OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anybody else hear the story on CNN's HLN a few weeks ago about an investigator who thinks there is a connection among the disappearances of Karen Swift, Holly Bobo, Lauren Spierer, Kate Markham and Paige Johnson? I was traveling at the time and just heard it on the radio.

While I think a big part of the story was just the PI trying to promote himself, the theory does seem possible.

^^Wanting2Help, the investigator mentioned in the HLN story is from Florida. The story ran around November 19, which is about two weeks ago.

Private Detective Bill Warner is the detective.

http://www.zimbio.com/IU/articles/aztMtTAOIHi/Cops+Claim+Pretty+Blonde+Holly+Bobo+Abduction

http://www.billwarnerpi.com/2011/11/abducted-karen-swift-holly-bobo-lauren.html

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2011/11/28/updated-kidnapped-karen-swift-holly-bobo-lauren-spierer-paige-johnson-and-kate-markham-while-highway-asphalt-paving-projects-are-in-progress-nearby/

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2011/11/19/updated-cnn-hln-news-video-missing-karen-swift-holly-bobo-lauren-spierer-kate-markham-and-paige-johnson-connection-eludes-profiler-pat-brown/

I think the odds of a connection between any of these missing young women is very, very slim, personally...

I had wondered about the possibility of a traveling carnival and wondered if there could be a connection. Before you say it seems impossible, I can name one serial killer who traveled with carnivals. It was a man named Henry Lee Lucas. He murdered in up to 23 states. He is listed in the Texas Killing Fields Forum and I think he is in the Serial Killers forum too.

I know there was a carnival in town when Katelyn disappeared and I tried to see if there was one in town when Lauren disappeared but couldn't. There are alot of carnival people around Myrtle Beach in the summer and I'm not sure about any in Tenn when Holly Hobo disappeared.

Some serial killers do travel through many states. Go to the SK Forum and you'll see it is much more common than you would think.

i don't know , that Warner has done some interesting research IMHO...the road construction angle is noteworthy to me. I think we even looked into that sort of thing in regards to Hailey
Wonder if a road worker decided to swing by the fair for a little break on the weekend?? and saw katelyn...or had been working in the area and had her on his radar?

cetainly worth pondering

I think it should be checked out anyway. It would be nice if they could find out what happened to all of them. You never know and nothing should be blown off.

Bumping For Katelyn Markham.....................

Beautiful Talented Girl......Where Are You?

Dear God...Please Send Katelyn Home To Those That Love Her!!

Poor Katelyn...I wish I knew they had searched the garbage dumps for you...those dumpsters at the festival location still bother me to this day. Ahh, what do I know..but I am thinking of her.

Poor Katelyn...I wish I knew they had searched the garbage dumps for you...those dumpsters at the festival location still bother me to this day. Ahh, what do I know..but I am thinking of her.

BBM

I agree sreshowtime. That has bothered me from day one too. I think LE was so focused on the friends, family, and boyfriend, or the possibility that she left on her own, that they overlooked any possibility that she could be in a dumpster.

I wish LE would make it a routine to check the dumpsters as soon as a person goes missing. In many cases it could save a lot of time searching later if they did it at the start.

moo

Did Tim Miller put conditions on his return, such as if LE had new info? I thought he said they WOULD return when the weather changed. But maybe there were conditions attached...just wondering.

Yes Jeannie....especially since there was a 'large' event so close by that probably had an increase in trash

Hey Clu- yeah I thought they were coming back- but without a better idea of where to look seems sadly unhopeful

I live in Ohio and the sad thing is, I've never heard about this case except in the newspaper when this first happened. There is a PI who thinks this is a serial killer who is going around the area of KY,OH, and TN kidnapping these girls, however I don't think I believe that...I always pray that LE has knowledge to find missing people and the people who harm them.

I'm very new to this site and Id like to say I'm loving it so far!! What a wonderful job to help find the missing!!!

Posted: 12/13/2011

HAMILTON, Ohio - Supporters of Katelyn Markham held a vigil Tuesday to keep her memory alive.

Markham was last seen four months ago on Aug. 13 by her fiancé, John Carter, at her Fairfield home.

No one has seen or heard from her since.

"It's amazing how someone could totally disappear into thin air like that,” says vigil organizer, Dianne Smith.

“We feel for the family, our prayers went out to the family and there are a lot of people behind the scenes that aren't going to give up looking for her."

The vigil was held at the Hamilton West Baptist Church on Northwest Washington Boulevard.

Police say they haven’t found any evidence of foul play, but are considering all possibilities for her disappearance.

Read more: http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region...to-remember-local-missing-woman#ixzz1gc6rrmAW

http://www.wlwt.com/r/29989731/detail.html

FAIRFIELD, Ohio -- Exactly four months ago Tuesday, a Fairfield woman disappeared, and her loved ones gathered to mark the occasion with a vigil in her memory.

Police said there have been no breaks in the case, but those who've spent the late summer and fall searching for Katelyn Markham said they have no plans to give up.

"It's just something in my heart, I can't give up at all," said William Goins.

Balloons marked with messages of hope were launched into the sky by the small gathering.

"I don't want her to be another girl missing for two years, another cold case in Fairfield," said Lacretia Cook. "It's like she's this person that we never met, but we can't give up on her, like she needs us to find her, and we're not going to stop until we do."

Foot searches continue for evidence related to Markham's disappearance, although the number of volunteers has dropped from the hundreds to a small handful.

Police are continuing their investigation and are asking anyone with information about Markham to call them
Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/news/29989731/detail.html#ixzz1gc8QWYdc

For some reason all the dates when the six petite women go missing have a 3 in it, like the 3rd, the 13th, the 23rd and the 30th, also the 3rd and the 13th are repeated twice, very odd?

I think it is very odd and makes me wonder if their could be a connection. It may be his calling card. Im watching Karens case closely since LE seems to be all over her case to see what plays out there.

It surely is tempting to think that all six of the missing fell victim to the same criminal. Statistically speaking, however, it's highly unlikely. I don't see the similarities between the cases as enough to believe they are connected, at least not at this point.

That said, what is striking in at least the Holly Bobo, Crystal Hall and Katelyn Markham cases, is how brazen the abductor appears to have been, in (seemingly) taking the victims right from their own homes. This, as well as the lack of evidence produced, does suggest the work of an experienced criminal.

For some reason all the dates when the six petite women go missing have a 3 in it, like the 3rd, the 13th, the 23rd and the 30th, also the 3rd and the 13th are repeated twice, very odd?

I think it is very odd and makes me wonder if their could be a connection. It may be his calling card. Im watching Karens case closely since LE seems to be all over her case to see what plays out there.

That is interesting and strange. I wonder if there are others who went missing on these day/dates.

I don't really think most of these girls are "look-alikes" and hasn't Karen been found and a suspect being investigated that knows her?
The idea of a serial killer is interesting, but for some reason I really need to be sold on it with really firm evidence.
It is horrible that this is turning into a cold case. Wonder what her fiance is up to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89