OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not on the national sex offender registry and doesn't have a record I can find in Butler County, OH.

well, they already said apartments in the media article and there is only one apartment complex on that street.... We have the general idea...

I sure hope this leads to a break in Katelyn's case... it sure sounds like all the circumstances line up... I wonder if they had questioned him before because he obviously was still an employee at that gas station... I bet they also had pulled ccvid from there during the course of the investigation!

Sure sounds like this one was on the radar.... or they wouldn't come right out and say they are looking into a link...

:moo:

I take it this is the last known area address before he fled: Sgt. Jon Varley of Oxford police said Gurpreet S. Kang, 26, of Black Squirrel Trail in Hamilton
http://www.journal-news.com/news/ha...-rape-ends-1393366.html?cxtype=rss_local-news

He's not on the national sex offender registry and doesn't have a record I can find in Butler County, OH.

So far, I am not finding a prior arrest either. The oxford gal could have been one of his early rapes and God forbid, if he had anything with Katelyn she might not have made it out alive. :-(

A couple of people on Facebook remember him from working at the gas station and say (of course) he seemed nice and friendly.

There is a family member in the same jail. I vote they turn the camera's off and let SB have a chat with this dude. We could know the answer soon! :jail:

Disclaimer: Not suggesting that LE really break the law, just venting!

Found a failure to use or improper use of turn signals in FF citation.....
and
Case type: Criminal Case description: Sell/Buy/Furn.Alco.UndrgePers. Date filed: 4/07/2009From the court filings it appears he did a diversion program, completed it and the charges were dismissed.

Case Archive is being updated a lot today. Glad to see some news in this case, and I hope they have the guy. More importantly if it is him I hope they can prove it.

I'm uploading a vid from his court appearance today, will be on in a few minutes.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Katelyn%20Markham%20-OH-/

062112kang-court1.jpg

FAIRFIELD — Fairfield police are investigating whether an arrest in Oxford has a connection to the disappearance of Katelyn Markham, who has been missing for nearly a year.

On June 15, Oxford police arrested Gurpreet Kang, 26, of Hamilton for an alleged sexual assault of a Miami University student that occurred last year in Oxford.

Kang reportedly worked at a convenience store and lived near Markham’s residence, Lt. Kevin Haddix of the Fairfield Police Department said in a release.

http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/crime/police-investigate-possible-connection-to-missing-fairfield-woman-1394596.html

So this guy got into another woman's apartment...sounds like a possible suspect for sure, for Katelyn...but then it is hard to imagine, if he got into her apartment, how and why he would get her out of it? Especially since LE has said there was no sign of foul play there...not sure what to think about all this, but sure hope it leads to the answers.

On pins and needles watching this story hopefully unfold if this guy is connected to KM. I wish NG would pick this story up and see what her reporters can dig up.

So this guy got into another woman's apartment...sounds like a possible suspect for sure, for Katelyn...but then it is hard to imagine, if he got into her apartment, how and why he would get her out of it? Especially since LE has said there was no sign of foul play there...not sure what to think about all this, but sure hope it leads to the answers.

Knife, gun may make you just walk out. Look at Holly Bobo. But a big chunk is missing with KM. All we know is JC said she was going to bed. We dont know what she did. Perhaps she stepped outside or stuck a buck in her pocket expecting to be back in 5 min and walked to the c-store for a coke . Know one knows.:(

Knife, gun may make you just walk out. Look at Holly Bobo. But a big chunk is missing with KM. All we know is JC said she was going to bed. We dont know what she did. Perhaps she stepped outside or stuck a buck in her pocket expecting to be back in 5 min and walked to the c-store for a coke . Know one knows.:(

I was thinking more of along the lines of the crime he is charged with...being on top of a girl in her bedroom...if he was in Katelyn's apartment, it wouldn't make much sense to remove her from it, too much danger. So if he is guilty, yes, I think he got a hold of her outside somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08