GUILTY OH - Marcus Fiesel, 3, Union Township, 4 August 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm pretty much a "live and let live" sorta person, but not when they're bringing innocent children into the mix.

Jeana (DP) said:
I'm pretty much a "live and let live" sorta person, but not when they're bringing innocent children into the mix.

Exactly. Also David had been charged with domestic violence. There was no conviction, but shouldn't that have also been a red flag to DSS?

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060829/NEWS01/608290348

"While investigators say the Carrolls left Marcus behind Aug. 4, Martin said her niece did not arrive at the reunion until Aug. 5.

She said Liz Carroll was accompanied by her husband, their four children and a woman who lived with them at their home."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060823/NEWS01/608230359/-1/newsmarcus

I have read that the Carrolls had four children of their own -

"Liz and David Carroll have four children, ages 8, 7, 5 and 2. Both used to work in retail jobs, but for more than two years have made their living providing day care for Clermont and Brown county agencies. Liz Carroll told The Enquirer that they lost their day-care license when Marcus went missing."

so if they had Marcus and the one other foster child that was removed after Marcus went missing and they only took four with them to the family reunion, I wonder if this means they left the other foster child or one of their own children behind as well???

Edited to add links (I hope)

Hamilton Co. prosecutor just held a press conference. It is believed that Marcus was wrapped in a blanket with his arms behind him, then the blanket was wrapped with packing tape before he was put into the closet. It is believed he had been wrapped in the blanket and taped before, though this was the first time that he had been put into the closet.

It is believed that after David Carroll took Marcus to the chimney and burned him, that "some" members of the family may have gone back to the site 2 or more times and continued to burn. And that at some point the remains were then gathered up and taken to the river and disposed of.

The family's SUV has been seized and the prosecutor has refused to discuss that.

One of the reporters asked if Marcus' head was covered, and the pros. said no he didn't think so. Reporter asked if his mouth was taped so that he couldn't scream, and pros. said no. Reporter said something else then pros. said they knew because of a witness. Then refused to discuss it further.

Additional charges have been added. Perjury for Liz for lying to grand jury. For both Liz and David inducing panic and a couple of others. And the pros. reiterated that the voluntary manslaughter charges were just to hold them, and they expect to be filing murder charges soon.

This was from a news conference and the links aren't up yet.

They are discussing issues of "venue". Deters is the one who has been doing the press conferences and he is Hamilton Co. Marcus was from Butler Co. Marcus' body was found in Brown Co. I am not sure which county the Carroll's home was in or which county the park was in. I think the couple's home was in Clermont Co, so I am not real sure why the Hamilton Co. prosecutor is the one giving the press conferences. Deters did mention that he is working closely with the Clermont Co. pros Donald White.

Press conference:

In addition to two counts each of child endangerment and one count each of involuntary manslaughter, the Carrolls have been charged with two counts each of inducing panic and one count each of making a false alarm.

Liz Carroll has also been charged with two counts of perjury in relation to her grand-jury testimony.

Deters said he'd be meeting with Clermont County Prosecutor Don White to determine what other specific charges would be filed in Fiesel's death and where a trial would be held.
http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/9756535/detail.html

"[The murder charges] are inevitable. Whether it's here or in Clermont County, it's going to happen."

"Everybody's trying to find an excuse for this...they've got mental problems, or they're on drugs...Sometimes people are just evil."

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/08/29/fiesel.html

http://www.wkrc.com/breaking/story.aspx?content_id=F144C190-55F0-4801-93FB-C6E04C7BE5B6

[QUOTE

snip

"Liz and David Carroll have four children, ages 8, 7, 5 and 2. Both used to work in retail jobs, but for more than two years have made their living providing day care for Clermont and Brown county agencies. Liz Carroll told The Enquirer that they lost their day-care license when Marcus went missing."

so if they had Marcus and the one other foster child that was removed after Marcus went missing and they only took four with them to the family reunion, I wonder if this means they left the other foster child or one of their own children behind as well???

Edited to add links (I hope)[/QUOTE]

I'll bet they did leave both foster children at home since her aunt is quoted as saying she didn't even know they fostered children until this happened.

And didn't the girlfriend bring 4 into the home with her? Three of her own and 1 foster child. Where were they during the reunion?

This is where an eye for an eye would be well suited. Tie them up with their arms behind them and leave them. Then cremate them and be done.
And that would more than likely be kinder than what they did to him the entire time he lived with them. Makes me sooo ill.

mysteriew said:
They are discussing issues of "venue". Deters is the one who has been doing the press conferences and he is Hamilton Co. Marcus was from Butler Co. Marcus' body was found in Brown Co. I am not sure which county the Carroll's home was in or which county the park was in. I think the couple's home was in Clermont Co, so I am not real sure why the Hamilton Co. prosecutor is the one giving the press conferences. Deters did mention that he is working closely with the Clermont Co. pros Donald White.
The park Marcus was reported missing from is in Hamilton County, so they were leading the investigation into the disappearance. The crime occured in Clemont County. The body was burned in Brown County.

SewingDeb said:
[QUOTE

snip

I emailed the reporter and got a reply that there were four children - 3 by Liz and David and one was his from a girlfriend, for four, she is trying to find information on the other foster child. Also, her understanding was Amy didn't bring her children into the home, they were living elsewhere. Will post more if/when I learn more.

Edited to add links (I hope)
I'll bet they did leave both foster children at home since her aunt is quoted as saying she didn't even know they fostered children until this happened.

And didn't the girlfriend bring 4 into the home with her? Three of her own and 1 foster child. Where were they during the reunion?[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to catch up on this horrendous story, so pardon me if this has been asked and answered, but did Amy Baker attend the family reunion?

According to several articles I read, Amy did attend the family reunion with them. And it was Liz Carroll's family reunion.

I emailed one of the reporters and she said that the Carrrols had four children living with them - 3 Liz and Davids and the other was Davids by another woman. Amy Baker has 3 or 4 of her own, but, did not bring them to live with the Carrolls. They lived elsewhere.

The reporter is trying to get more information on the other foster child.

Right, I also read that someone(s) may have went to the house to "check on Marcus" or return a video or something and may have found him dead.

It stated somewhere that Liz and what's him name left the reunion abruptly at 3am (not sure if the time is accurate). Maybe this person called them and told them about Marcus and they rushed home to dispose of him.

I feel just like I did when I heard what Coeuy did to Jessica Lunsford. It is just beyond belief that a child could be treated this way. That 3 human beings could treat another human being this way. A little tiny human being.

That poor little boy and the terror he must have felt wrapped up like a mummy and taped to where he couldn't even move. His little arms behind him. They probably went numb right away. And shutup in a dark closet where it was probably hotter then heck.

It's pretty obvious that they didn't take the other foster child with them. I wonder if that child was locked in the closet too but didn't die? I can't see them leaving other kids behind and letting them have the run of the house.
They must have taken their own 4 kids with them but left the foster kids behind. The other foster child must be to young to tell.

I hope that LE didn't give Amy a complete deal with no prison time if she told.
She doesn't deserve to get off without doing any time at all. She is just as guilty as the other two in my book. She didn't do a thing to save that little guy. Hard to believe that she went along to that family reunion isn't it? Just goes to show that Liz must not have had a problem with Amy being part of the family. Sounds like they are into threesomes. When they go to prison they may have a lot of threesomes...every night. The women in prison find out what these two women did they are going to hate them. Most women in prison have children and they hate baby killers just like the males in prison do.

I have a feeling there is much more to this story then we have heard so far.
I don't know how it could get any worse though. My heart just breaks for little Marcus. I wish his mother had wanted him.

Older articles with some information about the biological mother. It sounds to me like his biological mother was simply overwhelmed, she neglected her children and when they were removed from the home there wasn't much food in the house. To me I just wonder if she was just so broke, didn't have public assistance/foodstamps or the know-how to acquire it.

In one article it mentions the mother tried to take care of Marcus but was unable to, she also mentions some health issues. A friend of hers who has an autistic child is supportive of his mother. I feel sorry for his mother not just because she has to bury her child now but she never got a chance to redeem her living situations to get her children out of foster care. Perhaps losing Marcus will help motivate her to improve her living conditions to get her other children back.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/08/15/missing_late.html

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060817/NEWS01/608170390

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060821/NEWS01/608210360/1010/RSS01

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020
Back