OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it is related but one of JC friends has been arrested: http://www.butler.miamivalleyjails....OR_PARTY_ID=P31337696&JAILBOOKING_ID=23682257

DETAINER - OTHER AGENCY
MD - trying to figure out if that stands for Murder or misdemeanor - anyone know off hand?
NO BOND with a holder..........interesting for sure

Update - appears MD = misdemeanor. Perhaps holding to see if he knows anything or parole violation and no bond till hearing. I guess we won't know till a hearing or another arrest..............

The timing is certainly interesting. He does have a prior record, so it could just be something along the lines of probation violations. The Fairfield court records database is currently down, so can't see the details on the prior charges.

The timing is certainly interesting. He does have a prior record, so it could just be something along the lines of probation violations. The Fairfield court records database is currently down, so can't see the details on the prior charges.

says held other agency, that could be Indiana

The remote location near Cedar Grove, Ind., suggests the killer had either lived there or had relatives who did, he said.

The site will help investigators “paint the picture of the perpetrator,” said Pollini, who worked for the New York Police Department for 33 years before retiring as lieutenant commander of the cold case homicide squad, eventually ending up at John Jay.

“There’s a good chance (police) are going to look at the general geographical area where the body was dumped, looking for someone who had access to it, someone who was comfortable with that area, who has probably been there before,” he said.

The plastic sack containing Markham’s skull will be studied very carefully by police, Krumbein and Pollini agree.

Police will try to find the manufacturer of the bag and possibly trace it to the store to which it was distributed, Krumbein said. He recalled a murder case several years ago in which police were able to match a garbage bag that was evidence in the case to a roll of garbage bags in the defendant’s apartment.

The sack also can provide a killer’s fingerprints, Pollini said

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20130414/NEWS/304140051/

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20130414/NEWS/304140051/

“Your head does not just end up in a bag in a dump. It’s hard to imagine that it’s anything but a homicide,” said Mark Krumbein, a Cincinnati attorney who has spent three decades defending clients charged with murder and other crimes.

“Normally, when someone places a bag over someone’s head, it’s for the purposes of suffocation or asphyxiation,” said Joe Pollini

The dump site and the plastic bag also provide a plethora of scenarios about a killer, Krumbein said.

But he doesn’t necessarily agree that the bag over Markham’s head means she was suffocated as Pollini suggests.

Maybe the killer couldn’t stand looking at what he’d done and decided to cover Markham’s face after her death, he said.

Or was there was another reason?

“That person may have had contradictory feelings. They didn’t want her face to be exposed to the elements. It shows some respect,” Krumbein said.

That is not "searching" in my book; ask the people who were out in the rain, etc and if it was my loved one I would be actively involved. Don't get me started...

I worked a couple of days of the search as a sign in/sign out person for the volunteers and I signed him in on a morning search myself, so I can definitely say that he was there at least once. He went out searching with everyone else, but did come back and sign out after a few hours, saying his leg was hurting (caused by surgery he had on it previously). His mother and father (and other family members), as well as Katelyn's father, were there the entire time the center was open and worked hard. His father told me that both families were told it would be better if they did not go out into the field but to stay and volunteer at the center.

I did think it odd that JC didn't return and volunteer at the center, especially since his family was putting in such an effort. After spending quite a bit of time working next to JC's father (he was also doing sign in) I will say this, I really believe that if JC did kill Katelyn his parents know nothing about it and truly believe he is innocent. They also genuinely seemed to care a lot about Katelyn.

And conditions for the searchers were horrid. While there was no rain, it was ungodly hot and humid-you could see people start to wilt within 5 minutes outside. The volunteers all went above and beyond to help find her.

I worked a couple of days of the search as a sign in/sign out person for the volunteers and I signed him in on a morning search myself, so I can definitely say that he was there at least once. He went out searching with everyone else, but did come back and sign out after a few hours, saying his leg was hurting (caused by surgery he had on it previously). His mother and father (and other family members), as well as Katelyn's father, were there the entire time the center was open and worked hard. His father told me that both families were told it would be better if they did not go out into the field but to stay and volunteer at the center.

I did think it odd that JC didn't return and volunteer at the center, especially since his family was putting in such an effort. After spending quite a bit of time working next to JC's father (he was also doing sign in) I will say this, I really believe that if JC did kill Katelyn his parents know nothing about it and truly believe he is innocent. They also genuinely seemed to care a lot about Katelyn.

And conditions for the searchers were horrid. While there was no rain, it was ungodly hot and humid-you could see people start to wilt within 5 minutes outside. The volunteers all went above and beyond to help find her.

So he can be a pizza boy but can't look for Katelyn? Doesn't fly with me...:what:

i just wonder if that injured ankle may have been freshly re-injured from attempting to cover up a horrendous crime he may have "recently committed" (back then) & perhaps it really was hurting him when all of the searching was going on. MOO, IMO, JMO.

Its been a year and FF LE haven't made an arrest yet in Chelsea Johnson's murder. I hope since other agencies are involved Katelyns doesn't take as long.

Once again:

• We do not sleuth people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.
  • We do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages. Other exceptions have to be mod-approved.
  • We do not link to a social networking page unless we are 100% certain it belongs to the suspect/victim.
  • We never post the name of a private individual, minor or adult, who has not been named in the media. Even then, unless s/he's a major player, initials should be used in place of full names.
  • Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a pm.
  • If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not quote it. Alert the post ASAP so a mod can handle the problem.
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Its been a year and FF LE haven't made an arrest yet in Chelsea Johnson's murder. I hope since other agencies are involved Katelyns doesn't take as long.

yes they are now, ohio, indiana , fbi and they are working together.

I don't see a reason for JC to cut her head off, sorry for being graphic... especially when you consider other bones of hers were found in the same vicinity. If you wanted to avoid identification you would move them to another site.

That said, perhaps they were moved there amongst other rubbish by someone else, someone innocent of murder but guilty of illegal dumping? - We call that fly tipping in the UK, not sure if it's the same terminology in the states, I'd be looking at local traveller communities to see if I could locate a source to where the rubbish might of originated from.

and she as torn apart by animals until there was nothing but bone...........

I'm still confused about the supposed halluncinagenic mushrooms. So did they take them together after work or was JC tripping when she got home? Seems like you would want to do something while tripping, like go out or watch a movie or something. Instead they hang around her condo arguing while KM plays with her computer and they have a guest come over. Then JC leaves and goes to a friends house and KM is tired and goes to bed? Doesnt sound like any typical drug trip to me. If KM got home around 8 then how long were they tripping if she went to bed by midnight. Mushrooms last a lot longer than that. You would think it would be more of a special occaision. Most people set aside time to do something like that not just any work night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid