OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU for posting this!!!!!!!!!!

Now, besides the past tense talk - this dialog leaves me with a new question. Was the "boss" that took the photo really the director of the internship program and not her boss from David's Bridal or the Bookstore?
:banghead: I really want to know who took the pic, when, how she had it (hard copy or on computer or phone only) and I want to see the original and the original of the text. Okay and I want to know if he replied back to the pic of pic text with something like, "I love that shot it captures your beauty", or thanks for that pic or anything -- cause if he didn't one (me) would wonder if he didn't need to reply to it cause he sent it!

Snip from interview linked above:
"JC: Yeah. Exactly. And the thing is, is um... she had sent me a picture of a picture of her, that her boss took of her from her internship. I mean she had two jobs and her internship, and went to school full time. So I mean, she was consistently busy, but that stress made her stronger. I mean, she loved the fact that she was being so strong, and, and she was proud of herself. I mean, there was no, there was no anger [rueful laugh], at all, when it came to, to high stress. Um..."

I agree about the 'reply' to the picture text. I have always thought that she wasn't the one to turn her phone off, because if she bothered to send that picture at 12:45 then she probably was hoping for some feedback on it. She looks beautiful in that picture. I would assume she was wanting to hear as much from her fiance. So why send him a gorgeous new picture and then turn off your phone?

And his weird ' there was no anger ' comments....Hmmmmmmm. She was working two job, renting a condo, finishing her senior project. He lived at home, slept all day, delivered pizzas at night then got stoned until sunrise every day. And she was ' not angry at all. ' Yea sure. lol

I use photoshop a lot, and I can tell you that picture has been altered. You can see the area where the face is has been altered and the pixels do not match the texture of the rest of the photo, it has been smoothed and enhanced. The pixels that make up the bottom of her green erring have been smoothed and blurred by photoshop, they are complteley different than the pixels in the rest of the earring. The face part has a completely different resolution than the rest of the picture, that is a sure sign of manipulation. Considering the fact that nothing can be said for sure about where that picture came from makes it impossible to make any statemtent about its authenticity. Plus there are multiple generations, which makes it completely compromised. The bright reflection is not from the original photo of the photo and is clearly an artifact of photographing a highly reflective tv or computer monitor with a light on it. It does not look like a 'flash', rather an incandesent point source light. If it was a flash and the face was as far away as the size in the pictures suggests, the flash would be much bigger and more diffuse. The light looks to be very close to the screen it was captured from, suggesting a tv camera close to the monitor. Just my educated opinion.

I am not convinced of the Photoshopped for sure at all. JMHO Could have been manipulated (as art) by the photographer prior to sending or printing whichever is the case.

I do think it is absolutely a pic from a monitor (most likely) or TV.

I do think it is still VERY possible, if not likely that the large glow is an overhead light and not a flash from a camera or cell phone.

JMHO having played with the pic so much!

Has anyone heard if they have confirmed (via news) that the search is on for tomorrow?

Willow8:

I just read a promising article that Equisearch will resume the search tomorrow. He said they will continue searching for Katelyn until they feel they're no longer being productive.

THANK YOU for posting this!!!!!!!!!!

Now, besides the past tense talk - this dialog leaves me with a new question. Was the "boss" that took the photo really the director of the internship program and not her boss from David's Bridal or the Bookstore?
:banghead:

The "boss" would probably not be the director of the internship program - having done a couple of internships, I would refer to my "boss" as the person who was sponsoring me at the place I was interning, i.e. telling me what to do in my internship role and completing my paperwork. This would depend on where she was doing her internship... it could be anyone sufficiently experienced to give her direction, really. Some internship programs have stricter requirements than others.

Willow8:

I just read a promising article that Equisearch will resume the search tomorrow. He said they will continue searching for Katelyn until they feel they're no longer being productive.

Further from the article you mentioned
Miller planned to depart Texas on Tuesday afternoon and has a Thursday search planned. Along with Miller, about 30 experienced Texas EquuSearch volunteers from around the country will be traveling to Fairfield. Miller also is bringing back with him high-tech equipment, such as sonar, to search water and a tool that can be dropped down to search caves, wells and other deep areas. Searches also will use more All-Teraine Vehicles, he said.

Someone posted on FB earlier that a source from one of the local TV stations did an interview with JC that was "highly incriminating" which was never aired and was handed. over to the police as evidence.

Just passin' it along.

I agree about the 'reply' to the picture text. I have always thought that she wasn't the one to turn her phone off, because if she bothered to send that picture at 12:45 then she probably was hoping for some feedback on it. She looks beautiful in that picture. I would assume she was wanting to hear as much from her fiance. So why send him a gorgeous new picture and then turn off your phone?

And his weird ' there was no anger ' comments....Hmmmmmmm. She was working two job, renting a condo, finishing her senior project. He lived at home, slept all day, delivered pizzas at night then got stoned until sunrise every day. And she was ' not angry at all. ' Yea sure. lol

BBM

The last I knew we didn't know what time the picture of the picture was sent from KM's phone.

KM's phone was reported to have been turned off or went dead at 12:45 PM.

JC received the picture of picture text on his phone at 12:52 PM.

I would imagine the cyber crimes unit has been able to pinpoint what time the picture of a picture was sent and what cell tower was used, but to my knowledge that information has never been released.

I am not convinced of the Photoshopped for sure at all. JMHO Could have been manipulated (as art) by the photographer prior to sending or printing whichever is the case.

I do think it is absolutely a pic from a monitor (most likely) or TV.

I do think it is still VERY possible, if not likely that the large glow is an overhead light and not a flash from a camera or cell phone.

JMHO having played with the pic so much!

Quoting myself to *try* to explain what is going on in my head as a possible scenario.
First, an example pic from Katelyn youtube video tribute found here:
Missing - Katelyn Markham - YouTube

In one of the pic's is KM looking at a cell phone (JC or older phone, I think) she is sitting in a car. *I* can see her reflection in the phone screen. Pic from that pic. (very crude - but for example purposes!)
phonefromvideo-1.jpg

So, here is my drawling in paint (crude, at best!) of how I think it is *possible* for the person taking the pic for the picture text to have captured himself. Now, I am not an artist or photographer and really never got fully that whole shadow lesson in art class - so will count on those of you with those skills to tell me if this is possible. If nothing else, I hope it is interesting to consider.
paintshopdemo.jpg

Looks like the searches will take place Thursday, Friday and Saturday, according to FB anyway. I think three solid days of searching should pretty cover anyplace TES and LE can think to search. I am really hoping that if she is not found, this doesn't stagnate like so many other cases, where finding the victim seemingly becomes the only way for a case to move forward.

Quoting myself to *try* to explain what is going on in my head as a possible scenario.
First, an example pic from Katelyn youtube video tribute found here:
Missing - Katelyn Markham - YouTube

In one of the pic's is KM looking at a cell phone (JC or older phone, I think) she is sitting in a car. *I* can see her reflection in the phone screen. Pic from that pic. (very crude - but for example purposes!)
phonefromvideo-1.jpg

So, here is my drawling in paint (crude, at best!) of how I think it is *possible* for the person taking the pic for the picture text to have captured himself. Now, I am not an artist or photographer and really never got fully that whole shadow lesson in art class - so will count on those of you with those skills to tell me if this is possible. If nothing else, I hope it is interesting to consider.
paintshopdemo.jpg

That doesn't work optically. The angle of angle of incidence has to equal the angle of reflection. If you don't want to get the reflection you stand at an angle, the only way you get the reflection is if you are standing directly in front of the monitor. If you are at an angle you are getting the reflection of whatever is at the same angle in the opposite direction.

Someone posted on FB earlier that a source from one of the local TV stations did an interview with JC that was "highly incriminating" which was never aired and was handed. over to the police as evidence.

Just passin' it along.

THAT is interesting!! .....hmmmmmm..of course I guess we have to consider the source (Facebook,not janitor!) and take it with a grain of salt.

I also saw on Facebook that Katelyn's dog was killed by a car--did anyone else see that? This was just shortly after she disappeared. I wonder if that was true. If so--poor dog.

What? How could anyone take this down??? I just don't understand...I know laws and all...but there's a woman missing - someone's daughter, someone's friend....

I know in Paige Johnson's case, the city was removing them. That really upset family and searchers. Glad to see city is not at least the ones removing them in this case. I wonder if the rain and wind is bringing some down?

That doesn't work optically. The angle of angle of incidence has to equal the angle of reflection. If you don't want to get the reflection you stand at an angle, the only way you get the reflection is if you are standing directly in front of the monitor. If you are at an angle you are getting the reflection of whatever is at the same angle in the opposite direction.

Thanks - like I said, crude paintshop drawling - heck, don't even think I had overhead light centered and just put desk in random spot (we don't know layout or if computer was even in room.) (or if there was overhead lighting or a bunch of stuff - just a scenario)
But, since I don't get this stuff - is it possible if monitor is between Person X and light source (in a line) that a reflection could show? Not that it matters per-see for this case, I am just curious now!

http://tightwadmama.wordpress.com/2011/09/07/new-search-infomation-for-katelyn-markham/

The link to this site is probably not allowed (not sure) but they are posting:

Immediate ATTENTION is needed. Texas Equusearch will resume the search for Katelyn Markham on Thursday September 8, 2011 at 8:00am (also Friday and Saturday if needed). The Command Center will be located at the Fairfield West Baptist Church, 5345 Muskoph Road, Fairfield, OH 45014. Volunteers must be 18 years old, please bring a photo ID.

We are praying for people to act on their volunteer giving spirit. Please come and bring a friend or group with you. No experience is needed, only a giving heart and Texas Equusearch will give instructions on how to search. Also, if you only have a few hours, that is welcomed.

An idea to get a group of searchers together is to ask for help from members of organizations that you belong, ie church, unions, co-workers, private organizations, biker clubs, gyms, sports teams etc.

We are blessed to have 25+ veteran search team leaders arriving from all over the country. We NEED to have foot searchers for them to lead. Please pass this urgent request on to everyone you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kgiridhar07