OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cricket phones are expensive, as are most pay as you go, because contract phones cover the cost of the phone in the monthly payments, but pay as you go, they need the cost of the phone up front.

I did not hear anything about what kind of phone he has. I think what Joe was saying makes a lot of sense. If it was a phone call though and not a text, there isn't a way of knowing what was said, just that it happened. If the other person/whoever sent the text, had a pay as you go, maybe I've seen too many law and order/sopranos, but they wouldn't know who that was from the records, right? Maybe they've changed that though. Maybe they would see what the text was or that someone called, but not know the name on the account if it's still how it used to be.

In some of the videos, JC has shown his phone to the cameraman in an attempt to show the picture that KM supposedly sent him- some sort of LG model.

I went to www.phonescoop.com, looked up Cricket under carriers and found this:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3080

Its the only LG model they carry (at least according to the site), and looks like the one I've seen him waving around in a couple interviews.

It does have GPS.

My uncle has that one, he's with virgin, I know t-mobile carries the same model (I was shopping for phones/carriers recently.) On my phone (HTC Thunderbolt) under GPS settings, it says E911 location cannot be turned off on any mobile cellular phone. I thought that was the case (hence why I said in my first post it can only happen if the battery is out of the phone/possibly dead)

edit: virgin mobile, pay as you go. t-mobile, both contract or pay as you go.

You make an excellent point, Baa... since Cricket is pre-pay (my friend has to pay up front for a month of service)... I wonder exactly what kind of information they could get.

Cricket phones are expensive, as are most pay as you go, because contract phones cover the cost of the phone in the monthly payments, but pay as you go, they need the cost of the phone up front.

I did not hear anything about what kind of phone he has. I think what Joe was saying makes a lot of sense. If it was a phone call though and not a text, there isn't a way of knowing what was said, just that it happened. If the other person/whoever sent the text, had a pay as you go, maybe I've seen too many law and order/sopranos, but they wouldn't know who that was from the records, right? Maybe they've changed that though. Maybe they would see what the text was or that someone called, but not know the name on the account if it's still how it used to be.

Just a thought- even with her phone records, it might be impossible to tell who called or texted.

I have an older Blackberry and can change a setting so my caller ID is always restricted; it'd be pretty easy to do the same with an Android or even just a basic smartphone.

If your Caller ID is restricted though, wouldn't the cell company themselves have records of WHO called, it's just that it comes through restricted on the receiving end?

Also, I'm with Boost Mobile (similar to Cricket but better prices, ftw). :)

Its a prepaid service, and for the life of me I haven't been able to figure out how to access old texts and emails even through the admin privileges on my account. Haven't talked to customer service yet, but its possible that prepaid companies might not keep records like that.

Not sure about that though, I can always contact Boost and see what they have to say on that if people are interested?

@Ronso- good question, I might have my bf put his phone on restricted and call me tonight to see if that's the case.

I wonder if LE checked out the fire pit JC supposedly used to burn the documents that night. IIRC he said he was using a friends fire pit, but I don't recall if the friend was present at the time. If so LE could easily verify with the friend what was burned that night and if JC is telling the truth.

But I have known a few missing persons cases where their bones have been found in a fire pit.

JMO

That's a good point.

The last photo, that I've seen, that she updated was on Sat. morning and she responded to a comment at 8:50 am.

Edit, I think someone mentioned the photo of her in the purple shirt as the last photo text? If I remember correctly that is. That photo was uploaded to her facebook a few days before she went missing, so unless JC asked for it so he could put it on his phone, that probably isn't it.

That set of pictures was taken on their 5 year anniversary. If you look at picture 66 someone said it was in Clifton. So I would imagine the cabin was there too.

I saw the metal plate and the caption our days in Clifton or something like that but -- where is there a cabin in Clifton?????? Certainly would be worth checking, IMHO.

If your Caller ID is restricted though, wouldn't the cell company themselves have records of WHO called, it's just that it comes through restricted on the receiving end?

Your company or their's? If it's their's that could be why cyber crimes was called in and that could also be what's taking so long. I mean, if it wasn't JC they would have to find out the number, see if it matches any of her friends (if they don't have that info at the pay as you go company) and that's ONLY if her friends are cooperating, and ONLY if they know to ask the right person.

I believe most cell companies you can retrieve actual text messages up to 14 days after they were sent. I imagine LE has gone this route (I doubt it would take that long to get a warrant for that information).

Would it be her company that kept it or the sender's company?

If the cabin pic is in Clifton Ohio, there is a Clifton here- about 1 hour 15 mins away

http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php?ard...&zoom=11&q1=Clifton, OH 45316&q2=Fairfield OH

This area has a lot stuff, there is an old mill, a Clifton Gorge nature preserve and I saw some cabin rentals in the area

There is also a Clifton, a due north suburb of Cincinnati, near 75

I was assuming Clifton where University of Cincinnati is.

Those pics are from all different years and places. Conservatory (mirror lake), clifton by UC - one pic looks like an area in Northside --- I just really want to know where that cabin is for sure. :banghead:

I will still fall out of my chair, if he has anything to do with her being missing, it just doesn't fit.

While I kind of agree...it is not so clear to me just now, as certainly everyone thought of Scott and Lacey as the perfect couple, even her family...

BBM

I think this is why the Cyber Crimes Unit of the BCI has been consulted by the Fairfield PD. To look into who sent what and from where on the several different phones related to the case.

JMO

There's also a facebook comment made by Katelyn (supposedly) on Sun 14 Aug at 12.42am, 3 mins before her phone was turned off if the times are accurate and that is what I think is so suspect. It certainly looks like someone was trying to lay down tracks that Katelyn was alive and well at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak