OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Local 12 live report at 5 just said they are going back to an area tomorrow where searchers smelled decomp?

I will upload it for you guys and post it in a few minutes.

The reason I ask about the timeline is that he explained on Nancy Grace last night that in between the texting, he and his friend were watching "just some random noise shows in the background" (hahah....his words!)

So when does the building of the fire and the document burning, the random noise shows in the background watching with his friend, and the texting take place when her phone goes dead at approximately 12:52am? That's a LOT of activity in too short a time frame if you ask me!

The reason I ask about the timeline is that he explained on Nancy Grace last night that in between the texting, he and his friend were watching "just some random noise shows in the background" (hahah....his words!)

So when does the building of the fire and the document burning, the random noise shows in the background watching with his friend, and the texting take place when her phone goes dead at approximately 12:52am? That's a LOT of activity in too short a time frame if you ask me!

I thought the "just some random noise shows in the backgroud" response was what he said when NG asked him, SPECIFICALLY, what he and KM had been watching together while he was at her townhouse.

We need input from the friend as to what time JC appeared at his house. I think it's possible based on what time he showed up at his friends that he took both of their phones with him. He could have sent the picture message from Katelyn's and set off for his friends and arrived there seven minutes later and turned his phone back on and received the message. Later, posing as Katelyn, he could have sent messages from her phone to his and responded to them as if they were having a conversation.

If the police know where her cell phone last pinged and they know it wasn't from a location close to her house then JC has a lot of splainin' to do. He may not have thought ahead about pings and cell phone towers, etc. when he set off for his friends house.

So confusing and so little info. to go on!

My other question is about Katelyn's phone. The police must have it or otherwise they wouldn't know the exact cell phone tower where her phone last "pinged" unless they have it. But was it the phone found in the park, or did they find her phone inside the home and haven't yet released this information? Or, do they know the cell tower where it last pinged before her phone went dead?

They do not need the phone to determine which tower the phone was last used on. This is different then pinging the phone.

Pinging a phone will tell you which particulate tower the phone is currently using if the phone is turned on. Phones are always sending out a signal telling the system which tower the phone is currently using, that way the network knows where to route a call to a specific phone when someone calls that phone. Since the phone is turned off it cannot be pinged.

If the phone was still on they could ping the phone from several different towers (if there was several within range of the phone) and try and triangulate the present location of the phone. But since they only know the last tower the phone used on, LE only knows a radius around this tower as the last location of the phone, when it was last used.

Hope that all makes sense.

jegoslee:

Nancy Grace had asked JC last night..."so you go to your friend's house and then what happened"?

JC responded, we had texted back and forth and then we just sat around watching some T.V.

That's when she started asking him about what they watched on t.v. and he said that while he was watching t.v. he and Katelyn were texting each other.

Why wait until tomorrow for an area where they smelled decomp?? There are a few good hours of daylight left...I don't understand...

Why wait until tomorrow for an area where they smelled decomp?? There are a few good hours of daylight left...I don't understand...

I don't know. Maybe they want to do a tight line search or need sonar boats or other special equipment?????
Could be by the time that team smelled something the teams were already deployed so with the temps (heat index 100 and higher in the area) they decided to study the maps and do exhaustive search in the am. I am just guessing.

They could be waiting for a cadaver dog. That might be the reasons for the hold up.

JMO

jegoslee:

Nancy Grace had asked JC last night..."so you go to your friend's house and then what happened"?

JC responded, we had texted back and forth and then we just sat around watching some T.V.

That's when she started asking him about what they watched on t.v. and he said that while he was watching t.v. he and Katelyn were texting each other.

My bad... thank you for correcting me. :)

If NG could keep her mouth shut and listen to people, there would be a lot more to talk about in some of these cases...instead of cutting everyone off...JMO

Yep, I will go on that list too, dating then engaged to school sweetheart from age 17-22. The broke up as we were great friends but the love had gone. Felt very safe but bored

Add me to the list of women who broke off an engagement to my high school sweetheart after dating for 5 years and engaged for one. It appears to be rather common if there are at least 3 women here on this thread with the same experience. :waitasec:

JOE FRIDAY !

That's was a terrific explanation and the best I've heard thus far regarding the pinging phone...cell tower....radius....triangulation on this discussion board.

Can you give me an example then of what might have happened. Like, she sent the last picture message from....blah..blah..blah....explaining everything you outlined in your post?

And then, give your own theory about what you think happened with the texting and the phones...or your theory if you want.

Again, thanks for a terrific post.:great:

Maybe they didn't really pick up decomposition but do think she is in the area and they are setting up JC to go to the area tonight? Probably not. Too many detective shows. :truce:

the only reason I know is because I wrote it down. JC is um...ahem...confusing to listen to so I wrote it all down. LOL

Plumeria....hahahah....excellent thought though....you never know, do you. These cops have probably been tailing our boy....no doubt about it.

Plumeria....hahahah....excellent thought though....you never know, do you. These cops have probably been tailing our boy....no doubt about it.

I did actually see that happen on City Confidential. The wife had hid the gun in the pond after murdering her husband. Police ended the search in the pond for the evening but they waited in hiding. Wife came back and found the gun. Very prissy lady wading in the mud. They played the video for the courtroom. She had some "splainin" to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member