OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Katelyn were able - would she & her friends be planning to attend the upcoming Zombie Walk???

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The third annual Hamilton Zombie Walk
Share · Public Event.

Time: Saturday, October 22 at 7:00pm - October 23 at 11:30pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Info: zombie art from local artists will be shown before the the walk. art is open to anyone that wants to submit. starting around 7pm. walk will start around 8pm walking down high street across the bridge. we will be going under the bidge and back stopping at the soldiers and sailors monument for a group picure then back to Ryans tavern for the after party. more info will be posted soon.

Hopefully her friends won't have a hard time deciding where to go first...

Hungry for tasty food and a way to help others?
Grab a bite to eat and contribute to a cause at a single event

Katelyn Markham Benefit Dinner, 6 p.m. Oct. 22, Tori's Station, 74 Donald Drive, Fairfield. Dinner, soft drinks, beer, cash bar, music, split-the-pot, raffles, door prizes and auctions. Benefits search for missing Fairfield woman. Registration required by Oct. 12. $25. 513-360-0815

Very concerned about this case. I hope LE know something. I also hope they have investigated the neighbors really good.

I had another thought. She worked until 7 or so, JC came over and possible a mystery person stopped by. They left and she decided to take the trash out. Anyone could have grabbed her. I wonder if there is a dumpster by her house or if they had trash sidewalk pick up?

I didn't realize there's a DNA Forensic Testing Center right there if Fairfield, Ohio...

http://www.dnacenter.com/forensic/forensic-services.html

snipped...(& bbm)

Forensic DNA Testing Services

Linking unsolved crimes. Finding a suspect. Identifying victims of violent crimes or natural disasters. Although traditional forensic methods may help to achieve these goals, DNA technologies are the most advanced and definitive tool to solve the toughest cases.

A wide range of testing services

DNA Diagnostics Center (DDC) assists law enforcement agencies, private investigators, and legal professionals in finding answers, administering justice, and ensuring a safe, secure environment for everyone. DDC’s forensics team provides a comprehensive range of services including STR, Y-STR, mtDNA and mini-STR casework, and forensic paternity. We also offer case review and consultation services to defense attorneys who may seek a second opinion on cases previously tested by other laboratories.

....Complimentary training and resources

In its commitment to assisting our clients and other legal professionals, DDC offers complimentary continuing education seminars on Forensic DNA and Legal Applications. DDC also has developed an extensive mock crime scene on-site at our Fairfield, Ohio, facility to help investigators, lawyers, and law enforcement agencies ensure the integrity of their DNA evidence collection procedures. We strive to provide our clients with the tools and resources to assist their understanding of quality DNA collection and testing procedures. Please contact us at 1-800-406-1940 for our schedule of upcoming seminars.

I keep thinking about the press conference that LE gave. They knew where the last ping was but they were researching runaways and waiting to see if any activity tuned up after a month or so.
No suspects because they didnt know if something happened or she left on her own but everyone communicating with her was a POI.
So where was that ping that LE would still be considering she may have left on her own? What lead them to still be thinking its a possibility? We know that her purse and keys were still in her condo but have we heard anyone say if her DL and CC were in that purse? I tend to wonder if cc were not there or why would LE still be waiting a month later to see what activity happened or didnt happen? Ive always felt there is a vital piece of info missing (besides Katelyn). And why isnt she on the FBI site? I know it would be very surprising but were there indicators that she may have just walked away or just left with someone?
I dont feel she ran away but this is one case I just cant figure out and LE is so tight lipped and not giving us anything to work with. :)

Does anyone remember the Mary Smith case? She was the the wife of an Alabama minister ? She disappeared from a womens conference. She hocked her wedding rings and caught a bus away and was working in a fast food ? Surprisingly but it does happen.

Well Im talked out on this case. It seems to have rapidly went the way of so many other cases. Until there is new news I dont have anything more to say.

Wait concernedmother dont go!!! Some how - tho without any new info - this report dated today does have an optimistic ring to it....

Police say missing woman case not cold
October 12, 2011

snipped...

Oct. 13 will mark two months since a Fairfield woman went missing. Despite the time that's passed, police say the Katelyn Markham case has not gone cold.

Tips are still coming in according to Fairfield Police Chief Michael Dickey.

He says it's just a matter of getting the right bit of information to bring all the details already collected together.

...Dickey says after two months of investigating there is still no evidence that indicates if Markham's disappearance involves foul play or if she left on her own.

He says detectives are reviewing information everyday. He says they are working to determine if there's someone else to interview, new questions to ask, or a different angle to take.

"We have really not developed any concrete evidence that will point us in one direction or another," said Dickey.

"Sooner or later I do believe we will come up with the necessary information to figure out what happened to her," he said.

If you have any information that could help police call Crime Stoppers. That number is (513) 352-3040.

More at link...

Does anyone remember the Mary Smith case? She was the the wife of an Alabama minister ? She disappeared from a womens conference. She hocked her wedding rings and caught a bus away and was working in a fast food ? Surprisingly but it does happen.

FWIW I do remember Mrs. Smith - the ministers wife - tho she did leave her life behind I'm just not seeing any reason for Miss Markham to bolt and vanish without taking a thing?!?! accept of all things her red blackberry >>>> THAT is odd. Didn't even take a girls true bff - her dog!!!!

Tho one of their friends that was/is?? getting ready to move to Colorado too, did offer a couple of comments - one i recall as something about Katelyn being pissed when she comes back and see's everyone blaming John!

Katelyn doesn't seem so stuck in a pigeon hole just yet (shall i say like Mrs. Smith the ministers wife) at least imho.

I want to believe she ran off by her own free will, I really do but do i think it happened...ahhhhhhhhh no. :(

Well its about time they release some kind of an update. Im glad he spoke out and Im glad info is coming in. I hope they can piece this together soon. I dont think she ran away either and it would surprise me. I think she went outside for some reason and someone took her. Who I dont know. I dont know why they are still considering she may have walked away unless it is because they havent found evidence of foul play.

OT: tarabull, how did u find that last article? it won't come up on any of my google searches... :waitasec:

ETA: I found it ... thanks for the story!!

"Sooner or later I do believe we will come up with the necessary information to figure out what happened to her," he said.

I hope its sooner.

Me too concernedmother! Katelyn i'm still praying for you!

Interesting to read some of Katelyn's actual thoughts. Puts to rest theories about her not wanting to go to Colorado or about John sponging off her. I still don't think I've seen anything that points to her and John being anything other than a loving couple.

I watched the story of Michelle Herndon on the ID channel last night and couldn't help but think of Katelyn. Michelle was killed by the roommate of her best friend, Oliver O'Quinn, he was a guy who had a major crush on her. It seems like his act was triggered by Michelle and her boyfriend's decision to take their relationship to a more serious level, her boyfriend was planning to move from another city so they could spend more time together. Seems obvious that Oliver couldn't deal with this and his jealously caused him to kill Michelle. Perhaps Katelyn's move precipitated feelings like that in one of her friends. Obviously there is also the weed angle too, especially if John owed somebody money relating to it or somebody felt John had screwed him over in a weed deal...something like that.

Chili!! I've read this post of yours about the Michelle Herndon story numerous times....THIS time - the elements of moving and drugs - got me thinking about the screen shot of the convo made public - a private convo - with Katelyn specifically about the move - only days prior to her disappearing...

In that communication, Katelyn specifically commented about the person intending to buy a house for them all to live in saying something along the lines of I don't know where he gets his money I don't ask.

Katelyn said so herself - she doesn't ask - but had she already innocently revealed TMI????

:waitasec:

Haven't been to Katelyn's thread in a while due to work but have been thinking about her daily as she & my dd share the same name (although spelled differently). I've gotten caught up on all the posts since I was last here and quite frankly, was feeling very pessimistic that she will ever be found. However, the latest news article gives me a small glimmer of hope. I pray for Katelyn to be found every day!!

Chili!! I've read this post of yours about the Michelle Herndon story numerous times....THIS time - the elements of moving and drugs - got me thinking about the screen shot of the convo made public - a private convo - with Katelyn specifically about the move - only days prior to her disappearing...

In that communication, Katelyn specifically commented about the person intending to buy a house for them all to live in saying something along the lines of I don't know where he gets his money I don't ask.

Katelyn said so herself - she doesn't ask - but had she already innocently revealed TMI????

:waitasec:
Yes I think it's obvious that she's pretty sure the guy she was talking about is up to something, probably selling drugs (and in Colorado medical marijuana is really easy to get so if he's selling drugs there it's probably not mostly pot).

One thing I know about being young is that young people tend to have wider circles of friends than older folks, especially artistic types like Katelyn. I know that from experience. I hung around all kinds of sketchy characters when I was her age, friends of friends. People I'd steer clear of now I'm a lot older and wiser.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/david-markham:-katelyn’s-‘remarkable,-enthusiastic’
“I just want her to come home—no questions asked. Just come home and act like these three weeks never happened, and let’s just get back with life. She’s got too much to offer, too much to finish that she started and come home and let’s finish it,” David said.

It’s been three weeks since anyone has seen or heard from the 22-year-old.

I wish we knew more about the family dynamics. We know Katelyn was adopted and supposedly from someone in the family. Why havent we heard the birth or adopted mother say anything? We hear very little from her family. And why did he mean "No questions asked?"

i dont know to me it seems pretty weird that ks has conntections with katelyn and bd and they both go missing from the same area within the same year and both have tight connections to her... i cant seem to get that outta my head. to me and from wat ive seen on tv any detective would put those connections together and immediatly interview to see why the connection was so close and so conisedental(sp?) or not....

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/david-markham:-katelyn’s-‘remarkable,-enthusiastic’
“I just want her to come home—no questions asked. Just come home and act like these three weeks never happened, and let’s just get back with life. She’s got too much to offer, too much to finish that she started and come home and let’s finish it,” David said.

It’s been three weeks since anyone has seen or heard from the 22-year-old.

I wish we knew more about the family dynamics. We know Katelyn was adopted and supposedly from someone in the family. Why havent we heard the birth or adopted mother say anything? We hear very little from her family. And why did he mean "No questions asked?"

BBM: From the context of his full statement, I took it to mean that if she disappeared because she wanted to, he would welcome her back home and not question the who's, what's, when's, where's and why's of her decision to stay gone for so long w/o contacting anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89