OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like this theory too, and it is basically where I am if I were gambling girl, but I haven't ruled out younger men who are her age. What makes you (JeannieC) think 40s (out of curiosity)?

I especially like the "single/divorced" theory, because this unsub likely lives alone.

Further, this man could also be a friendly with her dad, who is in his 40s and lived there recently.

I think she would be quicker to talk to a father figure and she was facing some tough decisions based on things she said on FB and other places. An older man would be more comforting (imo) and not give the appearance of being interested in her otherwise. She had only dated one guy and I don't believe she would be "street" smart so it would appear innocent to her. moo
A younger guy could create jealosy or a feeling that she was being unfaithful to JC and I don't believe she would do that.

I really like this theory too, and it is basically where I am if I were gambling girl, but I haven't ruled out younger men who are her age. What makes you think 40s (out of curiosity)?

I especially like the "single/divorced" theory, because this unsub likely lives alone.

Further, this man could also be a friendly with her dad, who is in his 40s and lived there recently.

BBM

Dad's friend comes over and knocks on the door, knowing or unknowing the father is staying the night at the girlfriends. KM answers the door.

Couple of different scenario's

1. He abducts her when she answers the door after she saying dad is not home.
  2. He is invited in and then decides to abducts her.
  3. He gives an excuse her dad is in trouble and she needs to come with him. (she leaves everything behind in the house)

I'm steering more towards a neighbor.

Did someone post a statement that she is definitely a smoker (of cigarettes)? I haven't seen any pictures of her with a cigarette -- was it ( statement to that effect) posted by someone who knows her? It just seems like people were thinking of scenarios and kept mentioning maybe she went outdoors for a smoke, and it suddenly became fact that she smokes--but maybe I missed something.... Thanks.

p.s. not that important except it could be one less reason why she might need to go outside!

But here's my question....why would she have to go outside to smoke? Was this her pattern? If her dad had a rule about it but he wasn't home at the time why not just smoke in the room? I would have been too lazy to go outside having to lock the dog up in the room, putting on clothes and shoes. I would have just opened the window and smoked.

Some people ( a lot of friends I know who smoke) enjoy going out on their decks or patios at night to smoke. Plus, she did art and smoke isn't something she would want to build up on her sketch books. It yellows the pages.

It seems like someone said that she went outside to smoke. Might have been preference or habit. jmo

I watched this episode of "I Survived". A young teen or a female in her early twenties was in her yard in broad daylight when a man got out of the car and approached her with some reading material. He then grabbed her and led her to his car and put her in some kind of plastic container in his back seat. She was absolutely stunned that no one in the neighborhood saw what was happening to her. But what a wonderful ending.....she did get away later and went on to become a sherrif's deputy or something.

Just sayin' these abductions do happen in broad daylight so it must be that much easier in the wee hours of the morning.

This whole thing is so baffling to me. I keep trying to work it out in my head what could have happened. I come up with theories but then I look at the pictures of her townhome and the surrounding area. It's WIDE open. Not secluded whatsoever. It would be really hard for a perp to take her into a vehicle. Even if she was sedated or something, I just do not see a perp dragging her across a huge open area from her townhome.

Do we know if there is a store nearby? Could she have walked somewhere to pick up some smokes? But then again, it was raining.

The only thing I keep coming back to is that early reports had the boyfriend stating her car was parked in the back of the townhouse, which wasn't the usual parking spot. Do you all remember this? This has always stood out to me because I think something happened to her near her car, or near A car because I simply cannot see her being dragged outside.

In the pouring rain???

Do we know the exact time it began to rain at her apartment and the exact time she went outside? Are we absolutly positive it rained at her apartment? I've driven home from work on interstate and the cars headed south were getting rain and my nortbound side was not.

This whole thing is so baffling to me. I keep trying to work it out in my head what could have happened. I come up with theories but then I look at the pictures of her townhome and the surrounding area. It's WIDE open. Not secluded whatsoever. It would be really hard for a perp to take her into a vehicle. Even if she was sedated or something, I just do not see a perp dragging her across a huge open area from her townhome.

Do we know if there is a store nearby? Could she have walked somewhere to pick up some smokes? But then again, it was raining.

The only thing I keep coming back to is that early reports had the boyfriend stating her car was parked in the back of the townhouse, which wasn't the usual parking spot. Do you all remember this? This has always stood out to me because I think something happened to her near her car, or near A car because I simply cannot see her being dragged outside.

I 've come to a lot of the same conclusions as you have. So I really believe that she went willingly with someone. Either JC or someone else that she knew. Maybe a neighbor or a friend of her dad's or a friend of JC's or someone she met at work or school. Because she left everything behind I think she thought it was a quick trip. maybe he said let's go get a beer or some cigs or a latenight taco at a drive thru. Something quick and innocent that she would not need her purse for. Or a neighbor said let's go smoke a joint or let's go see my new puppy/kitten/ or come look at my senior art project I just finished.

ETA: a local posted earlier that there was nothing within walking distance for a late night stroll. So they doubted she tried to walk to a market that late.

No, what I recall is that JC drove past and saw that her car was in it's usual parking space.

Again, would she have gone outside that late to smoke in the rain. Naw...

Doryline: As I mentioned before, my GPS on the phone states that no e911 gps can be turned off on any mobile phone. I'm assuming that's the one le is referring to (unless it came from his family and not le.) I don't know if that turns off with a dead battery or the battery has to be removed. I don't see why there would be a difference, but maybe. I was going to ask if anyone found out if the battery dying would turn off the gps (again, not the app gps, the 911 gps)

Joe Friday: If it was the heat of the moment, the adrenaline alone could help with that. If it was just a short distance then he could push himself if it was between him getting caught or possibly going free. That could, as someone else implied, have aggravated the injury, causing him to not be able to walk as much now.

ShouldBWorking: The festival was probably on paved, flat ground. The searches seem like they are in places with rocks, uneven footing, bad balance.

Columbo: I've seen couples blog together, but I don't know about myspace. Other blogs can have several posters.

Does anyone have the link to the myspace page? I must have missed it.

JeanieC: Did someone say she went outside to smoke? I know most people do now because so many people don't smoke, but if it's her house, even an apartment where the landlord doesn't want them smoking inside, maybe she would do it anyway. I know I've had roommates who would smoke in their room even though they knew I was allergic to it.

Harlow: No problem, I just wanted to make sure because Ronso was all: LOL, dogs have personalities like kids so there's no way you can generalize, when I was not talking about personalities of dogs at all.

Diane Elaine: I don't know, some have said her condo was two storry, it looks two story from the photos I've seen. Which is also has me thinking, some people assume her bedroom was upstairs, but I had always assumed down stairs. It would really depend on the lay out. We know it had two bedrooms if her dad lived there for 5 years with her, but wasn't the divorce recent? Were they seperated a long time?

Janitor: Someone else mentioned it, but I was thinking he could have been angry about feeling violated and even if he was ranting about the video, maybe that was his only way of venting those feelings.

I don't know about JC's personality. I'm on the fence. People are saying he's lazy, unmotivated, and I think it's clear at this point he smokes pot. That could be ADD. I've been called lazy and unmotivated by boyfriends, friends, teachers. But part of that has to do with the fact that when I try to focus on the one thing I want to do, more than anything, I can't. Then I get depressed, then it gets worse. etc. Also, a lot of people self-meticate with pot for add. He could have been really depressed that he couldn't find a job in his field and had to work at a pizza place, hence the unmotivated personality. If he did go to school and IF he graduated (which I heard he at least went to school, does anyone know what for?) then why would she be in such a better position than him? Maybe she was going to move in with his parents so she could quit one of her jobs and work on her art more/or save up for the move. Maybe they pushed the date of the move back so she would have time to find a job before they left, after she graduated (those optimistic college grads and unrealistic time-management.) She definitely didn't seem to think she was way better than him or that he was dragging her down.

My younger brother is the most laid back guy (pot smoker as well) and he has an awful temper. Everyone in my family does, BUT I don't think he would ever physically harm anyone. If you didn't live with him, you'd probably never see his temper. He would look probably more laid back than JC. AND he would definitely hide all of his emotions. Some people are just poker-faced and from what I've seen pot definitely has that effect.

It's so hard to tell from just a few snippets from t.v.

Edit: Part of the reason I'm on the fence is because, as hard as I don't want to just say he did it, it looks like he's done things to throw the police off. It looks like he's said/done things that a guilty person would do and although I love Dexter and other shows, they do give you some information (false or not) that he might use to try and out manuever the cops (the cell gps, the possible building a time-line with texts, the dropping hints about the festival, the burning of papers,) But he's done things that might be seen as really stupid, or inexperienced, like leaving before calling 911, no DB check in before 911, saying, "I didn't want it to get this far," using past tense. Since we don't know about anyone else's possible motives (aside from sex offenders in the area) it's hard to think about anyone else doing it, at least any more than, it could have been a stranger/neighbor. Just thinking "aloud"

let's say her car wasn't in it's usual parking space. What these perpetrators forget when driving the car to a new location is to reposition the driver's seat back to it's original position. KM seems like she is small in stature. The perp would have had to let the seat back in order to drive the car comfortably. If the driver's seat was not placed back into the position tht KM usually used to drive, it would be key evidence that her car had been tampered with.

I 've come to a lot of the same conclusions as you have. So I really believe that she went willingly with someone. Either JC or someone else that she knew. Maybe a neighbor or a friend of her dad's or a friend of JC's or someone she met at work or school. Because she left everything behind I think she thought it was a quick trip. maybe he said let's go get a beer or some cigs or a latenight taco at a drive thru. Something quick and innocent that she would not need her purse for. Or a neighbor said let's go smoke a joint or let's go see my new puppy/kitten/ or come look at my senior art project I just finished.

ETA: a local posted earlier that there was nothing within walking distance for a late night stroll. So they doubted she tried to walk to a market that late.

Thanks Katy. I have to agree. Reminds me of Amy Sue Henslee... left keys, purse, everything behind when her killer (husbands cousin) came to pick her up so they could go to his house for a quick visit.... in fact, Amy Sue's husband was very hinky from the start and it turned out that he had nothing at all to do with her murder.
I have to think Katelyn left thinking it would be a quick trip somewhere OR a neighbor is involved.

Did someone post a statement that she is definitely a smoker (of cigarettes)? I haven't seen any pictures of her with a cigarette -- was it ( statement to that effect) posted by someone who knows her? It just seems like people were thinking of scenarios and kept mentioning maybe she went outdoors for a smoke, and it suddenly became fact that she smokes--but maybe I missed something.... Thanks.

p.s. not that important except it could be one less reason why she might need to go outside!

It was on her older Myspace that she smoked (weed or cigs is unclear). It's possible she could or would have quit by now. JC's FB page clearly shows that he smokes cigs.

let's say her car wasn't in it's usual parking space. What these perpetrators forget when driving the car to a new location is to reposition the driver's seat back to it's original position. KM seems like she is small in stature. The perp would have had to let the seat back in order to drive the car comfortably. If the driver's seat was not placed back into the position tht KM usually used to drive, it would be key evidence that her car had been tampered with.

Yep it would be key evidence. But if the car is usually parked in the front for instance (I DO NOT KNOW THAT IS A FACT, just thinking aloud) if a perp were returning her car the chances of less people seeing them would be greater if they parked it in the back.

Do we know if LE took her car?

Some people ( a lot of friends I know who smoke) enjoy going out on their decks or patios at night to smoke. Plus, she did art and smoke isn't something she would want to build up on her sketch books. It yellows the pages.

It seems like someone said that she went outside to smoke. Might have been preference or habit. jmo

I'm not so sure that would make a whole lot of difference. I know many artists that eat around their art, drink around their art (it could all spill) touch their art with greasy hands....It would depend on where she kept her art supplies (were they in her room or did she have a studio space) did she use paper a lot or was it more on the computer. I've seen her work that she has done on paper, but if it was older and she switched to more computer based art....I know really anal artists that would never put anything near their stuff too, usually older, professional artists (as in 40-60s) where it is already their lively hood and they treat it as such, but plenty of people are also in between where they may just smoke, especially if it was just a sketchbook or something just for fun. A sketchbook would probably be with her all the time anyway. Saying that she would go outside just based on her being an artist is not something I would bet on. Look at Pollock, his cigarette ashes/butts were part of this pieces when they dropped in them.

Do we know the exact time it began to rain at her apartment and the exact time she went outside? Are we absolutly positive it rained at her apartment? I've driven home from work on interstate and the cars headed south were getting rain and my nortbound side was not.

bolded by me.

JeannieC, we don't know if she went outside. It's just speculation in people's "possible scenarios."

As far as the rain, I've had similar experiences where I live. Raining hard on my house and less than a mile away from my house, no rain. No one here has said that it was raining for sure at Katelyn's apartment.

I'd imagine her friends would know if she smoked outside or in, most people either do one or the other.

My husband smoked for 10 years, never once has he smoked indoors. He doesn't smoke anymore, but he grew up with indoor smokers for parents and absolutely hated it, and would never do that, bad weather or not.

Not crazy relevant, just thought I'd chime in.

bolded by me.

JeannieC, we don't know if she went outside. It's just speculation in people's "possible scenarios."

As far as the rain, I've had similar experiences where I live. Raining hard on my house and less than a mile away from my house, no rain. No one here has said that it was raining for sure at Katelyn's apartment.

I was speculating in my possible scenario that she went outside to smoke. I did not state it as a fact.

Thanks Katy. I have to agree. Reminds me of Amy Sue Henslee... left keys, purse, everything behind when her killer (husbands cousin) came to pick her up so they could go to his house for a quick visit.... in fact, Amy Sue's husband was very hinky from the start and it turned out that he had nothing at all to do with her murder.
I have to think Katelyn left thinking it would be a quick trip somewhere OR a neighbor is involved.

Luckily the neighbor seen JR Bebee's truck in the driveway that morning. But two and two would have been put together sooner or later when Bebee's girlfriend would have been noticed missing.

Just wish someone would come forward and say they seen something in KM's case..

I wonder if KM's neighbor that said he never heard anything was looked into by LE. Would be interesting to know if he lives alone or not. Maybe he has KM's body stored in his closet like Pamela Prpich's neighbor did.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member