OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The word of the day is PROFILE...I knew you smart women and men would figure that out for me!

I just went and ran errands and I must say EVERYWHERE you go people are talking about this case and I have to say each person I talked to today had the same person in their mind as a suspect BUT one sweet lady at the grocery made a VERY good point. IF this was someone who knew her and that person knew he was going to be the last person to see her and this was as well planned as it looks like it was WHY didn't that person take the dog and make it look like something happened to her and she maybe had taken the dog out for a walk. I must say this little lady sure has me thinking a little different.

Probably because "HE" was attached to the dog and didn't want anything to happen to it.

LE should by now have a log of all her incoming and outgoing calls made to and from her cell phone. So they should know if she received a call from someone that night if she was called to answer the door. They should also have a log of all text messages sent and received. Hopefully they they should also have the location of where her phone was at the times those calls and messages were sent and received as well to see if she was possibly out of her apartment when she sent the photo text to JC.

I would think they have also looked into JC's phone records as well.

If LE doesn't have this information I think they need to get on this ASAP.

Does anyone know if the FBI or Ohio State Police been consulted at all by the Fairfield PD?

Yes and the Cyber Crimes Unit is investigating.

Local 12 has also learned that the cyber crimes unit of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI) is now working with Fairfield Police as they try to find Markham.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...ield-Woman/Hb8WfZ0rpkuNpRRLpddC-w.cspx?rss=30

Ya know if SOMEONE came into the apt with a key, 'looking' for KM , they could have straightened up any thing askew....wonder if the dog accidents were left in place for LE to see??? I am having a hard time with all JC has relayed as to the sequence of events...what is someone left in a hurry a lot earlier in the day.....came in straightened any disorder up, hmm, missed the hats & pencil holder....then came back later,

Or another someone came in and then later came with the dad....

on and on
I mean really anyone could have waltzed in and out from that 'last' text until the 911 call...and the locks getting changed
Now I wonder who all HAD a key to her place?
hmm, after all lots of POI's according to chief

From Jeanie's link- http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...ield-Woman/Hb8WfZ0rpkuNpRRLpddC-w.cspx?rss=30

snipped-She didn't show up for work the next day at either of her two jobs-at the Art Institute of Ohio or David's Bridal.

Has it EVER been clarified what her hours were supposed to be at Davids Bridal that Sunday? Much less that she was supposed to work at the Art Institute job???? Woudl the AI shop be open on sundays???

JC's sister said they met through her. She was friends with KM and one day she said to her brother to come and meet my friend....and they were together and best friends every since....

Doesn't this conflict with what Katelyn says in that myspace page, that she met JC on the internet?

If a young woman opens her door after midnight, it seems like there should be a phone call just before to tell her, "hey I'm here" or "answer your door" because who would expect her to just go and open her door in the middle of the night? I sure wouldn't...the few times someone has come to my door at night, I just ignore it, if I am not expecting anyone. I am not that young though...would any of you younger women open up your door without knowing who it was, for sure?

Yes, but if someone was knocking at my door that I wasn't expecting, I'd grab my cell phone first so that I could call 911 if needed. If it was someone i knew, then i'd open the door.

Doesn't this conflict with what Katelyn says in that myspace page, that she met JC on the internet?

Could have been a combination of both IMO. Met, exchanged numbers, MySpace pages, text back and forth, and via that latter electronic avenue got to know one another better/fell in love.

Just speculatin'. :)

Ya know if SOMEONE came into the apt with a key, 'looking' for KM , they could have straightened up any thing askew....wonder if the dog accidents were left in place for LE to see??? I am having a hard time with all JC has relayed as to the sequence of events...what is someone left in a hurry a lot earlier in the day.....came in straightened any disorder up, hmm, missed the hats & pencil holder....then came back later,

Or another someone came in and then later came with the dad....

on and on
I mean really anyone could have waltzed in and out from that 'last' text until the 911 call...and the locks getting changed
Now I wonder who all HAD a key to her place?
hmm, after all lots of POI's according to chief

We know KM had a key and it was in the THouse when she disappeared. JC had his own key. Dad had a key and possibly his gf but not sure of that and Km had a key hidden on the patio.

Katelyn's fiance John Carter toled Local 12's Deb Dixon that he recalled the moment he realized Katelyn was missing. "Driving in between these two buildings here, I could see that her car was still here and that, my heart just dropped immediately because I knew she'd have to be at work."

http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...ield-Woman/Hb8WfZ0rpkuNpRRLpddC-w.cspx?rss=30

SO your texting your fiance all day long while she is supposed to be at work and she is not returning any messages. Even though she is not supposed to use her phone to take phone calls or make text messages, so then you get the feeling something is wrong and drive to her house instead of calling her work. When you first arrive at her house and you see her car there is the moment you realize that she is missing?????? I would have gotten the feeling at that moment in time of "THANKS GOD SHE IS HOME". I wouldn't have gotten the feeling that she is missing. At the very least I would have gotten the feeling something happened to her and she didn't go to work, NOT that she is missing.

JMO

And to further discuss how different dog's personalities can be, MY Newfie who is 5 years old now is absolutely in love with his crate!

After we were done housetraining him, we stored the crate in the garage and whenever he got tired, he would go in the garage and stand in front of the crate with his head down peering into it like "someone please open this damn thing for me".

We finally brought it back in the house and took the door off so he can come and go as he pleases from it. Anytime he wants to sleep or nap (or takes something he shouldn't have lol), he immediately goes to his crate.

Dogs are very much like people...very diverse personalities even within the same breed.

I believe you are implying that while you were house training, he spent time in his crate/was trained for his crate? As I stated, dogs have different personalities, but they do what is habit and it is being said that the habit is the dog was put in the bathroom. I also stated that shelter dogs/pet store dogs are more likely, in my experience, to want a crate for security because they are already used to it, hence stating that it would be interesting to know if this dog was a shelter dog or taken from the mother. I don't want to keep arguing the point, I just want to make sure that my words are not being turned into something I didn't say. It seems like whenever I try to clarify people just say the same thing back.

You guys are so fast! Sorry I can't quote everyone. Who ever said the point about the dog knocking the stuff over could be a cover for a small struggle, that's a really good point. I also thought the point about her leaving the dog because she got a text instead of someone knocking was a great point and that that could explain why she had her cell in her hand/why it was taken.

Her email was victimgirl@...... sorry I don't want to post the whole thing for her privacy.

When I first saw that I was really creeped out/thought, attackers usually choose their victims based on body language, maybe that carried through. If he really gave her that name, ummm wtf?

I'm going to go back and read some more now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove