GUILTY OH - Melinda Pleskovic, 49, murdered in her Strongsville home, 23 Oct 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe Mel had confided in a coworker or friend about something bad she knew about JS (unbeknownst to him that she had shared it) and that friend shared the info with LE. Maybe Mel witnessed something or discovered something about JS and JS wanted to shut her up? Also maybe he didn't really want to marry so better for him to do it before The Big Day? OR, if he did want to marry perhaps JS was afraid she was going to reveal something bad to his fiance to ruin their wedding plan? Could JS have been abusive toward the son with Downs and Mel had caught wind of it and was about to report him ? Or something she saw of his he had left open on the internet? Or drug involvement?
IDK. Just some thoughts. Hoping to hear more soon! Moo!

Generally speaking... calling off a wedding is better than taking the risk of going to PRISON !!

Wonder what his motive was ?
Can hardly stand to think of what it could be... but something like Ember's post suggested ; # 341. :(

One post with a link here said the suspect disliked Melinda as long as several years back. So maybe bad blood from years ago ?
But why get engaged to the daughter, then ?
Was he forced to after Melinda's daughter had his baby ?
And was resentful ?

Btw-- I think I read that the 1 year old was THEIR daughter.... so, no other man in the suspects' life to compete with.
:moo:

I actually believe Melinda's husband isn't involved in this.Another family member seems very suspicious to me.

I know this seems an odd question, but can JS and the daughter still get legally married (with JS currently incarcerated) if they have not done so already?

Also, a red truck and one other vehicle were towed from the home. Did JS own the truck and the dad owned the other car that was towed? I'm just trying to think if there may have been a vehicle at the Pleskovic's home which was not towed, e.g. Melinda's?

ETA: Please disregard the first question. I was thinking about their possible legal right to invoke spousal privilege. It would not apply to them if they were to marry after the commission of a crime.

Does anyone know who else claimed to have seen the person trying to break in through the patio slider door? I know JS said he chased that person away. Did Anna say she was there too?

Does anyone know who else claimed to have seen the person trying to break in through the patio slider door? I know JS said he chased that person away. Did Anna say she was there too?

'Scullin is the only person who reported seeing break-ins at the home in recent months' (in August and then the Thursday before the murder).

http://fox8.com/2017/10/31/strongsville-police-update-investigation-into-teachers-murder/

'Scullin is the only person who reported seeing break-ins at the home in recent months' (in August and then the Thursday before the murder).

http://fox8.com/2017/10/31/strongsville-police-update-investigation-into-teachers-murder/

Anna did report though seeing kids outside smoking weed, and another time the teens with the adult that told them to run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anna did report though seeing kids outside smoking weed, and another time the teens with the adult that told them to run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an instant gut reaction when I read the words above.

I do hope they were able to locate the teens. Surely they didn't come from far to hang outside and smoke weed (?) I've tried to keep up with the info but certainly may have missed if the accounting has been verified by someone other than Anna.

I had an instant gut reaction when I read the words above.

I do hope they were able to locate the teens. Surely they didn't come from far to hang outside and smoke weed (?) I've tried to keep up with the info but certainly may have missed if the accounting has been verified by someone other than Anna.

I felt the same gut reaction but cannot, for the life of me, figure how this could benefit them? What could they gain??

I'm interested in knowing the nature of JS's problems with his biological family. Was it so bad that JS could not or did not wish to live with them again if ever he was no longer welcome in the Pleskovic home? Also: I have read about every adult family member's source of income except for Jeffrey's (and of course, Kyle's.) I'n mot assuming that JS didn't work, but if so: what was his job? Did it allow him a lot of free time or independence from the actual job location--if he did work?

If Jeffrey had been the only one to report "suspicious activity" he had witnessed on Burning Star Drive, I believe he would have begun to look less credible in the eyes of LE. In fact: the report in the 911 call Melinda made the Thursday prior to her death was not as an actual witness, but relaying information that she was getting from JS. Items stolen and/or property damage didn't require a real-time witness and could have been reported later--by whoever discovered it. These types of incidents could have lent JS more credibility since he did not need to be a witness or encourage someone to make a call.

Seems to me he was trying to manipulate an outcome to serve an agenda he had, and I can see several scenarios where he could have personally benefited by having that family nervous or fearful. Even if the Pleskovic surveillance/security was "conveniently" disabled at times: there were other homes quite near that may have revealed a different reality than the one JS seemed to be promoting. I truly believe he was--and is--a manipulator who possibly was trying to appear "the hero."

Could he have been trying to establish himself as an indispensable member of the family by creating a role as security guard and babysitter, a sort of back-up father figure/keeper of the house in a family with only two males and four females?

Here is the link which states that a high school friend of JS said he often had much to say about family problems not with the Pleskovic's, but his "own" family. Could circumstances at his own home have become unmanageable and/or was he required to get work and move out?

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/cuya...is-a-big-hearted-guy-not-a-murderer/487830797

"I remember in high school when he would mention so much about how he was not happy with part of his family so for me to find out that there was a murder on the other side of the family, it's just a little awkward for me."
~HS friend of JS

I'm interested in knowing the nature of JS's problems with his biological family. Was it so bad that JS could not or did not wish to live with them again if ever he was no longer welcome in the Pleskovic home? Also: I have read about every adult family member's source of income except for Jeffrey's (and of course, Kyle's.) I'n mot assuming that JS didn't work, but if so: what was his job? Did it allow him a lot of free time or independence from the actual job location--if he did work?

If Jeffrey had been the only one to report "suspicious activity" he had witnessed on Burning Star Drive, I believe he would have begun to look less credible in the eyes of LE. In fact: the report in the 911 call Melinda made the Thursday prior to her death was not as an actual witness, but relaying information that she was getting from JS. Items stolen and/or property damage didn't require a real-time witness and could have been reported later--by whoever discovered it. These types of incidents could have lent JS more credibility since he did not need to be a witness or encourage someone to make a call.

Seems to me he was trying to manipulate an outcome to serve an agenda he had, and I can see several scenarios where he could have personally benefited by having that family nervous or fearful. Even if the Pleskovic surveillance/security was "conveniently" disabled at times: there were other homes quite near that may have revealed a different reality than the one JS seemed to be promoting. I truly believe he was--and is--a manipulator who possibly was trying to appear "the hero."

Could he have been trying to establish himself as an indispensable member of the family by creating a role as security guard and babysitter, a sort of back-up father figure/keeper of the house in a family with only two males and four females?

Here is the link which states that a high school friend of JS said he often had much to say about family problems not with the Pleskovic's, but his "own" family. Could circumstances at his own home have become unmanageable and/or was he required to get work and move out?

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/cuya...is-a-big-hearted-guy-not-a-murderer/487830797

"I remember in high school when he would mention so much about how he was not happy with part of his family so for me to find out that there was a murder on the other side of the family, it's just a little awkward for me."
~HS friend of JS

Thank you for posting this! So, basically this family took him in and made him part of the family. Taking care of him, their daughter and their granddaughter. I know as a mom, I would probably do the same if he was having issues at his home. Now, I am curious what issues he had with his own family.

Thank you for posting this! So, basically this family took him in and made him part of the family. Taking care of him, their daughter and their granddaughter. I know as a mom, I would probably do the same if he was having issues at his home. Now, I am curious what issues he had with his own family.

I always thought it was a bit unusual during his calls to LE when he always called it my house. Not my fiance's house or my fiance's parent's house. I realize he was living there too but it just hit me wrong in the way he said it. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though.

I always thought it was a bit unusual during his calls to LE when he always called it my house. Not my fiance's house or my fiance's parent's house. I realize he was living there too but it just hit me wrong in the way he said it. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though.
I totally understand what you are saying. I wonder how long he has lived there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases
Back