GUILTY OH - Kyla Hayton, 20, pregnant, & Todd Burkhart, 28, Columbus, 16 Nov 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where are you getting your information from, please? You do realize that there are cases to which dogs are involved throughout the searches- some for months and years, that never find anything?

I've seen search and cadaver dogs go right by a victim who is buried, yet they alerted nothing. Blaze Bernstein's case is a perfect example of this.

I think LE did an exceptional job on this case. Nine days later, both Todd and Kyla have been found. Do you see how many cases on here there are of missing people that go weeks, months, years, before they're found?

They said in the live update that they brought the cadaver dogs out today, and they immediately led them to the body.

The fact that they were found relatively quickly is good, as like you said there’s plenty of cases where bodies are never found or found years later. But from the information LE gave us today, they could have found her body 8 days ago if they brought the dogs in.

I also agree that it seems like LE overall has done a good job here on everything besides that. They found Todd very quickly and almost immediately had a POI and took him into custody on weapons charges while they continued to gather evidence for more serious charges.

Last edited:
Rodgers lives a stone's throw from the vacant Todd was in, and the duplex (at least) Kyla was in. His priors looked to be escalating, and the dismissals on so many crimes is disheartening. I did see Rodgers and his GF pages, and there certainly was a lot to see.

Some of the comments on SM are sickening. I mean these people may not have made the best decisions in life, but this was a pregnant young mother. Both victims have family and friends who love them. I just hope they arent reading all that on top of their grief.

Some of the comments on SM are sickening. I mean these people may not have made the best decisions in life, but this was a pregnant young mother. Both victims have family and friends who love them. I just hope they arent reading all that on top of their grief.
I think at times compassion goes out the window when people don't live "exemplary" lives. Almost a concept that they were looking for trouble. You know since people think they are perfect and never made any mistakes at all

They weren't? This wasn't their preferred outcome, agreed, but the totality of circumstances as presented were inordinately high-risk.

I agree. Her own dad had posted something about “the company you keep influencing your choices” days after she went missing.

TB’s sister admittedly had a falling out with him over his “choices”

Their families were not naive. They knew Todd and Kayla were making bad decisions. They were definitely living a high risk lifestyle.

The area they were found in is extremely high risk. Im still a bit shocked he would take Kayla there. And that she would agree to go there.

Having said that; its still a heartbreaking story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho
Back