OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Katelyn? This is crazy. Does anyone suppose she may have committed suicide? One never knows what's truly going on inside another's mind. Could she have had a terrible argument with JC and after he left her home she just took off walking with her phone which she threw or buried somewhere after sending that final photo?

What really bothers me is if they ever do find her body valuable evidence will be lost and they may never find out how she died.

Just don't know what to think anymore but if I had my guess, they are in the process of building a circumstantial case against JC and they just need a lucky break or that one tip provided by one of their friends who decides to finally come forward.

Where is Katelyn? This is crazy. Does anyone suppose she may have committed suicide? One never knows what's truly going on inside another's mind. Could she have had a terrible argument with JC and after he left her home she just took off walking with her phone which she threw or buried somewhere after sending that final photo?

What really bothers me is if they ever do find her body valuable evidence will be lost and they may never find out how she died.

Just don't know what to think anymore but if I had my guess, they are in the process of building a circumstantial case against JC and they just need a lucky break or that one tip provided by one of their friends who decides to finally come forward.

Suicides generally are not able to hide their bodies particularly well. Even if she had thrown herself into a lake or a river, she should have been found, I would think. It appears she has been hidden, like so many others, maybe not ingeniously, but well enough to not be found for a while, if ever...

This may have been posted already.

Seamus O'Riley's blogspot analysis of JC statements is very interesting. I can't seem to post the link here correctly - ***************************/2011/09/katelyn-markham-new-clue.html. His analysis on JC is from 9/2.

Almino, This Seamus O'Riley site is super educational! If you go to his page and search for KM or JC, you'll see that he has some great feedback regarding the statements JC's made. I definitely get the feeling he (JC) knows/suspects on some level what happened to her, whatever that means.

Now that I haven't heard the audio of the TV/radio interviews with JC in a long time, it's interesting to come back to these transcripts, without his voice/tone in my head. Reading this bit from an interview with NG, something new is jumping out to me. When I read this now, it could be that he was burning this stuff out of anger/punishment... BBM the statements that really jump out as potentially aggressive statements. Bold and Italics by me the statements that jumps out as straight out creepy.

CARTER: Well, to be honest, she had some legal documents, like bills, and like her school schedule, things like that. And she wanted me to dispose of them. And the series of text messages that she sent to me -- I had sent her after I had gotten rid of them. I just said, I got rid of them. They're all gone. And she wanted me to burn them. So it`s, like, I burnt the message -- or I burnt your documents. And she was, like, Oh, I kind of wanted to be there. And I was, like, Well, I have documents I need to burn, so you can be there when I burn mine. And then she just wrote back a message saying, like, Oh, OK. And then she sent me the picture message, and then that was it.

FYI, I am not a mod, but we are not allowed to link any blogs or sites that show up with those ****** in the address when you paste them...

I have been working so much I am so far behind. I am so discouraged at how little the local press is following this case. I feel sad for Katelyn that so many who claim to love her have become more concerned with "protecting" JC then "protecting" Katelyn. The amount of time that has been spent "bullying" people on Facebook shows me they sure aren't spending a ton of their own time doing anything to find Katleyn. JMO of course.

pynkfish:

"I burnt the message...."

That little "Freudian slip" has always bothered me.

I will be the most shocked person on the planet if he is innocent in Katelyn's disappearance.

What I would like to know is:

1) why hasn't he lawyered up
2) why hasn't he taken a polygraph

Just plain weird. Marc Klaas will tell you that anyone who is truly innocent when a loved one disappears, is literally beating down the doors of a police station demanding to be polygraphed so that the police can direct their attentions on other potential suspects.

I think he's given myriad excuses and has never been down to the station for a formal polygraph. He has most likely never been "available" when the detectives have asked him to come in..."um..I might have to go in early to work today"..."I'm sick and have a cold today", "I really miss Katelyn right now and I just wouldn't come across well".....

I would be willing to bet that they finally called him up and sort of trapped him into agreeing to take the voice recognition test and he agreed on the spur of the moment. He also knew if he didn't agree to the voice erecognition test that he would look entirely guilty to the cops.

And I bet he failed it. I also think that if his alibi had checked out and he took the polygraph and passed it, the detectives wouldn't have had any problem with telling the press that he had been cleared as a suspect.

BBM the statement I'm responding to:

I think he's given myriad excuses and has never been down to the station for a formal polygraph. He has most likely never been "available" when the detectives have asked him to come in..."um..I might have to go in early to work today"..."I'm sick and have a cold today", "I really miss Katelyn right now and I just wouldn't come across well".....

I would be willing to bet that they finally called him up and sort of trapped him into agreeing to take the voice recognition test and he agreed on the spur of the moment. He also knew if he didn't agree to the voice erecognition test that he would look entirely guilty to the cops.

And I bet he failed it. I also think that if his alibi had checked out and he took the polygraph and passed it, the detectives wouldn't have had any problem with telling the press that he had been cleared as a suspect.

Oooo, where are you hearing this (I've missed some pages and haven't been watching the KM: CE FB page)? Or is this an educated guess?

What do you mean by her case is closed?

OOPS. I didn't mean closed, I meant to type 'COLD." I guess it was a Freudian slip because I think there is something odd going on there and LE has been acting like it was case closed, imo.

pynkfish:

"I burnt the message...."

That little "Freudian slip" has always bothered me.

I will be the most shocked person on the planet if he is innocent in Katelyn's disappearance.

What I would like to know is:

1) why hasn't he lawyered up
2) why hasn't he taken a polygraph

Just plain weird. Marc Klaas will tell you that anyone who is truly innocent when a loved one disappears, is literally beating down the doors of a police station demanding to be polygraphed so that the police can direct their attentions on other potential suspects.

BBM
I have always wondered if he had an accomplice manning her cell phone at that time. And maybe the ' I burnt the message' text was really a code to the accomplice that he burned whatever he needed to and things were clear. ???

OOPS. I didn't mean closed, I meant to type 'COLD." I guess it was a Freudian slip because I think there is something odd going on there and LE has been acting like it was case closed, imo.

Okay, I get it now. Seems like a lot of these cases are "cold" if not actually closed...Holly, Lauren and Hailey, not to mention Kyron.

Pynkfish,

No, just a hunch. Wish I DID have inside information!

But why no press conferences? Does anyone else think it's strange that there have been none at all?

There were multiple PC's in the Morgan Harrington, Lauren Speirer cases just to name a few...relatives appear on camera pleading with the person who is responsible for the disappearance to please release their loved one....the police take questions, etc.

????????

Pynkfish,

No, just a hunch. Wish I DID have inside information!

But why no press conferences? Does anyone else think it's strange that there have been none at all?

There were multiple PC's in the Morgan Harrington, Lauren Speirer cases just to name a few...relatives appear on camera pleading with the person who is responsible for the disappearance to please release their loved one....the police take questions, etc.

????????

I concur. All these searches going on, posters, and continued community involvement and the local law enforcement seems to be somewhere in the background. I realize they are not but after this amount of time you would think they would step up to the mic and make some kind of statement.

Lots of discussion on the KMDCE FB page about the last cell phone ping and searches in that area. The location was accidentally revealed and it shows a different location where players may have been that night. The location is 15-20 miles from KMs townhouse.

Lots of discussion on the KMDCE FB page about the last cell phone ping and searches in that area. The location was accidentally revealed and it shows a different location where players may have been that night. The location is 15-20 miles from KMs townhouse.

Do you know when that information was revealed? That and other information that has been told could be the reason Tim Miller reacted the way he did to online chatter. Possibly it was told on a different chat page and someone mentioned it to TM.

Any idea where that would be on a map?

JeannieC - I don't know where it is on a map, but they give the town's name straight up over on the FB page. One of the neighbors in the town where the search was/ possible last ping was talking about what the area is like and she also helped in the search. I hesitate to say too much because I don't want to create problems with information leaked.
Can you do some reading over there? I'm not sure when it was first discussed, but it has been heavily discussed over the past day.

One of the people over there claims a police officer told them...grain of salt here...JMO

I noticed on the other FB page that a benefit is scheduled for Oct. 22nd to raise funds for searching...I could NOT plan that far ahead if this was my family member...that is almost 6 weeks off...seems like there are not great expectations of finding her before then.

Do you know when that information was revealed? That and other information that has been told could be the reason Tim Miller reacted the way he did to online chatter. Possibly it was told on a different chat page and someone mentioned it to TM.

Any idea where that would be on a map?

It was posted early morning on the missing page, then posted on the consider everything page (removed I think) as a copy of what was posted (and removed) on the missing page. Then a person came on the considering everything page saying someone she knows in the local police dept told her about this ping information. Then later acted like she had no idea it was not to be released. Talked of the searches and being treated rudely. ((My hunch was maybe this was to distract attention from true area of interest.......maybe???))

I copied the posts and would provide them to LE if I felt they wanted them, but I am sure they can get the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member