OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wlwt.com/r/29029198/detail.html

The Texas EquuSearch Group will begin helping search for Katelyn Markham at 8 a.m. Thursday.

Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/news/29029198/detail.html#ixzz1WZPxJlMN
Thanks for the link Jo-

snipped-"He said he expects as many as 500 to 600 people to eventually join the search."

Really??? Do they really get that many people to show ID and join their searches?? I wonder if those who have been searching will join in this TES effort.

Answer to a few questions previously asked:

She had a small mixed breed dog named Murphy
The last time he was her was on Saturday between 11 - 11:30 PM
She sent him a picture of a picture of her at 12.52 PM you can see the picture on Thread 1 Post # 1283

She was only scheduled to work at David's Bridal on Sunday

A recap of events can also be read on Thread 1 Post 1286. Poster Kamille

Hope this answers a few questions.

Yes, if JC is telling us the truth and is not the one responsible, then it is possible the person was in her apartment the entire time (hidden in closet or in attic) and was just waiting for him to leave. Her and dog fall asleep and he pounces

If that's true (that is, that JC is being honest), then she was up and on the computer at 12:42 am leaving an FB comment, and then presumably sending him her final text, the picture of a picture. Then SHE had to turn off her phone and/or take out the battery (I'm still confused on the tech stuff). Then she had to fall asleep, and then the person had to pounce.

So she'd have to do something unusual for her (turning off her phone) at the same time JC was doing something unusual (burning her papers, in the rain). All on the night she vanished. That would be pretty strange... however, just because something is strange doesn't mean it's impossible.

Thanks for the link Jo-

snipped-"He said he expects as many as 500 to 600 people to eventually join the search."

Really??? Do they really get that many people to show ID and join their searches?? I wonder if those who have been searching will join in this TES effort.

Dave Rader of the Star Search team is helping Miller's team. He said he expects as many as 500 to 600 people to eventually join the search.

Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/news/29029198/detail.html#ixzz1WZicdTvQ
Possibly with Star search team and TES and all the town people, who will probably come out in droves, because TES is there, won't be surprised if they have more than that.

Sorry, facebook is showing me different times and dates, could be wrong.

Facebook shows your local time, so if you're anywhere but Eastern time zone, you'd need to adjust for the difference to see when the message was sent in local (Ohio) time.

Dave Rader of the Star Search team is helping Miller's team. He said he expects as many as 500 to 600 people to eventually join the search.

Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/news/29029198/detail.html#ixzz1WZicdTvQ
Possibly with Star search team and TES and all the town people, who will probably come out in droves, because TES is there, won't be surprised if they have more than that.

One drawback is going to be that temps are supposed to be 92 on Thurs and 95 on Fri. I was considering going up but changed my mind as I can't do it in the heat.

Tim miller is awesome and does amazing things for people .Does anyone know what his recovery rate is I have heard that does find the person alot but its just that a recovery of a deceast person So im just wondering ,Out of curiosity has he ever found anyone alive?

But if that's true (JC being honest), then she was up and on the computer at 12:42 am leaving an FB comment, and presumably sending him her final text, the picture of a picture. Then SHE had to turn off her phone and/or take out the battery (I'm still confused on the tech stuff). Then she had to fall asleep, and then the person had to pounce.

So she'd have to something unusual (turning off her phone) while JC was doing something unusual (burning her papers). All on the night she vanished... it'd be strange. However, it IS possible.

I believe the person knocked on the door, she answered it thinking it was JC, he took the phone, removed the battery and threw it somewhere

or he used the key outside and came in on her. She might have gone downstairs when she heard the door, closed the bedroom door as she left, and he might have grabbed her and taken her. No struggle if he got her quickly with a knife at her throat.

Tim miller is awesome and does amazing things for people .Does anyone know what his recovery rate is I have heard that does find the person alot but its just that a recovery of a deceast person So im just wondering ,Out of curiosity has he ever found anyone alive?

I saw some on his website that were found alive but it didn't say he/his team found them. Quite a few his team had found deceased and some still missing.

He had several they had already searched for but were planning to do another. From all I have heard he has a good success rate but I don't know the percentage. I'm just glad he is doing this search.

TES has the best equipment...but they can't find everyone...they did do a search for Lauren Spierer, as well Amy Ahonen in CO. and Paige Johnson in KY, all still missing. Hope if Katelyn is in the area, they can find her.

In the photo of her back door taken by a poster here, the blinds at the TOP of the window appear broken. I seem to recall seeing a shot of the same (?) window with blinds at the bottom broken (maybe it was in a video, from very early on in this case). It was suggested that maybe the dog broke the blinds... but could a little dog really reach up to the top of the window like that? Just something that has stuck in my head...

In the photo of her back door taken by a poster here, the blinds at the TOP of the window appear broken. I seem to recall seeing a shot of the same (?) window with blinds at the bottom broken (maybe it was in a video, from very early on in this case). It was suggested that maybe the dog broke the blinds... but could a little dog really reach up to the top of the window like that? Just something that has stuck in my head...

She had a cat too and I know for a fact that a big one (which hers was) could definitely cause that kind of damage. Replaced quite a few in my day because of my kitties! :)

Also I wonder who took all the photos of KM on her deviantart page... the ones for her "color" project especially seem to be pretty high quality. Maybe the same photographer/boss?

I believe the broken blinds (at the bottom) were at the front of the house. Possibly in the front bedroom.

I don't think the dog could have broken the blinds at the top. Its a small dog.

I believe the broken blinds (at the bottom) were at the front of the house. Possibly in the front bedroom.

I don't think the dog could have broken the blinds at the top. Its a small dog.

Ok, if the other broken blinds were on a different window that would likely mean that it was a recurring issue (like a cat) rather than a sign of struggle. And I am sure that if it was out of the ordinary, JC would have made mention of it at some point. It just struck me as creepy!

I hope no one ever has to look for signs of struggle in my house...my lone cat has made his presence known at every window; drapes or blinds are just a mess on the side facing into the house...

I hope no one ever has to look for signs of struggle in my house...my lone cat has made his presence known at every window; drapes or blinds are just a mess on the side facing into the house...

You should see my neighbor's curtains. They are shredded. From outside they look like the 60's beads hanging down! She gave up and removed the blinds.

I told her to get wooden shutters. I've had a lot of cats but I've never had one do that. My friend had the problem with her furniture and she put aluminum foil around it. It broke the cat! Go figure????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak