diligently working at solving the case. I've never heard anything bad about Fairfield law enforcement - they are living up to their good reputation with this case.

Well, at least we hope there is lots going on behind the scenes. On the radio show yesterday or was it Monday, the Chief of Police basically said they have no idea what happened to her and are open to anything.

Yep- everyone that was in contact with her is a person of interest now, according to the chief. So who wanted to hurt her?? Someone jealous? Someone not who she thought they were?? Did she have a tendency to befriend 'strangers'? What about co workers , fellow students?

I read the whole thread. At first I didn't want to think another husband or boyfriend taken another woman life.

I see so much Mark Hacking in this guy. The different is Mark show more emotions than this guy. So many red flags in his video interviews.

Really burning docs....hmm if this was her habit I would think she would invested in shedder. To me he covering his butt for being seem burning something. maybe a dear john letter :waitasec:

I really never heard what what was in Colorado...was a job offer? Family?

His facebook I read just kind weird to me. not sure what about his posts that bug me.

I agree with the another poster he could took the photo off her phone and send to his self.

sorry to many red flags:banghead:

JC has some 'juggalo's' on his myspace- granted it hasn't been an active site....but those juggalos/Insane Clown Posse give me the creeps

Random thoughts & facts as we know them:

She lived with dad.

Dad was moving out to allegedly move in with his gf.

Dad wasn't home that night.

Katelyn & bf planned to move to Colorado in October but postponed to November.

BF says Katelyn wasn't being "forced" to move to Colorado.

Katelyn too tired to talk about the move and decides she wants to go to sleep.

Fair happening not too far from her home.

BF lives close by.

BF burns documents.

Text received by BF from Katelyn's phone. A picture of a picture.

Katelyn doesn't show up for work.

BF texting and texting. No reply.

BF calls 911.

BF and family at apartment.

Dog was locked in her room.

Purse, keys at home.

Cellphone missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online