OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently a dog was killed during the early searches, in some way, according to FB, but NOT Katelyn's dog. I think it was hit by a car, don't hold me to that. Either way, :(

I really have the utmost respect for the number of friends, co-workers, etc. who are close to this investigation who have not released any info about their relationship to Katelyn or revealed any information important to the investigation. I was reading about one of the six friends who was with JC during the document burning incident and he is staying tight-lipped and stated to one person who was probing him for information, "I can't get into specifics". I think it's really terrific that these young people are conducting themselves in such a mature manner and refusing to devulge what they know to the press. If we ever see a trial regarding this case, I'm certain these particular people will step forward and be placed on the witness stand to tell their stories. And you can bet I'll be watching!

I really have the utmost respect for the number of friends, co-workers, etc. who are close to this investigation who have not released any info about their relationship to Katelyn or revealed any information important to the investigation. I was reading about one of the six friends who was with JC during the document burning incident and he is staying tight-lipped and stated to one person who was probing him for information, "I can't get into specifics". I think it's really terrific that these young people are conducting themselves in such a mature manner and refusing to devulge what they know to the press. If we ever see a trial regarding this case, I'm certain these particular people will step forward and be placed on the witness stand to tell their stories. And you can bet I'll be watching!

If you mean from FB, my respect (not to mention my belief that anyone is who they say they are) goes down somewhat, by being on those public FB pages at all. I don't understand an actual witness/alibi person, or whatever presenting themselves on a FB page. (Now if they want to come to WS and be verified, that is another thing :) )

I was reading about one of the six friends who was with JC during the document burning incident and he is staying tight-lipped and stated to one person who was probing him for information, "I can't get into specifics".

sbm...can you tell us where you were reading this kid's story or do you have a link if it was an article? I'd like to read what else he has to say.

edit: found the source of some of what you wrote... It is on a facebook site called Katelyn markham's disappearance: considering everything. I have no idea who this person is that owns this page.

There is talk on this facebook page of 6 people alibiing JC on the night katelyn disappeared.

Read it on FB, yes. But even if this is just another grain of salt that we have to take, the fact remains that Katelyns has a wide circle of friends including friends of JC all of who (whom) have information but have refused to speak the media or attempt to monopolize on their 15 min. of fame by revealing what they know. I respect that.

I respect that very much if LE told them it would hurt the investigation and they are staying quiet for that reason. Now, if their silence is to protect someone, if they know something but haven't come forward to the cops...that's a different story. We don't know the context, but i'd wager there are some in both categories. They need to all stay off facebook pages, IMO. I would. For a number of reasons.

I wish, if the NG show has to exist at all, she would stick to people who are currently missing, where she might possibly do some good...JMO

I wish, if the NG show has to exist at all, she would stick to people who are currently missing, where she might possibly do some good...JMO

Now Clu Clu -- don't ya know, she is a DANCING STAR NOW! :fence:

I am off to look for things in pic's --- the thread has grown quiet like the case. Let me go see if I can find a murder weapon or something in a pic somewhere. <--------- poor humor to express frustration at lack of information on the case.

I believe LE probably is building a case but its not a good enough one until they find a body. I'm hoping if she is deceased they will find her tomorrow.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and the searchers.

From the transcript of the radio interview someone posted earlier, this is what he said about the picture:

SS: What's really unusual about this too, John, is that the car, keys, that's unusual - but the purse!

JC: Yeah. [Continues saying "yeah" several times during Scott Sloan's next few sentences.]

SS: I don't know any woman who doesn't take their purse with them. When women go to the bathroom - when women are - wherever they are, they have their purse with them at all times. For her just to take her cellphone may indicate to me, and possibly the police as well, that there was some foul play here, because certainly she's not going to you know, go somewhere. Even if she decided, you know, "I want to leave and start another life," usually you're going to take something with you that's personal in nature.

JC: Yeah. Exactly. And the thing is, is um... she had sent me a picture of a picture of her, that her boss took of her from her internship. I mean she had two jobs and her internship, and went to school full time. So I mean, she was consistently busy, but that stress made her stronger. I mean, she loved the fact that she was being so strong, and, and she was proud of herself. I mean, there was no, there was no anger [rueful laugh], at all, when it came to, to high stress. Um...
http://kmdce.livejournal.com/1178.html

Notice that the interviewer hadn't asked about that; he was talking about the missing purse being a telling clue. So JC offers the pic-of-a-pic as a telling clue.

What I figured out from all of this great talk of that picture, though, is that it was a pic-of-a-pic before that night! It was a pic-of-a-pic from the boss or taken that way at school, I think! (I'll tell y'all why in a sec).

I don't think JC knew that she hadn't taken the picture herself, in her bedroom sometime that day (or so). I think he thought it would make it seem like she had to be in her bedroom doing things after he left.

But I think the picture he 'received' was digital, and the pic-of-a-pic part had already happened.

Look closely at the colors and the background on the missing poster pic, which is the same one before it was made more artistic (probably really by Katelyn?):

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...ch/A FRESH START/blowupfromthemissingpage.jpg

Look at the bow in her hair, her lips, the background and the flash!

You see, she hadn't done her artistic part to it yet!!

The version shown on Nancy Grace (that y'all said you could see on his phone) is the artistic version! It's much more colorful and the face edges and background are artistically blurred.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/LifeCoachOnTheCouch/A FRESH START/spearphoto.jpg

That's after it was (digitally) altered. But that flash was on the first version. I bet the artistic version was on a memory card of some sort, and I think JC knew that. He's only pretending (imho) that she was up there finishing the artistic parts and then physically taking a picture of it. I think the pic-of-a-pic part gave him the idea to say that.

I hope I'm being clear, lol :)

From the transcript of the radio interview someone posted earlier, this is what he said about the picture:

http://kmdce.livejournal.com/1178.html

Notice that the interviewer hadn't asked about that; he was talking about the missing purse being a telling clue. So JC offers the pic-of-a-pic as a telling clue.

What I figured out from all of this great talk of that picture, though, is that it was a pic-of-a-pic before that night! It was a pic-of-a-pic from the boss or taken that way at school, I think! (I'll tell y'all why in a sec).

I don't think JC knew that she hadn't taken the picture herself, in her bedroom sometime that day (or so). I think he thought it would make it seem like she had to be in her bedroom doing things after he left.

But I think the picture he 'received' was digital, and the pic-of-a-pic part had already happened.

Look closely at the colors and the background on the missing poster pic, which is the same one before it was made more artistic (probably really by Katelyn?):

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...ch/A FRESH START/blowupfromthemissingpage.jpg

Look at the bow in her hair, her lips, the background and the flash!

You see, she hadn't done her artistic part to it yet!!

The version shown on Nancy Grace (that y'all said you could see on his phone) is the artistic version! It's much more colorful and the face edges and background are artistically blurred.

That's after it was (digitally) altered. But that flash was on the first version. I bet the artistic version was on a memory card of some sort, and I think JC knew that. He's only pretending (imho) that she was up there finishing the artistic parts and then physically taking a picture of it. I think the pic-of-a-pic part gave him the idea to say that.

I hope I'm being clear, lol :)

I understand what you are saying and you could be right. Early on he mentioned she had sent him a text, a picture of a picture, and that she was artistic like that. Implying she had done something special to the picture. (NOT HIS EXACT WORDS).

I believe it was later we found out it was a picture of her. So that makes what you are saying more logical to me.

I'm going to try to find where he said that, yeah! That's what makes me think this may be what happened.

If so, nobody had to physically be in her room to take the picture that night (unless I'm missing something).

I'm going to try to find where he said that, yeah! That's what makes me think this may be what happened.

If so, nobody had to physically be in her room to take the picture that night (unless I'm missing something).

I copied this from the very first thread. The first post.

Police and family say they have no idea what could have happened to her. Her fiance, John Carter, said he last saw Markham around 11 or 11:30 Saturday night at her townhouse.

At 12:52 a.m. Sunday, he received a picture of Markham on his cellphone, sent via text message from her phone.

That was the last time anyone has heard from her.

Her small mixed-breed dog, Murphy, was found locked in her bedroom. Carter said it was obvious the dog &#8220;had been there awhile.&#8221;

Markham&#8217;s purse, keys and car were all there. The only things missing were Markham and her cellphone, which Carter&#8217;s mother, Karyn Winkler, said was turned off around 12:45 a.m. Sunday. The GPS tracking device on the phone also had been turned off.

Snipped from: http://www.middletownjournal.com/new...t-1231535.html (lots more info & photo at link)

So it was a picture of her!

I found where someone had transcribed an interview with JC the night of the vigil where he says the part about 'artistic' referencing that text.

Carter: "I'm sorry, I have, I just got distracted." (his right hand rubs right temple and top of right ear) "I wound-up leaving, then she was texting me about the things I had to do and things like that, and I said uh, uh, OK, well I'll take care of it and all this stuff. She's like, 'Oh I kinda wanted to be there but it's OK and blah, blah, blah.'"

Carter continues: "Then she sent me a picture of herself, it was like a picture of a picture, 'cause she's very artistic and loves to show me her work and stuff like that." "So, uh, Katelyn sent me a picture of her and that was the last message I got and then that night when I got home it was kinda late. I was with some friends after I went to her house and, uh, I was uh watching TV and stuff like that....

Unfortunately, the link may not be allowed? If anyone knows how to get WLWT's interview with JC on 19 Aug 2011, that's where the quote is (supposed to be) from.

Why would he turn off the phone right after sending that text from her phone?
And why the delay of 7 minutes, if he ensured it happened that way?

He had already been texting between the two phones (imho) about the burning conversation, and he must not have been afraid to have both phones on at the same time then. The GPS on her phone was still on during the burning conversation if LE says that wasn't turned off till 12:45.

Something about 12:45 made him (imho) need to turn off the GPS, right after he tried to establish that she was alive and well in her bedroom texting him that picture. And this was after he was either at his friend's house or trying to appear that way, between midnight and 1 am.

I really wish we knew where his phone pinged and when!

So why would he turn off her phone right when he did? Did he turn it off and then rush to the fire-pit party (so the GPS doesn't have her phone at the friend's place, too)? Was he not really there until 12:52?

So it was a picture of her!

I found where someone had transcribed an interview with JC the night of the vigil where he says the part about 'artistic' referencing that text.

Unfortunately, the link may not be allowed? If anyone knows how to get WLWT's interview with JC on 19 Aug 2011, that's where the quote is (supposed to be) from.

I've tried to find that interview but can't seem to locate it. I've heard it and it has been posted on one of the threads but I can't seem to find it. Its not in the information thread.

Its not the one from the prayer vigil. They only interviewed her father that night.

I've tried to find that interview but can't seem to locate it. I've heard it and it has been posted on one of the threads but I can't seem to find it. Its not in the information thread.

Its not the one from the prayer vigil. They only interviewed her father that night.

I'll post the direct link to where I got my quote. If it's not an allowed link, mods, please delete.

http://mockforums.net/post-185560.html#pid185560

I can't find an official transcript or recording anywhere either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23