OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in thinking that they are searching in Hamilton? If so I thought Hamilton was the next county north of Fairfield. If so why would they be searching in that location?

Unless of course they have exhausted all possible areas in Fairfield?

Am I right in thinking that they are searching in Hamilton? If so I thought Hamilton was the next county north of Fairfield. If so why would they be searching in that location?

Hamilton County is southwest. The town of Hamilton is slightly north of Fairfield and I believe both are in Butner county. I don't know if they are going to search there or not but they are very close.

Also here is a picture of JC to compare the "face" to that I think appears in the possible text message picture, above.

One more comment: the possible text message picture has the same "double flash"characteristics as the picture shown on NG but none of the distortion of thr NG image which really suggests it could be the actual "pic of a pic" text message.

(I hope the link works). I probably should note I found this picture on FB but I thoughtnit was against the rules to link to FB so I put it on Flickr.

http://flic.kr/p/akA3eF

Thanks for all your time and effort and :welcome:
Scary picture of JC for sure!!
I hope the police see what you're seeing!!

Search efforts resume for Markham. - YouTube

"Final stages of this search" -- oh NO!! Prayers going up...

See now, the reporter in this makes it sound like they're using cadaver dogs for the first time? I'm really hoping that's not true!
Wouldn't that have been one of the first things LE would do?

It seems like LE is so ill equipped when it comes to handle a missing person. I'd consider the person, hurt, kidnapped or dead before i thought they would just walk off.

We shall see.

I hope something (or someone!) gives today.

Fairfield is in Butler County, but right on the Hamilton/Butler County line. It is about 5 miles from her house to the county line. Hamilton County is directly south of Butler County. The city of Hamilton is in Butler County just north of Fairfield. The cities of Fairfield and Hamilton blend into each other. The found items (phone, shoe, ear ring) were found in Hamilton County, near the county line.

Um.... just... wow. I originally thought there was no way JC is involved, and I hope he's not, but rewatching the above link was sickening. There is no emotion shown by JC. Except when he is interviewed around the 53 second mark he seems to almost be smiling. Meanwhile her father can't lift his head and is fighting back tears. Someone please tell me I'm seeing things.

I have seen this video many times, and I still don't believe that JC has anything to do with her being missing! I almost always look to the family in all missing case's, however I find JC to be honest but different then most people would behave! Some people laugh or smile out of nervousness, the emotion is the same as crying! If JC has done anything to her, I will scream and probably never believe another loved one in a missing persons case! MHO

Markham's disappearance has caused some in the Fairfield community to raise concern for their own safety. But Dickey said the public should not be worried.

Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/news/29119482/detail.html#ixzz1XQnwEUp5

This really leads me to believe they know it was someone close to Katelyn.

I know its easy to suspect JC, but what I have to wonder is the unseen person in all of this....WHERE IS HER MOTHER? What do we know about mom? It is very odd to me not to see her parents together making a plea, we see her father and her uncle, JC with all his fault's still has not lawyered up! MOO

Welcome Kitster, you have a lot to bring to our table...glad you joined, we could really could use some of your talents on other cases!

Hello, I am a "newbie" and found the site because I was interested in the Katelyn Markham case. I found some of your comments re: the reflection in the cell phone picture flash so compelling that I have been "playing" with a picture posted here (from a poster on the wall photos from the "missing" FB site for Katelyn. When I first looked at this image I looked at it with my iPAD and a "face" was almost instantly SO clear to me that I couldn't believe it. I have been further playing with this image (changing contrast, looking at it using different tools from Picnik, etc.) and I am wondering if perhaps the reflection with the "face" is a reflection of an open cell phone taking the picture and the small "face" is actually a picture on the screen of the cell phone? Here are some pictures I have cropped and edited from the original. Please note, I *do* realize that the picture I am working with is very possibly NOT the "pic of a pic" text message, but considering it seems like there's not a whole lot of other tangible evidence being found in this case, I thought it was worth bringing it up again (I did post some of this on the "considering everything" Katelyn site but I thought I'd get some Websleuth opinions on this idea that the reflection is a reflection of the cell phone and the "face" (which I am now TOTALLY convinced is present in the image) is actually a photo/screensaver on the cell phone...just throwing it out there, because I'm nearly 100% convinced that I see a face in this picture.

The first and last pictures I think clearly show the "face" (yes, it's small, but it REALLY looks like a face, not something my brain is "making" a face, kwim?

The second pic I think shows the outline of the cellphone, I thought the bright flash was the "flash" (lol) and the lower/blue looking light area was perhaps the camera lens from the phone.

Maybe someone already made this inquiry, but this "face" is something I can't just let go...I've opened up my iPAD photos about 10 times and it's the first photo that pops up when I open up my iPAD photos and I'm reminded each time of how clearly I can see that face!

Please note anyone could download this picture from the "missing" Katelyn FB site and do the exact same thing I have done, I have not added anything to these pictures whatsoever. To me it makes sense that it's very possible that this picture was texted from JC to his friends (who of course would ask what did KM text to him?! KWIM? Especially early on in the investigation, the first evening she was missing, for example).

Thanks for bearing with me on this....I had to chat with someone about it other than my husband who is probably VERY sick of looking at this picture for me ;)

Regards,
Kit

Kit,
First WELCOME TO WS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Second, I think I may have snagged some of your pics from FB to share here a few days ago- hope you didn't mind.
I have marked your middle view of the crop:
kit2facephonepic-1-1.jpg

Note: I still wonder if the large (flash) is overhead light. I can't find the pic right now, but I saw a photo of Katelyn that looked like her room (tons of stuff on walls) and if my memory is correct, it appeared she had an open square glass fixture with bulb(s) in it. I see that still in the large (flash). I think that fixture was kinda like this one: http://img.ehowcdn.com/article-page.../8l/u7/add-overhead-light-fixture-800x800.jpg ...... except, if my memory (or perception of the fixture is correct) the bulb was exposed so ceiling, square glass, bulb(s). <----- having lived in this area, I have seen this type of fixture so many times. Hope you KWIM about this.

I made note of it in the pic above - but the 'neck roll' (for lack of better term) has/does really bother me - I really don't think she has enough meat on her to cause this, have not seen it in any other pic and it strikes me as part of the reflection or possibly a finger in the lens edge.

Anyway ---- I see things too, so at least we are not alone!? :floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh:
Again - Welcome aboard!

edit: LOL thanks in advance if nobody points out the typo in my pic!

Also here is a picture of JC to compare the "face" to that I think appears in the possible text message picture, above.

One more comment: the possible text message picture has the same "double flash"characteristics as the picture shown on NG but none of the distortion of thr NG image which really suggests it could be the actual "pic of a pic" text message.

(I hope the link works). I probably should note I found this picture on FB but I thoughtnit was against the rules to link to FB so I put it on Flickr.

http://flic.kr/p/akA3eF

Do we know how recent this shot is? Did JC recently 'trim' his facial hair and head hair -- as in since the festival??

BTW - on a side note, this pic makes my skin crawl - whether he harmed her or not -- there is something so un-kept and itchy looking to me. JMHO - had to vent that he might be better served with a cleaner cut look.

It was inevitable this weekend would be the last official search, pending new info coming in...it will be a month on Sunday. Are they searching Friday and Saturday, did they say?

A well respected reporter with the Cincinnati Enquirer just posted on the consider everything page, that she spoke to Tim Miller and that a decision to stop searching if nothing is found this weekend is inaccurate. (my paraphrase, but her initials are SM if you want to go look at the post!)

A well respected reporter with the Cincinnati Enquirer just posted on the consider everything page, that she spoke to Tim Miller and that a decision to stop searching if nothing is found this weekend is inaccurate. (my paraphrase, but her initials are SM if you want to go look at the post!)

Thanks; still, I will be surprised if searching continues without any kind of tips or leads to give them new locales to search. Searches generally wind up after a few weeks, if they have covered everyplace they can think to search. But since $10K was donated by a local businessman last week, they may feel a need to go longer...

Thanks for the Welcome.

A_N_J, I don't mind at all that you found one of my pics on FB, I did the same from pics from this site, lol.

