OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe anyone texted or called her before she went downstairs (if that's what happened). LE would have record of that, and it would be easy to figure out the suspect. I think the most likely scenario is that someone knocked on the door or she stepped out for a smoke. I am a night owl, so sometimes I have friends call/stop by late (even though I have kids) if they "need something". I have a peep hole though, and always check to see who it is, and I'm guessing she did too. So it would've had to have been someone she was familiar with I would think.

We also don't know where this bathroom was. Was it part of the master bedroom? If so, maybe she did put it in the bathroom, but the door didn't shut all the way and it got out. I feel like the person who said that she was probably in bed, received a text/call, closed the dog in to answer the door really fast (then she had her cell in her hand and the dog closed up) made a great point. I can't get that out of my head. Maybe the person on the other end said they needed her to come outside just for a minute which is why the dog was not allowed to go to the door. (If my dogs know the person and I was letting the person in the house, the dogs would be fine to tag along with me, but not if I was thinking I would step outside for a few minutes. Not saying all dogs are the same, just saying that that could be one scenario.) If I thought I would be gone long then the kennel, but just 3 minutes, maybe not. Maybe they just said, can you meet me outside in 2 minutes, I have this or that for you.

Someone mentioned the dog not barking when people wrestle. That freaks both of my dogs out, but it does take them awhile to really start barking. My little one usually just hides. It's the bigger one (the rescue) that gets really upset, tries to protect me. But if I'm having sex (sorry, but it's similar to wrestling) they both hide. lol. The little one goes under a piece of furniture and the big one goes in his kennel. My little dog barks at people coming to the door, but my big dog does not, even if it's a stranger. If I'm home he just wants them to love on him, if I'm gone then I've been told from a landlord (when the kennel door didn't close all the way and he was wandering the house and the landlord came in to do some repairs) that he growled and was in an attack position. It would be good to know if the dog was a barker.

BBM

OK, just a little to much information. LOL Welcome to WS by the way.

Two things:

In order to file a missing persons report, I would assume one has to be a relative; hence, dad filed the report.

Has anyone heard the dad confirm the dog reports (about being locked in the room?). I think he's the only one who can corroborate (or maybe police too?) that fact. I'm assuming the dog had some accidents in the bedroom - otherwise, how would JC know how long the dog had been in the room? I'm considering this fact, but taking it with a big grain of salt (and subsequent hypertension. ;) ).

Hmm- okay off on a tangent and POI's
the gospel according FB has this 'biological uncle' having contact with her Sat evening around 7:45 pm re- some work......and chance this 'uncle' paid a late night visit???

I don't believe anyone texted or called her before she went downstairs (if that's what happened). LE would have record of that, and it would be easy to figure out the suspect. I think the most likely scenario is that someone knocked on the door or she stepped out for a smoke. I am a night owl, so sometimes I have friends call/stop by late (even though I have kids) if they "need something". I have a peep hole though, and always check to see who it is, and I'm guessing she did too. So it would've had to have been someone she was familiar with I would think.

Another possibility- someone dressed as a cop (or other very official entity) knocking on the door early in the morning.

A lot of people wouldn't think twice about answering to a cop banging on the door, especially in the early hours of the morning.

It'd take some work on the part of the guilty person, but it would be worth their time if they wanted to do her harm but couldn't pull the familiar face card.

Picture of Murphy, taken in 2007.

http://lemmegetkh.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=480#/dwfi7p

Murphy_by_lemmegetkh.jpg

Picture of both Murphy and Boostin, taken ??? But I think the picture was taken in the same neighborhood where KM is currently living.

http://www.myspace.com/sublimeapc/photos/59066799#

l.jpg

now baa baa -- you gotta get outta my head! I just posted that too!

Did you see that myspace blog entry I posted earlier re: victim name? Oh and :Welcome1::welcome3::Welcome1:

I did see it. Very, very strange.

Ronso, would they know what the text said? Perhaps they do know about the text/call, but can't say what it was about so they are trying to fit the other person in, or it's JC and it wouldn't seem suspicious because he admitted to texting her.

Sorry Joe, lol.

Surfie TX, I was wondering if that was the case, but what if there was no family around? Wouldn't a boss be able to do it? And John was her fiance. I also think the dog going to the bathroom is why JC said it was in the room for a long time, but as I mentioned before and I think someone else too, that other factors could be to blame for the dog going to the bathroom in the room. (Anxiety mostly.)

I did see it. Very, very strange.

Ronso, would they know what the text said? Perhaps they do know about the text/call, but can't say what it was about so they are trying to fit the other person in, or it's JC and it wouldn't seem suspicious because he admitted to texting her.

Since KM's phone is missing the only way to know what was texted to her is through the sender's phone. Cell companies do not keep copies of text messages.

I believe most cell companies you can retrieve actual text messages up to 14 days after they were sent. I imagine LE has gone this route (I doubt it would take that long to get a warrant for that information).

It's quite possible her last texts were from JC. It's also possible something happened to her BEFORE then, and he was texting himself from her phone. As close as he lived to her, I can't imagine they wouldn't ping off the same tower. Of course, I don't know how accurate GPS coordinates are and whether or not they can rule out that possibility. With him being with Cricket (I have a friend that uses them)... does he even have a GPS-enabled phone? My friend has told me their phones are expensive, which is why she doesn't have a smartphone. Do we know anything about the type of phone JC has? Or maybe his GPS wasn't enabled on it?

OH I found where this 'uncle' DM said it was a a family adoption...'legal titles and who is who biologically are sorta mixed up' So yeah It may be rumor, but does sort of answer the questions some of us had on was it a family related adoption...

hmm now i am wondering about THAT side of the family and her mother, or mom.

Jeannie- some cell companies DO keep copies of text messages. My friend told me this who used to work for Sprint or Verizon, can't remember which. I should call T-Mobile (my provider) and ask if they keep copies of actual messages.

I believe most cell companies you can retrieve actual text messages up to 14 days after they were sent. I imagine LE has gone this route (I doubt it would take that long to get a warrant for that information).

It's quite possible her last texts were from JC. It's also possible something happened to her BEFORE then, and he was texting himself from her phone. As close as he lived to her, I can't imagine they wouldn't ping off the same tower. Of course, I don't know how accurate GPS coordinates are and whether or not they can rule out that possibility. With him being with Cricket (I have a friend that uses them)... does he even have a GPS-enabled phone? My friend has told me their phones are expensive, which is why she doesn't have a smartphone. Do we know anything about the type of phone JC has? Or maybe his GPS wasn't enabled on it?

I missed it - how do we know he had Cricket and do we know Katelyn's carrier?

Jeannie- some cell companies DO keep copies of text messages. My friend told me this who used to work for Sprint or Verizon, can't remember which. I should call T-Mobile (my provider) and ask if they keep copies of actual messages.

I should have added that. I posted that on the previous thread. They keep them long enough to cover any type of outage or problem that might occur.

WHEN was the LAST TIME someone OTHER than J saw her?

I think that is key. And I think that phone records and this last OTHER sighting will be the real timeline of when she left/was removed from her townhome.

I missed it - how do we know he had Cricket and do we know Katelyn's carrier?

Her phone and carrier was listed on the previous thread but I don't remember who it was. Unless I'm mistaken someone said they were on the same plan but I won't swear to it.

BBM

I think this is why the Cyber Crimes Unit of the BCI has been consulted by the Fairfield PD. To look into who sent what and from where on the several different phones related to the case.

JMO

Local 12 has also learned that the cyber crimes unit of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI) is now working with Fairfield Police as they try to find Markham.

http://www.local12.com/content/brea...g-Fairfield-Woman/Hb8WfZ0rpkuNpRRLpddC-w.cspx

In some of the videos, JC has shown his phone to the cameraman in an attempt to show the picture that KM supposedly sent him- some sort of LG model.

I went to www.phonescoop.com, looked up Cricket under carriers and found this:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3080

Its the only LG model they carry (at least according to the site), and looks like the one I've seen him waving around in a couple interviews.

It does have GPS.

So it's an Android phone. Easy to turn GPS on and off. Mine's right in the drop down menu on my Samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez