GUILTY OH - Melinda Pleskovic, 49, murdered in her Strongsville home, 23 Oct 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The accused killer's fiancee is the babies mother. I heard she was at work. The oldest daughter was away at college.

Wow! Blindsided by that one! We were so busy looking at the husband’s 911 call, we pretty much never considered the future SIL who sounded the way someone should sound. That convinces me once again that analyzing 911 calls can be tricky. Of course, the husband’s role remains to be seen. And I still want to know where the baby’s mother and accused killer’s fiancée was supposed to be.

Poor Melinda! Killed in her own kitchen just like Teresa Sievers. :(

Omg.
What a

Not entirely convinced her husband is innocent... but he is until proven/stated otherwise.
Have to say from hubby's 911 call -- didn't seem like there was much concern.
Imo.

There's so many possibilities. Maybe she walked in on him doing something nefarious and threatened to tell her daughter/call off wedding.
SABBM

Hmmm.... :(
Also-- I wondered as well about a Down's son and a one year old -- surely the older child wasn't responsible for the toddler ??
And, since Melinda was supposed to meet her husband for dinner-- was there a sitter scheduled ??

Okay so I will say I was suspicious of both the SIL and husband once we learned there were 2 different weapons used. The other thing that seemed odd about both is that supposedly their children were with Melinda when she never showed for dinner date and couldn't be reached. Even if they didn't have a good relationship with Melinda and weren't concerned about her safety, you'd think they would've checked on their kids (in that house with all the harassment and attempted break ins).

And it was a brutal killing.
What drives a person to do this ?
Just the physical force required to shoot and stab someone to death...
Was it : Fear of being found out ( Was SIL abusing someone ? A hidden drug dealer and she found out ?) ? Rage (maybe Melinda disapproved of the upcoming nuptials?) ?

Seems like there was a ton of hate and anger. Imo.

I'm sorry for Melinda ! I don't think she deserved to die in such a horrible manner.

After 8 days and an arrest for her murder, they are now asking the community for tips. Interesting.

Wait, WHAT?!

I just checked in for the first time today! [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

As far as we know, or what has been released to the public, this is a case of a SIL murdering his mother-in-law. So, why does the police chief thank The Ohio Internet Crimes Against Children at the end of his thank yous during the press conference? I fear the worst. I pray that I am wrong.

I caught that too. I live here in Strongsville and that was the first time I heard that they were involved!

As far as we know, or what has been released to the public, this is a case of a SIL murdering his mother-in-law. So, why does the police chief that The Ohio Internet Crimes Against Children at the end of his thank yous during the press conference? I fear the worst. I pray that I am wrong.

As far as we know, or what has been released to the public, this is a case of a SIL murdering his mother-in-law. So, why does the police chief that The Ohio Internet Crimes Against Children at the end of his thank yous during the press conference? I fear the worst. I pray that I am wrong.
Had to sleuth them!
Could it be die to the fact that today is Halloween or do you feel it is directly related to this case?

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2017/10/29/investigating-child-sex-crimes/692782001/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

As far as we know, or what has been released to the public, this is a case of a SIL murdering his mother-in-law. So, why does the police chief thank The Ohio Internet Crimes Against Children at the end of his thank yous during the press conference? I fear the worst. I pray that I am wrong.

Oh no...is it possible MP found out her SIL harmed his baby?

Good catch. Maybe they found something on SILs laptop.

Oh no...is it possible MP found out her SIL harmed his baby?

RSBM

Wait... this was a son-in-law TO BE ... Was the one year old HIS baby ?
Was he resentful of the little one ??
:moo:

So the sil murdered his fiancée mom and then left his 1yr old child and his fiancée brother who has downs and is non verbal home alone with her dead body? Then he met with his fiancée father and had dinner? Mind blown moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the sil murdered his fiancée mom and then left his 1yr old child and his fiancée brother who has downs and is non verbal home alone with her dead body? Then he met with his fiancée father and had dinner? Mind blown moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highly doubt that's exactly the way it happened. This guy doesn't look smart enough to have orchestrated this on his own and gotten his future FIL to alibi him.

Highly doubt that's exactly the way it happened. This guy doesn't look smart enough to have orchestrated this on his own and gotten his future FIL to alibi him.

Yup. I agree.

Had to sleuth them!
Could it be die to the fact that today is Halloween or do you feel it is directly related to this case?

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2017/10/29/investigating-child-sex-crimes/692782001/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The linked article describes these task forces as working in real time on the internet to find sex predators. They monitor activity online and when they see something bad, they get a SW for the internet IP address and make the arrest. If there was some online activity by the SIL, shouldn't they have been able to catch it before the murder? It's Ohio, so you just never know about how effective these agencies really are. Most of the sex crimes against children here are discovered after the fact. As always, our AG is adamant about keeping the FBI out of their investigations when possible. Strongsville LE have no experience in this kind of crime or in a murder investigation of this nature, so they're going to do as the AG instructs.

The crime and arrest are very odd, to say the least. It will be interesting to see what details emerge, if any. Some of the local news reports have quoted Scullins friends as saying he's not the type to do this. Some are quoted as saying if he's covering for someone else, he should come clean and tell what he knows.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/cuya...is-a-big-hearted-guy-not-a-murderer/487830797

"I remember in high school when he would mention so much about how he was not happy with part of his family so for me to find out that there was a murder on the other side of the family, it's just a little awkward for me."

She said that though she doesn’t believe he’s involved, he might be trying to protect someone else.

"What I hope for him is that if he does know something, it's better to tell the police than to hide it, no matter what the secret is."

This article above also says a source close to the investigation said forensic evidence linked Scullins to the murder. Its hard to ignore the odd behavior of the husband, Bruce. My hinky meter is still running.

As info, Strongsville is not too far from Lafayette Twp., where the bizarre murder of Bryon Macron is still unsolved, with LE saying he must have slashed his own throat, stabbed himself, then drove to the local lake and drowned himself without leaving footprints in the snow.

I am wondering if all the " instances" from the past few months were real. Either Jeffrey or the daughter called them in, I don't think police ever found anyone there or got fingerprints or anything. I do think this is just the first arrest and that others are involved. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back