I'm going to go back and see if I can see that second face you are indicating....to me it looked like a lens of some sort, not sure.

I really wish we knew what that last text message was, for sure!! Pondering this a bit more, I think that the PD must be keeping tight-lipped about this for a reason, it's REALLY surprising that nobody has come out and confirmed that this picture is or isn't the last text...news media HAS seen this text, friends/others have surely seen this text.

Hello, I am a "newbie" and found the site because I was interested in the Katelyn Markham case. I found some of your comments re: the reflection in the cell phone picture flash so compelling that I have been "playing" with a picture posted here (from a poster on the wall photos from the "missing" FB site for Katelyn. When I first looked at this image I looked at it with my iPAD and a "face" was almost instantly SO clear to me that I couldn't believe it. I have been further playing with this image (changing contrast, looking at it using different tools from Picnik, etc.) and I am wondering if perhaps the reflection with the "face" is a reflection of an open cell phone taking the picture and the small "face" is actually a picture on the screen of the cell phone? Here are some pictures I have cropped and edited from the original. Please note, I *do* realize that the picture I am working with is very possibly NOT the "pic of a pic" text message, but considering it seems like there's not a whole lot of other tangible evidence being found in this case, I thought it was worth bringing it up again (I did post some of this on the "considering everything" Katelyn site but I thought I'd get some Websleuth opinions on this idea that the reflection is a reflection of the cell phone and the "face" (which I am now TOTALLY convinced is present in the image) is actually a photo/screensaver on the cell phone...just throwing it out there, because I'm nearly 100% convinced that I see a face in this picture.

The first and last pictures I think clearly show the "face" (yes, it's small, but it REALLY looks like a face, not something my brain is "making" a face, kwim?

The second pic I think shows the outline of the cellphone, I thought the bright flash was the "flash" (lol) and the lower/blue looking light area was perhaps the camera lens from the phone.

Maybe someone already made this inquiry, but this "face" is something I can't just let go...I've opened up my iPAD photos about 10 times and it's the first photo that pops up when I open up my iPAD photos and I'm reminded each time of how clearly I can see that face!

Please note anyone could download this picture from the "missing" Katelyn FB site and do the exact same thing I have done, I have not added anything to these pictures whatsoever. To me it makes sense that it's very possible that this picture was texted from JC to his friends (who of course would ask what did KM text to him?! KWIM? Especially early on in the investigation, the first evening she was missing, for example).

Thanks for bearing with me on this....I had to chat with someone about it other than my husband who is probably VERY sick of looking at this picture for me ;)

Regards,
Kit

Kit... you brought tears to my eyes. I totally see it. WOW!!! Great job! When I look at it compared to a pic of JC, it looks similar. Does anyone have enough skills to maybe put up a side-by-side type of pic for everyone? Maybe a pic of each of KM & JC and this "face" picture in the middle?

Kit... you brought tears to my eyes. I totally see it. WOW!!! Great job! When I look at it compared to a pic of JC, it looks similar. Does anyone have enough skills to maybe put up a side-by-side type of pic for everyone? Maybe a pic of each of KM & JC and this "face" picture in the middle?

Not sure if my pics are as good as Kitster's but does this help any?
creepyjc-2.jpg

Disclaimer: Photo for illustrative purposes only.

Regards,
Kit

ok wait, i think im going to have a panic attack. i see 3 different faces in the picture. i see a forward looking face just under Katelyn's earring, then another face just under the flash that looks like a nose and eyes. then the 3rd is a side profile... it looks like a mannequin head on the left underneath the skin colored triangle looking thing, facing the right, eye wide open. wait... make it 4. i just found another one. i'm going to upload a pic (try anyway, lol), i just circled the locations. tell me what you think!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mamacita,

I do see some of the other faces that you're talking about but I think those are tricks of the flash/the eye, nothing to panic over. :)

mamacita,

I do see some of the other faces that you're talking about but I think those are tricks of the flash/the eye, nothing to panic over. :)

i dont know.. to me, a lot of them look like the same face, just a reflected version, some closer up than others. i see another one that also looks the same. i'll attach the image with the new circle now:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mamacita,

Mama Mia!

I see one, anyway. So strange....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics