OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if her sending her boyfriend away, not wanting to deal with talking to parents about the move, etc...were unusual for her...maybe she was fed up with her life the way she kind of was in 2007 when she wrote in the online journal...wanted to get away from it all...who knows...

Just thinking about the phone and the GPS being turned off and I was wondering if this would appear to be the case if the phone was destroyed or altered. Perhaps the battery or sim card was removed at this time? Could they tell if the phone was simply turned off or would either of these things make it appear that way also?

Wait a minute...what the heck? In the first paragraph he says he burned the papers. In the second paragraph he says the papers are all "still there". Does anyone else see a glaring contradiction here? !! Or am I reading this wrong?

I found this odd from the beginning, makes me wonder if he said he was burning "important legal papers" and then when they get in her apartment they find her bank statements, credit card statement etc., still there so he had to go into detail and that's where the school schedules and whatever else he claimed because the police and her dad have found her "important papers" and they aren't burned in a fire pit.

Not sure if anyone else local mentioned it, Chief Dickey was on 700 WLW today and refused to answer if JC passed a polygraph. It'll be on the pod cast later it was at 2:06 so the second hour of the show. Why would a police chief not tell if a man passed a poly graph????

I wonder if her sending her boyfriend away, not wanting to deal with talking to parents about the move, etc...were unusual for her...maybe she was fed up with her life the way she kind of was in 2007 when she wrote in the online journal...wanted to get away from it all...who knows...

I think some of her behaviours that day/evening are important too cluciano63. Was it unusual for her to do these things? Does her boyfriend usually stay over for the night, especially when she's going to be alone? I hope LE has been able to get information regarding things she may have been doing or people she may have been associating with without her boyfriend's knowledge prior to her disappearance.

MOO

So many of these cases involve questions about phones...and yet there are never any definitive answers...what police can do, what the phone companies can track etc...very frustrating...

Not sure if anyone else local mentioned it, Chief Dickey was on 700 WLW today and refused to answer if JC passed a polygraph. It'll be on the pod cast later it was at 2:06 so the second hour of the show. Why would a police chief not tell if a man passed a poly graph????

Well he was supposed to have taken it a couple days after the disappearance. I'm sure the article about him saying everyone who's been in contact with her being suspect came out after that time.

MOO

I found this odd from the beginning, makes me wonder if he said he was burning "important legal papers" and then when they get in her apartment they find her bank statements, credit card statement etc., still there so he had to go into detail and that's where the school schedules and whatever else he claimed because the police and her dad have found her "important papers" and they aren't burned in a fire pit.

Well I have to say that I'm notorious for keeping paperwork. And after about 20 years of doing this, most of my paperwork would fit into an average sized rubbermaid container. How much paperwork could a 22 year old girl who didn't own her own home have? I thought I read somewhere that it was too much to just tear up. :waitasec:

I agree. My kids send pictures to their friends and their bf's/gfs ALL day long it seems. If they see something silly or weird they snap a quick photo and press send.

About her phone being OFF though. She was home all alone and going to bed. I know my daughter keeps hers on , even while charging, just for safety's sake. But she has no landline in her apt. I wonder if they had one in the Markham condo?

But if, like you described, she turned it off to charge, and then went to bed, then how did she go missing, with no signs of a break in? It seems so odd.

His sister said that KM never shuts the phone off...and she is very attached to it. I believe she said that on the missing FB site.

Think about your circle of friends. What if you appeared at the home of one of your friends and ask to use their fire pit in order to burn some trash. How do you think they would react? Better yet, unless it was an emergency of some kind, would your friend appreciate it if you showed up at their home at midnight and then ask permission to burn trash?
And what else did he possibly burn in that firepit? seems very strange to me imo

Well he was supposed to have taken it a couple days after the disappearance. I'm sure the article about him saying everyone who's been in contact with her being suspect came out after that time.

MOO

On the Missing FB site there is many postings earlier today that said the took one and passed it. They also were quoting him as saying that.

The whole evening sounds strange to me...he says she had to get up for work, but then I read that David's did not open until noon-did she work somewhere else in the morning, on a Sunday? And that she cancelled their plans to talk to his parents about the move? And sends him off with stacks of her important papers to burn at 11pm on a Saturday night? And then starts texting him and sending him photos?

It almost sounds like she was preparing to leave in some way...and I don't mean to Colorado in November or whenever...

Thank you. How far is the Sacred Heart Church from her townhome? Would it be the norm for people to park on her street and walk to the festival?

Sacred Heart is right down the the street (River Rd.) from her house, not far at all. I guess it would be common for people to maybe park around her neighborhood there and walk on down. I mean it IS true, that whole weekend that the festival is going on, its really busy around this area here in Fairfield. You see alot of people walking around the area. (alot of kids/teenagers it seems) and late too... The festival goes till midnight Friday and Saturday of that weekend.

IF she left on her own...I can see putting the dog in her room, thinking her dad would be home soon and would find him/her...wonder if the dog and cat got along, or if it was not a good idea to leave the two animals together...where the cat was, etc...

Sacred Heart is right down the the street (River Rd.) from her house, not far at all. I guess it would be common for people to maybe park around her neighborhood there and walk on down. I mean it IS true, that whole weekend that the festival is going on, its really busy around this area here in Fairfield. You see alot of people walking around the area. (alot of kids/teenagers it seems) and late too... The festival goes till midnight Friday and Saturday of that weekend.

That is another reason why it doesn't make sense that no one who may have been in the area appears to have come forward to say they saw her or anything else suspicious like someone lurking around the area of that back driveway. This all apparently happened right around the time when people would have been leaving the festival and making their way home either on foot on in their cars. I wonder if anyone, neighbours included, have come forward to say that they saw JC and his vehicle leaving the townhome that night?

MOO

JC said she was in bed when he left her so something compelled her to get out of bed and leave the house. So what was it?

janitor, could you give a link to John's interview regarding KM being in bed when he left her? I didn't see this mentioned anywhere before. tia.

On the Missing FB site there is many postings earlier today that said the took one and passed it. They also were quoting him as saying that.

Yes JC did say on NG that he had taken a polygraph a couple days after KM disappeared and that he had passed. However I believe it was Chief Dickey who said that everyone who had been in contact with KM was still a suspect in an interview after that supposed polygraph was taken.

MOO

They are able to retrieve them from the phone even if they have been deleted. They are on the sim card. Like retrieving deleted information from a computer.

some cell phone providers use sim card technology in their phones and some do not. for instance, At&t and t-mobile uses them, verizon and sprint do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila