OH - Kaylee Schnurr, 18 mos, raped & murdered, Cincinnati, 20 July 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MaryKate said:
I am not saying this directly about this mother but all parents in general.

Married/Single or otherwise... If you do not have a safe environment to bring a child into this world then you should not have one.
I am tired of hearing "You can't watch them all of the time"
Or how parents should not have to give up their "lives" to have a child.
Yes, IMO they should have to.
If it means no more dating or dinners out then so be it.
Having a child is the most life altering experience and it adds a new dimension to the word "responsibility"
If it means you drive an old car and have old furniture and live on one income then that is what you do.
I know that many say that anything can happen .. and I agree but I also think that making choices about your child's safety can go a looong way even if those choices are limitting the parents social life.
Again this is not a bash on single parents ... Plenty of married couples are lousy parents too.
I would not leave any child in a room with someone I do not know or only knew for a couple of months.
The 30 minute sceanario doesn't sit well with me but after what this mother has been through I am not inclined to say anything negative about her without further evidence.

In a nut shell, having children means you sacrafice for their well being. Their wants and needs and safety come first. If that means you don't date until the child is 18 then Oh well...
If that is intolerable then possibly the parent should have thought of that before throwing their legs up in the air or work real hard on finding a solution that doesn't sacrafice their childs safety yet permits them some adult time.

My parents have been married for 57 years. They have never sacrificed an inch of their comfort level for anyone.They will deny to the enth of their lives everything that resembles the truth.Only recently my brother was committed to a psych hospital.This was a result of them finding out that he had put my father on a nursing home list.They choosed to deny that we have been receiving threatening letters and such and that any one of us siblings were in peril. Only them.

The Hamilton County Coroner released his findings Tuesday afternoon in the death of an 18-month-old girl. 19-year-old Matthew Carovillano is accused of raping and beating Kaylee Schnurr at a North College Hill home last week. She later died at the hospital. The Coroner says the toddler suffered multiple injuries including trauma to the brain and abdomen.

Dr O'Dell Owens, Hamilton County Coroner: "She died of brain trauma. You could actually see bruising of the brain, it was not a skull fracture. Certainly there was some swelling of the brain, again it would reflect trauma to the head, not to the skull."

Carovillano faces rape, felonious assault, and child endangering charges. Those charges could be upgraded to aggravated murder later this week.

http://wkrc.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=4BF0F3F2-717B-427D-A901-F2CEC828B69A

I am a single mother, I have a 2 yr old boy and a 7 year old boy. I have never had to give up my life for this boys. I simply include them in whatever I do. I work in law enforcement and I can check the background of anyone that I meet. I have done this on more than one occasion. I also live in a very small community, so everyone knows everyone elses business. I think that there is something very wrong with these mothers who do not have any idea of what is going on. This mom says she was in the basement doing laundry and this occured. Does anyone really think this is possible? I never have a free moment for myself. My kids are always with me, and I mean always. I cant got to the restroom without one coming in or knocking on the door. I just beleive that somehow these mothers should know who they are involved with, suspect something, h?ll I dont know. Just blows my mind.

A man accused of raping and murdering an 18 month-old girl faces new allegations... repeatedly harassing the girl's mother by phone from the Hamilton County Jail. If convicted of the rape and murder, Matthew Carovillano, will face a possible death penalty.

Because of the new harassment charge, another $100,000 was added to the $1.6 million bond that was already set.
http://wkrc.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=BF3E2524-A632-480C-920A-CFA97F8A94BD

Deters says many in the community wanted the mother charged with child endangering, but he says the only thing she's guilty of is picking a horrible boyfriend.

"There is absolutely no evidence that the mother of this child had any indication that abuse had taken place prior to this," said Deters.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/07/28/deathpenalty.html

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4782791/detail.html

mysteriew said:
A man accused of raping and murdering an 18 month-old girl faces new allegations... repeatedly harassing the girl's mother by phone from the Hamilton County Jail. If convicted of the rape and murder, Matthew Carovillano, will face a possible death penalty.

Because of the new harassment charge, another $100,000 was added to the $1.6 million bond that was already set.
http://wkrc.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=BF3E2524-A632-480C-920A-CFA97F8A94BD

Deters says many in the community wanted the mother charged with child endangering, but he says the only thing she's guilty of is picking a horrible boyfriend.

"There is absolutely no evidence that the mother of this child had any indication that abuse had taken place prior to this," said Deters.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/07/28/deathpenalty.html

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4782791/detail.html

This is life affirming. Hope the mother is not culpable in any way.Bless the child. Oh, bless the child.

TisHerself said:
Mabel I agree with you if he raped her before then there is NO way the mother does not know. The beating lasting for 30mins and she says she ran upstairs when she heard the baby cry. He said he beat her because she screamed when he tried to rape her so he beat her then raped her .something does not fit here.
I keep going over that part myself!

Thirty minutes of raping & beating, why hadn't she heard the screams from the beginning. I guess maybe the water in the washer may have been running???????

I haven't read how old the mother is, has anyone?

Tom'sGirl said:
I keep going over that part myself!

Thirty minutes of raping & beating, why hadn't she heard the screams from the beginning. I guess maybe the water in the washer may have been running???????

I haven't read how old the mother is, has anyone?

I don't know. But never believe the mother as all truth. This is one of the most horrible crimes that I have heard of.

How can you live in the same place with someone this sick and violent and not know it? This ignorance just really leaves me:banghead:

Beyond Belief said:
How can you live in the same place with someone this sick and violent and not know it? This ignorance just really leaves me:banghead:
That's why I asked how old she is.....still no answer on that.

HIS photo looks like he's much younger than 19 don't you think so?

Also, HE was the one who called 911 with her crying in the background.........something smells more than stupid to me!

Tom'sGirl said:
That's why I asked how old she is.....still no answer on that.

HIS photo looks like he's much younger than 19 don't you think so?

Also, HE was the one who called 911 with her crying in the background.........something smells more than stupid to me!

If I had just found my child bruised and bleeding, I would probably have both my hands on her, esp. if there was someone there who could call 911. I would imagine I would either be crying or screaming or both also.
From an earlier link-
Kaylee's mother is just 20-years-old

Kaylee was her only child. http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/07/24/child_rape_family.html

Beyond Belief said:

Denial is very very powerful. Some people see/hear/know what they want to. In this case, I think she just didn't take the amount of time necessary to know this guy was straight out of hell. That's the problem with most single parents that date. They move way too damn fast.

Beyond Belief said:
I am not sure about this Mother - I keep going back and forth. However, in answer to your question - it is probably easier than we would like to think. Remember the wife and family of BTK. :eek:

mysteriew said:
A man accused of raping and murdering an 18 month-old girl faces new allegations... repeatedly harassing the girl's mother by phone from the Hamilton County Jail.

This goes beyond torture! :furious: To do this to the mother when she has already lost this beautiful baby girl through such a horrible murder is beyond comprehension.
I hope they are taking his phone privileges away or at least monitoring his calls. I thought when you called from a jail that the calls were all collect calls. That would mean that she had to accept the calls. :confused: The only way to be repeatedly harassed is if he is allowed to talk to her. Am I missing something here?

madgallico said:
This goes beyond torture! :furious: To do this to the mother when she has already lost this beautiful baby girl through such a horrible murder is beyond comprehension.
I hope they are taking his phone privileges away or at least monitoring his calls. I thought when you called from a jail that the calls were all collect calls. That would mean that she had to accept the calls. :confused: The only way to be repeatedly harassed is if he is allowed to talk to her. Am I missing something here?

Just the fact that he repeatedly tried to call her could be construed as harrassment. He wouldn't have had to actually talk to her. They have increased his bond for trying to contact her, and added additional charges.

mysteriew said:
Just the fact that he repeatedly tried to call her could be construed as harrassment. He wouldn't have had to actually talk to her. They have increased his bond for trying to contact her, and added additional charges.

Thank you for clarifying that for me. :)

I should have realized that because when one of my brothers was in jail, he kept calling & I finally had to stop accepting his constant calls. He only wanted bail money from me & since he was in jail for domestic violence, I said no way.

According to noon news he went to court today, pleaded not guilty. Pros. will be seeking the death penalty.
In the harassment calls that he made to the mother, he threatened her.

mysteriew said:
According to noon news he went to court today, pleaded not guilty. Pros. will be seeking the death penalty.
In the harassment calls that he made to the mother, he threatened her.
I'm disgusted that he was even allowed to call anyone, and very disgusted that she would even accept his calls.

Just makes me sick :(

Tom'sGirl said:
I'm disgusted that he was even allowed to call anyone, and very disgusted that she would even accept his calls.

Just makes me sick :(

I don't know. In the same situation, if he called- I might have wanted some screaming time with him. I would probably have taken the call too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva
Back